Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of bugs in my game so far (GURUS LOOK AT THIS)

- I have Get Together EP and when my Sims should cook or bake something, they ALWAYS bake cakes. That is very annyoing! More variety would be great to have! Why always cakes? Is that intentional? If it is, then it was a very poor and dumb decision from the devs! :(
- I have some VERY SERIOUS lag with my game's speed buttons. The time response takes many seconds sometimes (I mean a delay when I press for example 3, the "fastest" speed). Could you fix this?
- I couldn't open my Sim's retail store anymore. I couldn't even charge the funds from the store to my Sims' household, because it had a bug. It said it had 0 simoleons, and that is definitely a bug. Could you fix this please?
- When I play with my own Sims sometimes and send them to a retail store, they can't buy ANYTHING from the freezers, like vegetables and fruits. Could you fix this? This is one bug that I hate the most in Get To Work!

I will update this post if I discover more annoying bugs/goofs in my game! ;)

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    I am sorry that these issues are in your game.
    With your issue with not being able to open the retail store, you may need to have your sims sell the store and then buy the store again.Try going to manage worlds and click on the lot that the store is on. Sell the store. Then go back to your sims home and have them buy the store again.
    This is a link to cheats to restore any of the retail perks that you may lose.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-cheats-codes/#RetailPerks

With your last issue, you may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Freezer-warmer-broken/m-p/5140496#M21517

With the speed button issue, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    @ULIBABA66 I discovered another GTW bug. My Sim couldn't go to the hospital to have her baby. The option to choose go to the hospital is still there but all she did was disappear and the then reappear. No actual visit to the hospital.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Hello @PHOEBESMOM601 .
    I am sorry that you have had this issue. Were you given the option to join your sim to go to the hospital?
    Has this happened before or is this the first time that this issue has occurred?
    Have you tested to see if the same thing occurred the next time that your sim was giving birth?
  • Options

Were you given the option to join your sim to go to the hospital? No. The only choice was to go to the hospital. I chose to send her and she just disappeared.

Has this happened before or is this the first time that this issue has occurred? First time.
    Have you tested to see if the same thing occurred the next time that your sim was giving birth? So far there hasn't been a next time. I got irritated that one more thing wasn't working and closed the game.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Were you given the option to join your sim to go to the hospital? No. The only choice was to go to the hospital. I chose to send her and she just disappeared.

Has this happened before or is this the first time that this issue has occurred? First time.
    Have you tested to see if the same thing occurred the next time that your sim was giving birth? So far there hasn't been a next time. I got irritated that one more thing wasn't working and closed the game.

Try testing again with your sim giving birth and see if the same thing occurs. If it does, remove any mods that you have in your game and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Try testing again with your sim giving birth and see if the same thing occurs. If it does, remove any mods that you have in your game and see if that helps the issue.

I don't have any mods or CC.
  • Options

Was the child born in the game? If they were, try seeing wthat happens the next time that your sim is due to give birth. If you have issues then as well, repairing the game may help.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

• Options

Was the child born in the game? If they were, try seeing wthat happens the next time that your sim is due to give birth. If you have issues then as well, repairing the game may help.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView" files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder .

@rosemow First I'd like to say you're an asset to the community and I know you go out of your way to be helpful but to me jumping through all those hoops simply isn't worth it. I just wanted to report it and see if it was a bug in case others were having the problem.

You see I'd simply like a game that doesn't have to be constantly repaired, reset, regenerated or restarted.
  • Options

@rosemow First I'd like to say you're an asset to the community and I know you go out of your way to be helpful but to me jumping through all those hoops simply isn't worth it. I just wanted to report it and see if it was a bug in case others were having the problem.

You see I'd simply like a game that doesn't have to be constantly repaired, reset, regenerated or restarted.

I hope that this issue doesn't occur again in your game.
  • Options
    GetafeGetafe Posts: 72 Member
    I am still having a bug where friends keep disappearing from my friends panel, even sims I have made. Is this a bug anyone else is having??
  • Options
    Getafe wrote: »
    I am still having a bug where friends keep disappearing from my friends panel, even sims I have made. Is this a bug anyone else is having??

Hello @Getafe.
    Your issue is connected with relationship culling.
    If you use mods,there are two mods that can help with the issue. You only use one mod, not both at the same time.
    MC Command Center contains many features/functions and has help for this issue
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=551680

A single standalone mod that has been created to help with this issue is " No more Relationship Culling"
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=568880

This link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837115/need-help-with-mc-command-center-settings-ask-here
  • Options
    Getafe wrote: »

You mean the one where the once populated relationship panel is now blank? Yep...I have that one too.
  • Options
    Shellbug12Shellbug12 Posts: 19 Member
    I need help!!! Ever since the last time I got to update my sims....note, I have to take my entire computer with me to get Internet to update it because I can't get Internet wheresources i live but when I open up the game the dialog box pops up saying I'm not running a 64 bit computer... when in fact my computer IS a 64 bit running system... I can't play my game for more than 5 minutes and boom, it crashes. I've tried turning it down to 32 bit in the game and everything and it still crashes.. someone please help me!! Lol is there something else on my computer that I need to change or what? I've tried repairing the game in Origin and nothing has worked.... help help help!!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Shellbug12 wrote: »
    I need help!!! Ever since the last time I got to update my sims....note, I have to take my entire computer with me to get Internet to update it because I can't get Internet wheresources i live but when I open up the game the dialog box pops up saying I'm not running a 64 bit computer... when in fact my computer IS a 64 bit running system... I can't play my game for more than 5 minutes and boom, it crashes. I've tried turning it down to 32 bit in the game and everything and it still crashes.. someone please help me!! Lol is there something else on my computer that I need to change or what? I've tried repairing the game in Origin and nothing has worked.... help help help!!

Hello @Shellbug12
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then launch the game and see if that helps.

I am just checking that you have switched back to 32 bit mode by doing this :
    Go to My Games in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Do you have cc/mods in your game? If you do, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there.

Try running the game in windowed mode and see if that helps
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode/

Try turning off origin in-game
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/deactivate-origin-in-game/

If after doing all the above things the issue still continues, could you please post your DxDiag info here. It will take multiple posts.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to here in this thread.