Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

End autonomous "Clean up"

This is annoying when your sim(s) are eating or drinking whilst watching TV. As soon as they finish - bam!, off goes the TV and it's straight out to the kitchen. Particularly annoying when you've got the whole family armed with popcorn and ice-cream watching a movie together. I seem to remember in the past they'd just put the empty vessel on the nearest surface or even floor and carry on watching. Whatever that's what needs to happen, and the same goes for regular meals and drinks. Unless you've got the neat trait sims should need to be told to clean up - it would also help with the dishwasher not being used only for the plate of the first person finished.
I would also like to see this extended to include bed-making - leave something for the maid to do!

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, only neat Sims should want to do dishes as soon as they eat. Other Sims should leave them for awhile. And sloppy Sims should be miserable if I make them clean up. They should never do dishes.

ETA: Yeah, the maid is paid for not showing up and for not cleaning. Before she gets there my Sims have washed the dishes and probably mopped. They don't have trash over running the can anymore, either. And I know players were sick of making the beds but that is why I put a neat Sim in my households as a housekeeper (I like playing that story) but she/he never has to make beds anymore. You have taken away my filth factor.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    sorry op but i do not see anything wrong and its not annoying its good for sims to clean up after themseleve even if they do not have the neat trait
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(