Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Custom Content

justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
Has anyone not be able to install custom content into The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Can you tell us a little more about what is happening- How are you trying to install CC?
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    I wasn't able to click on the Sims2Pack files. Before I got The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, I was able to click on a Sims2Pack file and it was installed into the game. Now, I have to download and install the Sims2Pack Clean Installer to get the custom content into the game.
  • lexylongcatlexylongcat Posts: 72 Member
    I'm not sure if it works like that.

For me, at least, all you need to do it put it in your downloads folder, start up the game, and it'll be there. It's not like the Sims 3. Are you using Clean installer? Because if you are and if it's not working then it'd be best to contact someone who knows more about it. I've been able to put CC into my game without any problems..
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    .package files get placed right in your Downloads folder.
    sims2packs need to be 'installed' and it really is best to use Clean Installer for them.
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    If you want to download sims2pack files you need to go to your Program Files (x86) --> Origin Games --> The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection --> Fun with Pets --> SP9 --> CSBin and the Package Installer and Body Shop will be in there, otherwise download The Clean Installer. I hope this helped!
  • justbricejustbrice Posts: 348 Member
    If you want to download sims2pack files you need to go to your Program Files (x86) --> Origin Games --> The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection --> Fun with Pets --> SP9 --> CSBin and the Package Installer and Body Shop will be in there, otherwise download The Clean Installer. I hope this helped!

Thanks. I'll try it.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I can't install custom shopping districts in my Ultimate collection. Don't have the right path. Under Program Files (x86) it only has apartment life or double deluxe and even they don't have rest of the path right.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @justbrice

I have a ton of CC playing with UC and you can add them to your game by the method @SleepycatDSL describes and everything should show up in your game.

@kamra19610

Do you mean you cannot install a lot? if so have you tried cleaner installer as I have never not been able to install a custom lot into my game using that program?

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com/index.php?page=4

This is what I have showing on my C drive with regards Sims 2 UC File installs.

click C drive, program files (x86) Origin Games, The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection, and then it shows the following install list:

Screenshot_2.pngimage upload with preview

If you are not showing a similar list could it be a corrupt install? Or possibly try repairing the game? If none of those work re-name your current UC folder in your documents as old and then allow the game to install a fresh folder when you start the game again and see if that helps.