Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurant GP: possible new objects and features (speculation)

Hi everyone! :)
What objects do you think could be included in the restaurant GP?
I hope there will be deep fryers, blenders, some sort of restaurant chef stove + fridge combos, sushi bars, teppanyaki grills, pizza ovens, etc.
Considering that the teaser trailer showed a waiter taking orders from the customer Sims, it is a given that the restaurants will have kitchens for the cooks/chefs ;)

Also I think that this time there should definitely be a new trait (or traits) and an aspiration. What could be the new aspiration? I think that if Sims will be able to own restaurants, there will be a "5 Star Restaurant" aspiration or something like that :) I don't know yet though. I hope that we will get more information on the pack next week!

-ULIBABA66

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I really hope we get a new aspiration, I find it weird Spa Day didn't come with any.
    Anyways we might get a couple things back like a pizza oven but I'm doubtful we'll get that many cooking options. I would like recipes like sushi back though.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I really hope we get a new aspiration, I find it weird Spa Day didn't come with any.
    Anyways we might get a couple things back like a pizza oven but I'm doubtful we'll get that many cooking options. I would like recipes like sushi back though.
    Well since they have been working on this pack for so long now, I think the pack could have a LOT of new gameplay objects, like 5-10! But we don't know yet ;)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Wine making and beer making. It would be cool if Sims could run Bed and Breakfast places with it and hire butlers to help out.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Actually now that I look it up we haven't gotten any new aspirations aside from one with OR and the grilled cheese hidden one :/

Anyways yeah I hope we get that many, though I'd be super happy if we got wine making back as well. Maybe unlikely but it'd be fun for a new skill (plus we have so many cooking skills)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Actually now that I look it up we haven't gotten any new aspirations aside from one with OR and the grilled cheese hidden one :/

Anyways yeah I hope we get that many, though I'd be super happy if we got wine making back as well. Maybe unlikely but it'd be fun for a new skill (plus we have so many cooking skills)
    We got the Leader of the Pack aspiration with Get Together before the Grilled Cheese aspiration ;)
    But I can't unlock the Grilled Cheese aspiration for my Sim anymore, even if they ate 3 GC portions :/
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Don't rule out photobooths since they were in both Sims 1 and 2 restaurants.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm hoping for the slow dance to return, proposing at tables, hostesses, chefs with their own stove, and possibly the teppanyaki grill. I also want some new recipes which it looks like it will come with from the trailer, and a new subhood with different kinds of restaurants.

Edit: I also want toasting back. Even if it's just buying a special bottle of wine in buy mode and/or ordering one at a restaurant. I miss having it at my weddings.
    I'm hoping for the freeplay table kiss.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Didn't someone ages ago find like a file or picture of a blender that was in the games files or am I making this us because I could have sworn someone posted it on here
    giphy_1.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2016

No, they were in Hot Date and Nightlife, not in "restaurants".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Didn't someone ages ago find like a file or picture of a blender that was in the games files or am I making this us because I could have sworn someone posted it on here

Simguru graham said it was a cut feature of cool kitchen
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

No, they were in Hot Date and Nightlife, not in "restaurants".

Both came with restaurants.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    The GPs come with lots of new gameplay objetcs! I think they'll have to include new food making objects, I don't know what else would fit the theme! I'm personally wanting a wood fire oven, and a deep fryer. Maybe they'll even bring back the food processor!
  • ShaniceWShaniceW Posts: 16 Member
    I'm hoping for new whims and more "Enthuse about ..." whatever interactions.
    I wis they d go ahead and announce the GP so we can start talking about what s in it.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    I'm really excited about this GP to be quite honest! It will be interesting to see how they molded this GP... technically, restaurants were a piece of the puzzle of "Night Life". So, I'm hoping they are giving us objects/options to create little fast food joints, or sub shops, etc. We shall see! Remember the ice cream kiosk in the Sims 1? Hoping for objects like that, with good building skills would be versatile for making various types of places that hopefully can be owned. I think the restaurateur hint kinda speaks for it self. We'll see!

Do we think it's going to be announced this week and released early May?
    Conclue wrote: »
    I'm really excited about this GP to be quite honest! It will be interesting to see how they molded this GP... technically, restaurants were a piece of the puzzle of "Night Life". So, I'm hoping they are giving us objects/options to create little fast food joints, or sub shops, etc. We shall see! Remember the ice cream kiosk in the Sims 1? Hoping for objects like that, with good building skills would be versatile for making various types of places that hopefully can be owned. I think the restaurateur hint kinda speaks for it self. We'll see!

Do we think it's going to be announced this week and released early May?

Oh how I hope so.
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I'm hoping for more than one restaurant theme of objects. So, we can make various types of venues; from fast food to casual and fine dining. While it's pretty doubtful, I would love to see the GP come with a small world (like Outdoor Retreat). Currently, I don't think that I have spare room in any save to build/place a single restaurant. :/
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'd love it if we got some fancy desserts, would be nice if they added with the GP or in it's Patch a Vegetarian and or Vegan Trait.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I hope wall ovens come in the pack.
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited April 2016
    I hope it won't be some highly specific items with recipes only available on them.

I don't want to add a pizza oven to all my kitchen. I love the fact that the popcorn or ice cream maker are small and fit on a counter. So I'm ok with more small appliances or things that fit in the counter.
    Post edited by Neia on
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    I'm hoping for more than one restaurant theme of objects. So, we can make various types of venues; from fast food to casual and fine dining. While it's pretty doubtful, I would love to see the GP come with a small world (like Outdoor Retreat). Currently, I don't think that I have spare room in any save to build/place a single restaurant. :/

Totally agree. I want to make retro diners, and small-town family restaurants, and upscale dining. Maybe even a good Indian buffet. And I have a habit of fully populating my worlds. The save I'm playing most has zero empty houses. I could use at least another Magnolia Promenade style neighbourhood, or I might have to move some Sims in together in awkward ways, and demolish housing. Or give up my variety of bar styles - but I like a variety of bar styles just like I do a variety of restaurant styles. I'm already down to one gym, one library, and one museum.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.