Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This is becoming ridiculous.

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The sims 4 slogan in a nutshell: "Let's just get this over with". But seriously do they even show themselves playing the game as a preview anymore ? where is the hype ?!?
    It got culled.

LOL Thanks @Scobre I just about spat out my coffee! :s
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • thegummybear13thegummybear13 Posts: 310 Member
    The sims 4 slogan in a nutshell: "Let's just get this over with". But seriously do they even show themselves playing the game as a preview anymore ? where is the hype ?!?
    It got culled.

I see :/ i feel like the sims is being messed up on purpose.I really enjoyed the previews especially with Hunter Howe playing the sims 2 lol
    tumblr_o2lz9mNWaj1sbr6who1_400.gif

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited May 2016
    To7m wrote: »

So a baby morphing into a child is not cheating? Because that's exactly the way I feel about it. It disgusts me that it skips a stage of life without my consent. There's a gaping hole there.

With an analogy like that, I'm dumbfounded how you could be OK with a solution of removing them altogether. *Thats like, the worst, last thing I'd EVER want them to do.

--T

*added sentence.
    It feels like cheating for me too. I don't like seeing life stages skipped. I guess makes a nice cheat shortcut for legacy players. Less life stages to deal with for them I think for their challenges.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    edited May 2016
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    It got culled.

LOL Thanks @Scobre I just about spat out my coffee! :s
    Yay! You got my joke. ;) I'm glad you are still ok.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I should have used this emoti>> :joy: hahha. I'm good, nice to see you around the forums again. :+1:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    I should have used this emoti>> :joy: hahha. I'm good, nice to see you around the forums again. :+1:
    Thanks. Nice to see you around too. I'm glad no coffee was harmed in the reading of that joke. XD
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Arletta wrote: »
    I want to know what's going on. I want more information on the upcoming GP+SP. I want to know where this game is heading and I want to know about toddlers.

Your company is providing a service here, and if you want to continue to receive my money for said service then somebody needs to start talking and start wowing me. This is getting old and I want to know its even worth my time any more!

I don't not know of any other game that I play where I do not know at least* what to expect in the near future that's not 15seconds long...

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

Wait and see and wait patiently like the rest of us. And remember that many of us DON'T want toddlers.

I really don't understand that. I hate playing families generally but I still really miss toddlers. Wasn't the age up option enough? (I'm not being mean btw, I am just really curious).

*edit: forgot the word *up* (age up) :s

(I'm answering this as one of the people who doesn't want toddlers)

I love playing families. I always have. I've never made it past a third generation, in any iteration of The Sims (and believe me I've played them all). To me (personal opinion only, mind you) they became too much like you'd train a puppy or a kitten. Teach 'em where to pee, where to eat, where to sleep, how to walk, how to talk, until they have their birthday. Yes, they had their cute moments, but mostly they just became annoying.

I don't age them or any lifestage up before it's time. It's too much like cheating, which I dislike even in a game. So they're a toddler (or whatever) until their natural aging. Personal choice, but it didn't feel right, like you're getting rid of something unnatural and that wasn't so. Perfectly natural, just hated getting stuck on the toddler training treadmill. I'd rather not have them at all, if that's what they're like again.

So a baby morphing into a child is not cheating? Because that's exactly the way I feel about it. It disgusts me that it skips a stage of life without my consent. There's a gaping hole there.

With an analogy like that, I'm dumbfounded how you could be OK with a solution of removing them altogether. *Thats like, the worst, last thing I'd EVER want them to do.

--T

*added sentence.

It's not cheating. Certainly, it's not what usually happens. I'm never going to be able to explain what I mean fully, and nobody is going to accept my explanation even if I hit it perfectly.

I'm not 'ok' with it. I don't think it's right any more than anybody else does. Had somebody turned around and said "Arletta, these toddlers, people don't play them enough. We're thinking of removing them. What do you think?", I'd have gone "Heck, no, make them more interesting, more compelling, so people want to play the lifestage". They didn't. I can't make them put them back, or give you answers. If I could do either one, I likely would. All I'm saying is I don't want them back unless they're more interesting or compelling. They're already not there, so I'm not depriving anybody.

NZSimm3r summed it up nicely enough for me. I'm done.
    I can perfectly understand people not liking toddlers in the game. That's far from the same thing as "I don't want them in Sims 4" though. I don't like doing the laundry in the game, what a drag. But you'll never hear me saying I don't want washing machines in the game, as long as there is a way to avoid them. Avoiding toddlers is very easy. You don't even have to cheat, just give them a birthday cake.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited May 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I want to know what's going on. I want more information on the upcoming GP+SP. I want to know where this game is heading and I want to know about toddlers.

Your company is providing a service here, and if you want to continue to receive my money for said service then somebody needs to start talking and start wowing me. This is getting old and I want to know its even worth my time any more!

I don't not know of any other game that I play where I do not know at least* what to expect in the near future that's not 15seconds long...

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

Wait and see and wait patiently like the rest of us. And remember that many of us DON'T want toddlers.

I really don't understand that. I hate playing families generally but I still really miss toddlers. Wasn't the age up option enough? (I'm not being mean btw, I am just really curious).

I love playing families. I always have. I've never made it past a third generation, in any iteration of The Sims (and believe me I've played them all). To me (personal opinion only, mind you) they became too much like you'd train a puppy or a kitten. Teach 'em where to pee, where to eat, where to sleep, how to walk, how to talk, until they have their birthday. Yes, they had their cute moments, but mostly they just became annoying.

I don't age them or any lifestage up before it's time. It's too much like cheating, which I dislike even in a game. So they're a toddler (or whatever) until their natural aging. Personal choice, but it didn't feel right, like you're getting rid of something unnatural and that wasn't so. Perfectly natural, just hated getting stuck on the toddler training treadmill. I'd rather not have them at all, if that's what they're like again.

--T

*added sentence.

It's not cheating. Certainly, it's not what usually happens. I'm never going to be able to explain what I mean fully, and nobody is going to accept my explanation even if I hit it perfectly.

I'm not 'ok' with it. I don't think it's right any more than anybody else does. Had somebody turned around and said "Arletta, these toddlers, people don't play them enough. We're thinking of removing them. What do you think?", I'd have gone "Heck, no, make them more interesting, more compelling, so people want to play the lifestage". They didn't. I can't make them put them back, or give you answers. If I could do either one, I likely would. All I'm saying is I don't want them back unless they're more interesting or compelling. They're already not there, so I'm not depriving anybody.

NZSimm3r summed it up nicely enough for me. I'm done.
    I can perfectly understand people not liking toddlers in the game. That's far from the same thing as "I don't want them in Sims 4" though. I don't like doing the laundry in the game, what a drag. But you'll never hear me saying I don't want washing machines in the game, as long as there is a way to avoid them. Avoiding toddlers is very easy. You don't even have to cheat, just give them a birthday cake.

I also don't understand the mentality of "I don't care for toddlers or want them back". It would have been great for the transition from the sims 1 to the sims 2 lol i mean let's be serious.

This is exactly what I have been trying to say in all my ramblings! It is such a different thing to say "I don't want them in the game" compared to "I don't like them so I'll just play around them, finding other game play elements to focus on instead."

It's the whole 'don't want them' approach that makes me very uncomfortable and is the main reason that aliens got nerfed. I'm going to stop here as my blood just began to boil. :#
    Yeah I feel the same way. The "I don't want them" for any features makes me uncomfortable too. I think the Sims 4 deserves as many gameplay aspects as possible. There is more than enough CAS parts and furniture I feel like and gnomes. Live and build mode could use some attention too. It does upset me when people say x feature should never come to the Sims 4. :( It is like well things do need to be made for the Sims 4. If they stop now with developing, it would be sad. So bring on the ideas.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited May 2016

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

--T

*added sentence.
    No offense but they don't have to consent you with what they do in their game and maybe toddlers will be back and maybe not but I am not to fond of toddlers either. From past experiences with them in my game, I felt they were spawned from satan the way they behaved. But I agree that a baby spawning into a child looks weird but to me that isn't enough of a reason for me to want them back.

I'm not asking them what they do in their game and please, if the poster feels this way allow them to tell me themselves. Thanks!

I merely commented on the fact that she liken it to cheating. Well if that's the case, surely a completely MASSING life stage is worst?

--T
    Did you have my toddlers highly unlikely. Its not an exaggeration it was a fact that is how they were. You didn't play my game so you aren't one to judge my choice of words. I said I didn't want toddlers back but if they do come back I won't have a problem with that. But do I miss them no I play how I like to play. So next time don't tell me that my experiences are exaggeration because I choose to say they spawned from satan. Most of the time I liked the toddlers they were cute. But I had nightmare toddlers that can only be explained they were spawns of satan.
    Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited May 2016

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

--T

*added sentence.
    No offense but they don't have to consent you with what they do in their game and maybe toddlers will be back and maybe not but I am not to fond of toddlers either. From past experiences with them in my game, I felt they were spawned from satan the way they behaved. But I agree that a baby spawning into a child looks weird but to me that isn't enough of a reason for me to want them back.

I'm not asking them what they do in their game and please, if the poster feels this way allow them to tell me themselves. Thanks!

I merely commented on the fact that she liken it to cheating. Well if that's the case, surely a completely MASSING life stage is worst?

--T
    Did you have my toddlers highly unlikely. Its not an exaggeration it was a fact that is how they were. You didn't play my game so you aren't one to judge my choice of words. I said I didn't want toddlers back but if they do come back I won't have a problem with that. But do I miss them no I play how I like to play. So next time don't tell me that my experiences are exaggeration because I choose to say they spawned from satan. Most of the time I liked the toddlers they were cute. But I had nightmare toddlers that can only be explained they were spawns of satan.

Well said :smile:

Yes, toddlers are cute, but so are puppies and kittens and I don't ever find them as much as a burden to my family play as I found toddlers to be.

I mean TS2 toddlers where obnoxious and I was very happy that they toned them down for TS3. I mean, I developed a shortcut for dealing with them but after all the hassle on the forums, I have decided to avoid toddlers for good and only make new Sims in CAS, no more born in game Sims B)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2016

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

--T

*added sentence.

--T
    Yes, in fact everybody did have the very same toddlers ;) I can understand someone saying that to me in real life when I said toddlers are cute and easy to handle and they'd go "yeah, well, you don't know mine!" But in a game they are all very much alike.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Thanks.

--T

*Typo

--T

*added sentence.

--T

ETA: Also, let's grow up a little and refrain from 'spawns of Satan' comments. I think that's a slight exaggeration and regardless of how any of us FEEL about them (because I'm really not asking whether one likes them or not), they SHOULD be in the game.
    Why do I need to refrain from spawns of satan comment because that was my experiences? Did you have my toddlers highly unlikely. Its not an exaggeration it was a fact that is how they were. You didn't play my game so you aren't one to judge my choice of words. I said I didn't want toddlers back but if they do come back I won't have a problem with that. But do I miss them no I play how I like to play. So next time don't tell me that my experiences are exaggeration because I choose to say they spawned from satan. Most of the time I liked the toddlers they were cute. But I had nightmare toddlers that can only be explained they were spawns of satan.
    Yes, in fact everybody did have the very same toddlers ;) I can understand someone saying that to me in real life when I said toddlers are cute and easy to handle and they'd go "yeah, well, you don't know mine!" But in a game they are all very much alike.
    Well said and yes we do all have the same toddlers but those were my game experiences if that makes any sense. LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    @To7m did you have in your game (sims3 a werewolf toddler constently damagging the furniture like @pepperjax1230 had in her sims3 game that was a nightmare had to rely on the playpen alot from the #sims3store
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    You said, and I quote:
    Arletta wrote:
    It's their game. They can do what they want. If they want to tell us everything to come for months in advance or nothing until the pack drop, that's entirely up to them. We don't get the right to tell them what to do.

You're dismissing him, and he's exercising his right as a customer, again, who pays quite the fee for The Sims and its expansion packs, to give feedback on the rate at which content is released.

Never have I said for you to "go away", I said, again I quote:
    Sk8rblaze wrote:
    This user has just as much right as you to give their feedback on content, just as you did..

I wasn't dismissing him, or certainly that wasn't my intention. It was more or less a direct response to 'What right do they have to do this?' I'm not going to hunt out the quote It means a bunch of copy/pasting, which at this stage of the evening, I have neither the energy nor inclination to do. In no way did I mean that he (or anyone) couldn't or shouldn't leave feedback. I apologise for any offence I caused with any such inference, intended or otherwise.

Ah, ok, sorry for misreading your post.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    @To7m did you have in your game (sims3 a werewolf toddler constently damagging the furniture like @pepperjax1230 had in her sims3 game that was a nightmare had to rely on the playpen alot from the #sims3store

Good grief that sounds so fun, I'm going to have to try that next time I play!

• KethKeth Posts: 165 Member
    If I find that a certain age category seems to drag on too long (or too short) then I just modify the length of that age category.

Going back to the OP's initial complaint, my problem is that when Sims 4 came out EA issued what was basically a threat that if the game didn't do sterling sales then there would be no Sims 5. Apart from disliking the not-so-subtle threat, what have they done to make consumers want to buy Sims 4? They've already released 6 "Stuff" packs; only 8 "Stuff" packs were released over the entire Sims 3 life cycle. Yet the expansion packs have been lame. 'Get Together' is certain way superior than the 'Form Group' option from Sims 3 but isn't enough content to merit an entire expansion pack and 'Get to Work' is just a less interesting 'Ambitions'. Sims 3 had 11 expansion packs and 'World Adventures' had more new content than we've seen combined for Sims 4.

For threatening to cancel the entire line based on how we buy they seem to be making little effort to continue making us buy.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Keth wrote: »
    If I find that a certain age category seems to drag on too long (or too short) then I just modify the length of that age category.

Going back to the OP's initial complaint, my problem is that when Sims 4 came out EA issued what was basically a threat that if the game didn't do sterling sales then there would be no Sims 5. Apart from disliking the not-so-subtle threat, what have they done to make consumers want to buy Sims 4? They've already released 6 "Stuff" packs; only 8 "Stuff" packs were released over the entire Sims 3 life cycle. Yet the expansion packs have been lame. 'Get Together' is certain way superior than the 'Form Group' option from Sims 3 but isn't enough content to merit an entire expansion pack and 'Get to Work' is just a less interesting 'Ambitions'. Sims 3 had 11 expansion packs and 'World Adventures' had more new content than we've seen combined for Sims 4.

For threatening to cancel the entire line based on how we buy they seem to be making little effort to continue making us buy.

I've gotten to the point where I don't even want anything from this iteration anymore. I just want it dead. Everything is so...so sloppy. I really hope they're making TS5 now and sticking the newbies on this game. Because if this is what they're best is this is beyond sad. Seriously sad. Until then I'll proudly keep nagging at things that come to mind and hopefully wake some of these folks out of their hypnosis.

To OP. We can all guess what's going to be in it. A couple chairs, tables, a podium and an oven to spawn a random NPC. As far as owning a restaurant it's not what people will expect at all. Probably deal with constant chatting still and employees getting culled/randomly replaced. I tried playing my GTW again (fully updated BTW) and that mess is still broken.

Sims 2 toddlers were the best.Toddlers in real life are nothing compared to the sims so i guess we all came from a dark side :neutral: what kind of nonsense is that.

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    @Vagenius
    I believe the reason why this content lacks longevity in gameplay is because this is still the basics they're releasing. The studio is playing catch up with his game and charging people for base game features. (Especially as the 4th iteration)

A lot of this stuff, even that group feature in GT should've been in the base game. People are bored because the content is basic stuff. Nothing new and interesting. IMO due to the fact the studio released such a naked base game they don't even have the opportunity to create something new for the game. Not only busy playing catch up, but they're too busy fixing stuff and throwing content in to catch up to what the base game should've been. People will be bored fast with restaurants too.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    @Vagenius
    I believe the reason why this content lacks longevity in gameplay is because this is still the basics they're releasing. The studio is playing catch up with his game and charging people for base game features. (Especially as the 4th iteration)

A lot of this stuff, even that group feature in GT should've been in the base game. People are bored because the content is basic stuff. Nothing new and interesting. IMO due to the fact the studio released such a naked base game they don't even have the opportunity to create something new for the game. Not only busy playing catch up, but they're too busy fixing stuff and throwing content in to catch up to what the base game should've been. People will be bored fast with restaurants too.

Ya the base game just wasn't there. They spent a lot of time on the sims it seems and less time on the environment our sims thrive in. If I could take the sims from ts4 and plop them in ts2, I think I'd be pretty content. Not necessarily the sims personalities but their looks, I kind of have a feeling they spent a good amount of time on that CAS, like a lot of time.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Sims 2 toddlers were the best.Toddlers in real life are nothing compared to the sims so i guess we all came from a dark side :neutral: what kind of nonsense is that.

The Sims 2 handled life stages the best, IMHO. This is probably due to the fact that life stages/generational gameplay was the selling point of TS2. But what I really liked was how they stuck to their word and truly expanded upon that with each and every expansion as closely as possible.

TS4's selling points are emotions and multitasking, yet, I'm just not feeling as if they are truly taking advantage of those features. So far, it feels only GT is, while the others are just fluff on top of the game.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

The Sims 2 handled life stages the best, IMHO. This is probably due to the fact that life stages/generational gameplay was the selling point of TS2. But what I really liked was how they stuck to their word and truly expanded upon that with each and every expansion as closely as possible.

TS4's selling points are emotions and multitasking, yet, I'm just not feeling as if they are truly taking advantage of those features. So far, it feels only GT is, while the others are just fluff on top of the game.

100 % agreed. I do not like what has happened to the sims it's very sad