Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know how to mute the lot start up music?

I am getting so frustrated that there is no option to turn off that obnoxious music which plays whenever you load up a lot when you come out of a loading screen.

I thought turning down the sound effects option in the audio options would mute this but apparently not.

Does anyone know if I'm doing it right? Is there a mod which would be able to remove this irritating music?

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I haven't noticed if there is a mute music completely button or not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Ben1010 wrote: »
    I am getting so frustrated that there is no option to turn off that obnoxious music which plays whenever you load up a lot when you come out of a loading screen.

I thought turning down the sound effects option in the audio options would mute this but apparently not.

Does anyone know if I'm doing it right? Is there a mod which would be able to remove this irritating music?

Try this one:

26705635662_c5aa850aa4_b.jpg
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2016
    You simply turn music off in the settings. It's under the Music options - it doesn't change anything else expect the load music. That's what I did, because I like it better to load under silence.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hate is as well.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited May 2016
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I hate is as well.
    EDIT: I remembered wrong it's the slider in AUDIO that luthienrising mentioned. I was sure it was a box, but I must have confused it with something else. Sorry! Just slide it all the way down to 0.
    I was corret though that It doesn't affect the radio stations or anything else, just the music playing while loading.
    Post edited by Aine on
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited May 2016
    Ben1010 wrote: »

Try this one:

26705635662_c5aa850aa4_b.jpg

No, that only adjusts the background music, not the short melody that plays while loading.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    belpita wrote: »
    No, that only adjusts the background music, not the short melody that plays while loading.

This is right. I wish there was a way to stop it from blasting.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    I'm sorry I don't know how to remove that one sound.
    But the one thing I did sometimes do, IF I only wanted to hear my own music while game was on, was
    "open volume mixer", drag sound bar completely down for Sims game.

Downside is that you can't hear anything else from game.
    Or, you can minimize game while it loads?
    That turns off any Sims game sounds - if you have the correct options checked off...

I recently put my own music into the game, and was relieved it finally worked.

(I have a mix of mp3 and m4a files. I buy from multiple places because sometimes another place has what another doesn't)
    But, I think I forgot how to make it play ONLY my songs - (I had to skip to next song when it plays sims game music when I didn't want it to.)
    I'm going to have to go back and check options again... (thanks to this thread, reminding me! I kept forgetting... ;) )