Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix group drinks

It's been a problem for a while now - you go into a bar/nightclub/whatever and use the "order drinks for group" interaction and invariably you get charged for 4 drinks, then the Mixologist makes just one and goes back to polishing the bar. This feature has been working then not working since day one, it's about time it was sorted out. Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    I've noticed this too when I take Sims out in groups and order drinks for the group. In my experience I get one or two drinks then the bartender stops serving them. Also doesn't help when other Sims just grab the drinks that were made.
  • Options
    fabemefabeme Posts: 830 Member
    Same problem here. I just don't order group drinkso anymore. Also, when my Sim order a drink for him only, he's not waiting for it so there is always another sim who takes is drink.
    Sims 3 and Origin Username: fabeme
  • Options
    KimsSimsKimsSims Posts: 95 Member
    I found a way to sort of work around ordering drinks at the bar. I place Luxe Drink Trays around the venue, and the bar opens up for my Sims to order drinks. Or my Sims can drink from the tray. It costs to stock the tray, but not as much as it does to order drinks and then not get them/have a townie hijack them. Still having no luck getting bartender to fill drink orders for a group. I might get 2 out of 4 drinks ordered, and it takes FOREVER to get them. May as well not even have a bartender on duty. EA....please please fix. Thank you :smile:
    90ppvq.jpg

• Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    One problem is that the NPC Bartenders almost never have a good Mixology skill, it's often just 1 or 2. This means lots of "hilarious" breakages and lengthens the time taken to actually get a drink.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Tags @SimGuruNick @SimGuruArvin @SimQARobo before falling asleep.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    We'll look into this, thank you for the reports!
  • Options
    KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    @SimGuruNick Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    On the topic of group drinks, are they designed to exclude the sim who ordered it?
    The scenario for me is either no drinks, or everyone in the group get one except my sim.
    Make sim order a single one, wait for ages and then drink alone :'(
    (unless sim gets distracted, don't get one or drink gets stolen)
    while the group moves on...

I don't mind the drink stealing from time to time, I often make my sim do it, kind of realistic
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    Why can't they make all the drinks at once and put them on a tray like in the Sims 3!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    wooo a guru...awesome :)
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    Every time I take a sim out to a bar or club and they go to the bar and order a drink some other sim takes it. I have to order a drink 3 or 4 times before my sim actually gets a drink but I'm charged for all of them, that is annoying. I wish that could be fixed.