Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to Install Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
As the title says, I am unable to install Sims 2 UC on Windows 10. I know it has to do with that plum securom. So, I was wondering since I still have my Sims 2 deluxe CDs, could I just install those? I don't think these have that securom. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks,
Meela :D
If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    The sims 1 base game has an eraser tool (you could probably find a download for it) that removes any securom "things" (registry keys from pervious installations) - this eraser tool works for removing remnants of sims 1 and 2, so if you've previously had sims 2 installed on that computer, using the tool might help in installing the UC. I'm assuming the UC is a download through Origin? I've been told this will work if you're trying to reinstall from discs, but I've no idea about the download version. Either way, it can't hurt to try. :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    If that doesn't help, google "EA tech support live chat" and an advisor might be able to help you.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have the UC installed on windows 10. It works. I don't know about the discs, though. If you get it installed, I will give you a link with instructions on removing securom.
    @Mstybl95 Would you provide the link on how to remove securom? That would be helpful and thanks :D
    http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸

You have to follow the directions completely. If you don't do the last step, it will just reinstall securom again.
    Thanks!! :D
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    The sims 1 base game has an eraser tool (you could probably find a download for it) that removes any securom "things" (registry keys from pervious installations) - this eraser tool works for removing remnants of sims 1 and 2, so if you've previously had sims 2 installed on that computer, using the tool might help in installing the UC. I'm assuming the UC is a download through Origin? I've been told this will work if you're trying to reinstall from discs, but I've no idea about the download version. Either way, it can't hurt to try. :)

Ahh, I didn't know this existed. I went to install TS2 UC today on a new PC, and I had to go through EA support to reset my copy, uninstalling it in the process.

Thanks @Mstybl95 for the link.
  • IzanaminokamiIzanaminokami Posts: 14 New Member
    I've tried to live chat to get help with getting the download,I've had no luck though.All I'm met with is an error box,I hope you get the help you need.
  • JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸

You have to follow the directions completely. If you don't do the last step, it will just reinstall securom again.

Thanks I never new this existed. I was reading the instructions, is it necessary to uninstall first? I know they recommended it, but I do not have Origin on my computer anymore, uninstalled that garbage. I really don't want to reinstall, or worse have to deal with EA if my game wont reinstall for some reason. Did you use it before or after installation?
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    The Sims 2 UC still includes SecuROM and it still has the 5 PC activation limit. I believe the SecuROM and the activation limit was left over when the The Sims 2 used to be sold on Origin until July 2013. If you can't play because of the activation problem, you will have to contact EA Support to get a new key.

This thread here proves you can deauthorize the game

Type Sims2EP9.exe -ead_gl_remove death_uninstall_reminder in the Run Prompt (Windows Key + R) to deactivate it.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    I didn't uninstall. Nothing changed about the game for me except that going into walls and floors was quick.

For some reason, securom makes the walls and floors section really laggy. That's one way to check if securom is installed. LoL
    I didn't uninstall. Nothing changed about the game for me except that going into walls and floors was quick.

For some reason, securom makes the walls and floors section really laggy. That's one way to check if securom is installed. LoL

Cool thank you. I can't help but to laugh at the idea of any part of your buy or build that does not lag with all that CC :D
    JULES1111 wrote: »

Cool thank you. I can't help but to laugh at the idea of any part of your buy or build that does not lag with all that CC :D

Bwahaha! Actually, the game is pretty smooth. The only time I get lag is when items are loading for the first time (creating thumbnails). Once that is done, its quick. However, it did start to slow if there were too many sims on a lot, which my schools usually have. So that's why I wanted to clean out the downloads folder.

And you'll be proud to know that I cleared it out. I saved all of my lots, removed my objects folder, installed the lots and made a new objects folder and whittled it down to about 8k files. That's pretty good for me...amiright?

Bwahaha! Actually, the game is pretty smooth. The only time I get lag is when items are loading for the first time (creating thumbnails). Once that is done, its quick. However, it did start to slow if there were too many sims on a lot, which my schools usually have. So that's why I wanted to clean out the downloads folder.

And you'll be proud to know that I cleared it out. I saved all of my lots, removed my objects folder, installed the lots and made a new objects folder and whittled it down to about 8k files. That's pretty good for me...amiright?

Wow! That is some drastic cutting you did there! That had to hurt..lol. Yes compared to what it was, that is pretty darn good indeed.

You were right, while mine wasn't laggy, my build and buy menus are loading lightning fast now. That's with creating thumbnails (I delete the packages after each play) I passed the info to a friend to use also, and she then informs me of a patch she is using to allow the game to use 4 GB of memory instead of just the 2 it has. I was like "why am I just hearing about this now?" :| Definitely not necessary, but I will take it!

If interested you can find the patch here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Just use it on the .exe file and your done.
    I can't even get the origin launcher to work,I don't think I can even get the download without it :/
    @Izanaminokami Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Origin? See if the launcher will work again?

Wow! That is some drastic cutting you did there! That had to hurt..lol. Yes compared to what it was, that is pretty darn good indeed.

You were right, while mine wasn't laggy, my build and buy menus are loading lightning fast now. That's with creating thumbnails (I delete the packages after each play) I passed the info to a friend to use also, and she then informs me of a patch she is using to allow the game to use 4 GB of memory instead of just the 2 it has. I was like "why am I just hearing about this now?" :| Definitely not necessary, but I will take it!

If interested you can find the patch here: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Just use it on the .exe file and your done.

I found that one a few months ago, too. I was hoping that one would help speed up the wall section. But nope. It was securom.
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > @Izanaminokami Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Origin? See if the launcher will work again?

I've done that 4 times and unfortunately and it hasn't helped.It either stalls,says that it cannot connect to server or I can't even sign in.I even got the app thing yesterday and none of the codes work.I have so much going against me and it's made me feel terrible,I mean I can't even get a stupid game launcher to work.
    I gave up trying to install Sims 2 UC. The instructions given also said that a "no cd key" was needed and I can't find it anywhere. There are sites that talk about it but none that aren't suspicious have it. EA really needs to fix that (which I know they won't). Also this is one of the reasons I am not buying another game from them. Depending on how Sims 4 shapes up, I may continue with it.
    I think that I will just end up deleting my origin/EA account if this keeps up.There's no point in having it if I can't even make things work.
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @Meela_Pasht
    I don't have Sims2 Ultimate Collection nor Windows 10.
    When you were given the digital download, the advisor would have given you the no cd key to use to activate the game.
    If you have lost it contact EA again and advise them and hopefully they will help.

In your first post you mention you have the Sims2 Deluxe that you might install, apart from the Sims2 base game what expansion (s) came with the one you have?
    If one of the expansions is Bon Voyage or any later expansion - Freetime or Apartment Life - I believe SecuRom is on them too.
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    @Meela_Pasht I don't know if you read my comment but The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection still includes the 5 PC activation limit. If you get a License Limit Reached when trying to run The Sims 2, you'll have to contact an Advisor to get a new product code. I still don't get why they left the SecuROM in the game, it likely was left over when TS2 used to be on sale in the EA Store/Origin.

I also have Windows 10 but I can still play The Sims 2 despite including SecuROM although Windows 10 doesn't support SafeDisc or SecuROM games. The Sims is the only game I can't get to work on Windows 10 unless a modified Sims.exe file is used.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer
    > @JULES1111 said:
    > @Izanaminokami Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Origin? See if the launcher will work again?

I've done that 4 times and unfortunately and it hasn't helped.It either stalls,says that it cannot connect to server or I can't even sign in.I even got the app thing yesterday and none of the codes work.I have so much going against me and it's made me feel terrible,I mean I can't even get a stupid game launcher to work.

Is it the game launcher or the origin program? I might have miss understood you. Are you trying to install disks of Sims 2?
    For some reason I cannot get the 'Quote' system to work so here goes.

@LadysimPlayer8 : I initially have the Sims 2 Deluxe and got the Sims 2 UC when it was offered. I just got a new computer with Windows 10 and wanted to play it on the new computer. It still works on the old one.

@WinMacSims3 : According to the leefish site, you will need to download a 'No-CD.exe' and run the game normally. If you do not, Securom will automatically reinstall itself. He did not provide a link to this 'No-CD.exe' and if you google it, there isn't a safe site where you can download this file and it's not really mentioned so I have no idea what he is referring to.

The way I feel, if a game is too much trouble to install, it's not worth the trouble and right now, that's how I feel about Sims 2 UC. Thanks all of you for your help. :D