Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Metallic sheen. I'm guessing it's a specular thing?

ilovescampersilovescampers Posts: 99 Member
JomSims does a lot of custom content that has a metallic sheen to it, like this for example:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-kitchen/title/modern-ascension-kitchen/id/1337039/

I'm wondering how this is accomplished, and I'm thinking that it's a specular thing. Is that right? (I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to look at JomSim's speculars to see how they are done.)

Thank you!

Edit: I just realized that I probably posted this in the wrong place. Mods, feel free to move this and sorry about the mixup.
Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.

Comments

• zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    To get a high shine make that part of your spec a dark grey, test using different shades until you find the effect your looking for.
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.
  • ilovescampersilovescampers Posts: 99 Member
    Thank you! I figured out that you can make a gradient image and there's a feature that creates a metallic effect.
    Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.
  • zap608zap608 Posts: 82 Member
    your very welcome :-)
    Find me; Freeasabird, The Shed @ Sims 4 Studio. Custom content for The Sims 4.