Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Stuff/Game packs on a physical copy?

SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
OK.
The title is self-explainatory, so, i really wanted to buy Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff and Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, but then i realised that you could only buy them digitally, with your credit card.
well, my parents would have bought it for me but. Long story short, i once bought a game with a card, and after a while, somebody somehow hacked my mom's credit card, and she lost all the money she had on that card(she had ALOT of money on that card), from then, i haven't heard of that card ever again. and i don't think that i will hear of stuff/game packs ever again either if ea continues with this stupid idea of selling them only digitally.
like seriously, some people would cry to get that game(not me) and i really really want that game.
also, reason 2 that i want a physical copy of it is that i wanna add it to my collection! because i have alot of other sims dvd's/cd's, so. :|
Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
2lDWFwI.gif
Post edited by SnappiTheSimmerxx on

Comments

• foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I agree with you, when i wanted to buy get together i went to a store and didnt found it and waisted 1 hour of my life.
    Then i saw it on origin and bought it with a paysafecard and needed to go out to buy the card.

In my opinion its a bit safer to have a disc then having it digital.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I don't use a credit card to buy the stuff/game packs. Go to your local Wal-mart, Target, Gamestop and get an EA Cash card. You can use that online to buy whatever you want. That way you don't have to use your credit card online.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited May 2016
    I bought 'Get Together' at EB games , All I got was the code but at least I didn't have the hassle with Origin who flagged my account as hacked.
    It would be great if I could buy all the stuff packs this way too. I had managed to get "perfect Patios' and 'Spa Day' this way too but at Best Buy. I haven't found the other stuff packs anywhere but online so I don't own them yet.

I would prefer to have a disc too but a least I do have a case.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I have to admit in the beginning I was very dubious of having the game as strictly a digital download. I did [purchase the base game on disk, but I soon discovered there was little point in having disks. You certainly don't need one in the drive drawer in order to play, so that's rather nice. Plus, I'm also noticing how inexpensive the SPs; GPs are. Far more affordable.

I also use the EA Sims4 Cards.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    well, my parents
    Your parents work very hard.
    Are you sure you shouldn't talk to them about stuffpacks before buying them?
    If you do choose to talk to your parents about it, please do explain to them the difference between expansions and stuffpacks.
    Thanks in advance.

As for retail/digital my room was filled with crapload of floppies, CDs, DVDs, manuals and boxes. And then I went digital - tossed away (almost) every physical thing from games I could register, rebought old games for cheap mostly on GOG, but some also on Origin and Steam.
    I couldn't believe myself but my room now doesn't look as dump any more.
    The point of the story - go digital whenever you can. If you want to buy something physical, go for stuff you can actually use. For example if you like Mass Effect, instead of gathering cds and crap, get yourself a nice and shiny t-shirt you can wear everyday or something useable from Bioware official store:
    http://www.biowarestore.com/brands/mass-effect.html?dir=asc&limit=all&order=top_sellers

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    That's really unfortunate, sorry that happened! As people have suggested, many retailers sell EA/Sims Cash Cards. Also, for a couple of dollars, you can get a re-fillable card from places like Wal-Mart. This way, your parents could safely load up the card and you could use that to purchase the digital packs.

Personally, I checkout using PayPal as they have excellent customer service. I have only once had an issue with a PayPal charge that was not mine, and they immediately investigated and took care of it. It's a very safe way to purchase things online.
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    JoxerTM22 wrote: »
    well, my parents
    Your parents work very hard.
    Are you sure you shouldn't talk to them about stuffpacks before buying them?
    If you do choose to talk to your parents about it, please do explain to them the difference between expansions and stuffpacks.
    Thanks in advance.

As for retail/digital my room was filled with crapload of floppies, CDs, DVDs, manuals and boxes. And then I went digital - tossed away (almost) every physical thing from games I could register, rebought old games for cheap mostly on GOG, but some also on Origin and Steam.
    I couldn't believe myself but my room now doesn't look as dump any more.
    The point of the story - go digital whenever you can. If you want to buy something physical, go for stuff you can actually use. For example if you like Mass Effect, instead of gathering cds and crap, get yourself a nice and shiny t-shirt you can wear everyday or something useable from Bioware official store:
    http://www.biowarestore.com/brands/mass-effect.html?dir=asc&limit=all&order=top_sellers

So much this. I haven't even bought a DVD rom for my pc in 5 years. No issues whatsoever plus digital is better for the environment imo.

hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • StilleWaterStilleWater Posts: 1,566 Member
    Digital is great and easy and if you use an EA Cash Card no worries...BUT, I bought everything digitally for TS3, so if I get a new computer I can just access Origin, download and don't have to store the discs. EA has now made TS3 where you can only use so many pkgs, you have to choose which ones you want to play. If I had the discs I wouldn't need Origin to download content so I can use all the game at one time. They have some content on each disc that I like use but I can't use all the discs to get to the content. TS2 and TS4 also releases pkgs with content that I use and don't use, this includes interactions, my point is I do wish I had purchased everything on disc and should have that option. If they do like they did in TS3, they may combine pkgs and sell them on discs later.
    7FXGVZ1.jpg?1
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I have bought both of those Packs, and I didn't need a credit card. It all depends on where you live if you need to pay for them with a credit card or not. And you can also use pre-payed credit cards to buy them too.
  • knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    I buy all games digitally now I hate the clutter of all those discs :)
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    knazzer wrote: »
    I buy all games digitally now I hate the clutter of all those discs :)
    I actually like that sort of clutter for two reasons.
    Reason one is that I like looking at all those Sims game cases.
    And reason two is that they make great reference sometimes, when ever a debate over what contents or a game interaction for which previous Pack may come up. ;)

• Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    All companies these days are going digital only.

I much prefer using a non-credit card alternative, such as a Steam/Origin card, when purchasing games digitally... Mainly I am too lazy to use a credit card. :p
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SnappiTheSimmerxxSnappiTheSimmerxx Posts: 180 Member
    Sorry guys, i edited it, the title was meant to be "on a physical copy" my bad.
    Even if I die, I'll still feel alive knowing that there are people that loved me. -Ryan Yamada
    2lDWFwI.gif
    Gruffman wrote: »
    Go to your local Wal-mart, Target, Gamestop and get an EA Cash card.
    Well, the problem is that i don't have wal-marts, targets or gamestops in my country and i'm really concerned about that :(

2lDWFwI.gif
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Gruffman wrote: »
    I don't use a credit card to buy the stuff/game packs. Go to your local Wal-mart, Target, Gamestop and get an EA Cash card. You can use that online to buy whatever you want. That way you don't have to use your credit card online.

what is they are not in the us? cause in canada(my country) and other places i am aware of don't get them.
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @SnappiTheSimmerxx if you can find prepaid card like these they would work. im from Canada and they work

P_Walmart_GiftCards_Cards1_20141218.png
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
    Hm. i think i should get a card from amazon, i think?
    I dunno. :tongue:
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited May 2016
    You can buy physical copies though (it's just a case and a download code inside. I have 2 of them ATM. They called bundle packs
    Contains 1 game pack & 2 stuff packs. They should be avalable at most gaming store outlets.

SIMS4BP3pcmac2DPFTen.jpg

bundlepack1.jpg

Haiden wrote: »
    You can buy physical copies though (it's just a case and a download code inside. I have 2 of them ATM. They called bundle packs
    Contains 1 game pack & 2 stuff packs. They should be avalable at most gaming store outlets.

SIMS4BP3pcmac2DPFTen.jpg

I know! I have bundle pack nr #1 which has: The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff and The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff.
    But theres no bundle out yet for The Sims 4 Romantic Garden stuff, which concerns me alot :disappointed:
    2lDWFwI.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @SnappiTheSimmerxx I hate being rude...but I wan't to know are you from Canada?

Since I know people outside of the U.S. have harder times then people in the US (glares at the people being rude to the OP) to get so called "EA cash cards". I'm one of those people who can't buy stuff online (due to the fact Canadian bank cards DO NOT WORK on Origin) and would like a pyschially copy in stores so I could pay for the stuff myself instead of having to have someone (ie my sister in my case) use her paypal account to buy for me. Which means I couldn't get Patio Pack :( and I really wanted it but had to go with KS and LPs and Spa Day GP instead.
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @SnappiTheSimmerxx I hate being rude...but I wan't to know are you from Canada?

No, i'm not from canada, i come from a country in europe, Romania. :tongue: haha.

2lDWFwI.gif
  • HaidenHaiden Posts: 3,841 Member
    Haiden wrote: »

SIMS4BP3pcmac2DPFTen.jpg

I know! I have bundle pack nr #1 which has: The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff and The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff.
    But theres no bundle out yet for The Sims 4 Romantic Garden stuff, which concerns me alot :disappointed:

They will more than likely bundle it with the restaurant game pack in the future, so you may have to wait. It's better lol, I picked up both those bundle packs on sale in the game store, saved almost 50% vs the origin sales......anyway origin only seems to put the base game and exp packs and game packs on sale, I have not seen them put a stuff pack on mark down yet.

So wait and pay less :)

• puddleduck1puddleduck1 Posts: 179 Member
    I created a separate account with the bank just for the internet buying and only put in there the amount of money that is required so you can't lose anything.
  • Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    See that why I don't use a credit card for nothing I get the EA/origin gift cards from GameStop or get Amazon cards but even Amazon asking for a credit card on some of the sims packs so got to be careful which ones you pick
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
    Simmer_Ray wrote: »
    but even Amazon asking for a credit card on some of the sims packs so got to be careful which ones you pick

Haha well if i order from websites i choose to pay when they deliver me the thing, like they deliver me the things through fan courier or something like that, and when they arrive at my door, my parents pay them.( the money that i save up :smiley: )
    2lDWFwI.gif