January 21: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
January 22 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

I hope they announce something this week!

I think it's time for some content.... please release the game developers! :) LET ME SPEND MY MONEY!!!!!
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

  • OuterseOuterse Posts: 289 Member
    We just got that teaser trailer so I'd expect we won't get an official announcement for another week or two. But that's just my guess.

    I'm dying for some new content though, it's been almost 4 months since Get Together. That being said, I don't miss the new stuff pack a month or whatever it was that we had last year.
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,350 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

    Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

    Agreed! Still, the restaurant GP is bound to be released in May so an announcement could be made any time now. It's usually two weeks between the announcement and the release (confirmed by the Gurus on Twitter) so if the announcement came this week the GP would be released the second week of May.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I just started up my game for the first time in four months. I just feel like my stories can't really progress anymore then they have. :(
    Aussie_Simmer
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    I want some new content as well.. but for now I'm keeping myself busy by getting myself more involved with the community and experimenting with my photography. :)

    Hopefully what we're waiting for will be well worth it.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

    Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

    We'll let the new GP be the judge of that.

    All I know is they've taken their time with GT, and I am still not impressed.

    You may not be, but more people were impressed with GT than anything between Late Night and Get To Work.
    Public reviews around the net showcase this.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited April 2016
    @QDog wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

    Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

    Agreed! Still, the restaurant GP is bound to be released in May so an announcement could be made any time now. It's usually two weeks between the announcement and the release (confirmed by the Gurus on Twitter) so if the announcement came this week the GP would be released the second week of May.

    I'm not saying that everything they do from now on will be incredible just because they take their time, but at least they aren't throwing it out by a set date, finished or not.

    While recent packs may not appeal to anyone, they were all finished and complete.

    EDIT: Wrong quote, sorry
  • PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,350 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @QDog wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

    Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

    Agreed! Still, the restaurant GP is bound to be released in May so an announcement could be made any time now. It's usually two weeks between the announcement and the release (confirmed by the Gurus on Twitter) so if the announcement came this week the GP would be released the second week of May.

    I'm not saying that everything they do from now on will be incredible just because they take their time, but at least they aren't throwing it out by a set date, finished or not.

    While recent packs may not appeal to anyone, they were all finished and complete.

    EDIT: Wrong quote, sorry

    Lol I was surprised until I read your Edit! In fact I 100% agree with you! I'm glad they're taking their time. The base game was rushed and you can see the result. It's clear they have put a lot more time/effort on the expansions (GPs in particular are top quality in my opinion) and I'm very glad they have!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,436 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

    Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

    We'll let the new GP be the judge of that.

    All I know is they've taken their time with GT, and I am still not impressed.

    You may not be, but more people were impressed with GT than anything between Late Night and Get To Work.
    Public reviews around the net showcase this.

    Funny, I've actually seen the opposite -- I've seen many people claim they feel Late Night was bulkier in content, and GT only useful for clubs. Hardly what I'd call impressed, compared to reactions of the TS3 forum when LN was released.

    Public reviews? SimsVIP's review means squat -- same goes for any other Sim fan site IMHO. Reviews on gaming sites seem scarce; IGN didn't even review it themselves, which says a lot.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 88,245 Member
    Right now I just want an announcement. I don't know how much longer I can wait for details.

  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Right now I just want an announcement. I don't know how much longer I can wait for details.
    Agreed. Teaser was fine and all but that was nearly a week ago and gave us little info. I need to know about features.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 571 Member
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.
    From what I've gathered, it's not that Maxis is working meticulously on the next update for the superior quality, it's that they have been recently hobbled by a massive cut in budget and staff.

    Therefore, the updates that they're providing are taking longer because of the fewer resources and they cannot release them as quickly as before.
    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 527 Member
    Not something.
    Just drop the announcement of the restaurant-themed GP please!!
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,185 Member
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.
    From what I've gathered, it's not that Maxis is working meticulously on the next update for the superior quality, it's that they have been recently hobbled by a massive cut in budget and staff.

    Therefore, the updates that they're providing are taking longer because of the fewer resources and they cannot release them as quickly as before.

    Do you have any source ?
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.

    Late 2010 - Early 2015 era of throwing out uninspired content for a quick buck needs to die.

    We'll let the new GP be the judge of that.

    All I know is they've taken their time with GT, and I am still not impressed.

    You may not be, but more people were impressed with GT than anything between Late Night and Get To Work.
    Public reviews around the net showcase this.

    Funny, I've actually seen the opposite -- I've seen many people claim they feel Late Night was bulkier in content, and GT only useful for clubs. Hardly what I'd call impressed, compared to reactions of the TS3 forum when LN was released.

    Public reviews? SimsVIP's review means squat -- same goes for any other Sim fan site IMHO. Reviews on gaming sites seem scarce; IGN didn't even review it themselves, which says a lot.

    I'm sure someone like you has :joy:

    Late Night and Get Together are completely different for starters, so your opinion that you're not impressed is already based on the fact you don't know much about it.

    Half of Late Night was in the base game as it is, and GT added nothing that was in Late Night, that wasn't already in the base game already :joy:

    I mean public as in the general public. Get Together had the highest public rating on Metacritic (82), Amazon and other major sites where people can publicly review, since The Sims 2 days. I believe when that was made known here a few people added some negative reviews, but GT still stands above everything except WA.

    And IGN rarely review Sims DLC. and EA stopped sending Sims content to critics back in like 2012 or something. The late Sims 3 EP's barely have any reviews at all because EA didn't send copies, and GT got 16 while IP and INF got 9.

    So yeah, if you're only looking for negative reviews that's all you'll find, and if you're looking for Late Night in Get Together than that's a joke in itself :joy:
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 571 Member
    edited April 2016
    Sure. Some big producers have left the company recently. I'll post the links but surely many veterans here know the details...

    Here's a recent tweet from a main developer of SimCity, who is attracting Maxis employees to his new company, celebrating his one-year firing with a beer.



    Here's an announcement of another Sims engineer who joined a new company:


    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    Wait... Really? We did just get a teaser recently and an update with a classic npc returning. I don't think waiting on May is too big of an issue.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 88,245 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    Wait... Really? We did just get a teaser recently and an update with a classic npc returning. I don't think waiting on May is too big of an issue.

    We're talking about an announcement on the details of how the restaurants will work not the release date of the pack. We just want details.

  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 88,245 Member
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I'm actually happy that they aren't throwing out products for the sake of making money and are taking their time.
    From what I've gathered, it's not that Maxis is working meticulously on the next update for the superior quality, it's that they have been recently hobbled by a massive cut in budget and staff.

    Therefore, the updates that they're providing are taking longer because of the fewer resources and they cannot release them as quickly as before.

    I ve been saying they need to hire more developers to get the packs out quicker.

  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,185 Member
    edited April 2016
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    Sure. Some big producers have left the company recently. I'll post the links but surely many veterans here know the details...

    Here's a recent tweet from a main developer of SimCity, who is attracting Maxis employees to his new company, celebrating his one-year firing with a beer.

    That's it ? Some people leaving and a different studio closing ?

    You realized the two people you mentionned with twitter have never worked on TS4, right ?

    I hope you aren't thinking about SimGuruGrant when you say "big producers" because he is still working on TS4 in fact.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    Sure. Some big producers have left the company recently. I'll post the links but surely many veterans here know the details...

    Here's a recent tweet from a main developer of SimCity, who is attracting Maxis employees to his new company, celebrating his one-year firing with a beer.



    Here's an announcement of another Sims engineer who joined a new company:


    The team who worked on The Sims was unaffected by the lay offs. The whole Sims 4 team got a restructure late last year, and even moved to a larger floor.

    I can't say that's bad.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    Wait... Really? We did just get a teaser recently and an update with a classic npc returning. I don't think waiting on May is too big of an issue.

    We're talking about an announcement on the details of how the restaurants will work not the release date of the pack. We just want details.

    Not by the OP:
    I think it's time for some content.... please release the game developers! :) LET ME SPEND MY MONEY!!!!!

    David is wanting new content as per the timeframe of a release following an announcement, understandably so. Details for the teased content can wait until a dedicated news update is released.
  • I8PIKACHUI8PIKACHU Posts: 571 Member
    edited April 2016
    I ve been saying they need to hire more developers to get the packs out quicker.

    There is an increasing flight of talent from Maxis and EA is not willing to continue investment in it unless they see a return on investment. Clearly, EA hopes Maxis can make The Sims work despite losing talent. But with limited resources and budget, Maxis has to work within those limitations. Clearly, the decision of Maxis to limit communication and updates is a signal that they're working with the resources they have. They coud communicate that they're shutting down, but we're not getting that message yet. The only way to assure improvements to the game is for more players to buy the game and additions.

    I think The Sims 4 is going to be one of the last PC games as everything has moved to mobile devices for this genre. I'm interested to know how The Sims Freeplay on mobile devices is doing -- we'll never know but I suspect it makes more than TS4.

    soul-glo.gif
    Let your soul shine through.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,185 Member
    I8PIKACHU wrote: »
    I ve been saying they need to hire more developers to get the packs out quicker.

    There is an increasing flight of talent from Maxis and EA is not willing to continue investment in it unless they see a return on investment. Clearly, EA hopes Maxis can make The Sims work despite losing talent. But with limited resources and budget, Maxis has to work within those limitations. Clearly, the decision of Maxis to limit communication and updates is a signal that they're working with the resources they have. They coud communicate that they're shutting down, but we're not getting that message yet. The only way to assure improvements to the game is for more players to buy the game and additions.

    I think The Sims 4 is going to be one of the last PC games as everything has moved to mobile devices for this genre. I'm interested to know how The Sims Freeplay on mobile devices is doing -- we'll never know but I suspect it makes more than TS4.

    And yet they are hiring all the time.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top