Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canceling Work action results in a finished Work notification

WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
If a Sim was sent to work but the player cancels the Work action and is on the iOS Home Screen or an app/game other than FreePlay, the player will get the finished work notification after an appropriate number of hours pass despite the Sim not actually working. If a Sim was sent to work at 12 PM and the player then cancels Work, a finished work notification will appear after the appropriate number of hours. For example a Sim that works for 9 hours will have the notification appear at 9 PM. I don't know if this also occurs on the Android and Windows Phone versions but it seems that there's a minor bug/error that happens.

I had a task that asked me to send 5 Sims to work so I sent them to work and then canceled the Work action after the task was completed. Couple hours later, I got a notification that the Sim finished work. I don't think players will usually cancel the Work action so most players will usually never encounter this but it does seem to be an interesting oversight.

I think The Sims FreePlay is coded to send the Finished Work notification when a Sim is sent to Work which makes sense if a Sim is actually working but it turns out the game still displays the notification if a Sim was sent to work but Work is canceled. I don't know if this applies to School as well. I also don't know if the Sim was sent to work but the game crashes and "cancels" the Work action, would the notification appear? I also don't know if the notification appears if the player used LP to finish work early.

This doesn't happen with other actions that send a notification. If for example Beans were being planted, the game would send a notification when they are fully grown. However, if the player cancels the plant/bake interaction before they're grown/baked, the notification doesn't appear since the game knows the Sim isn't doing that action. It's possible that the game didn't terminate the work flag if the player canceled the Work action or although untested, uses LP to end work early so after a couple of hours depending on the career, the player will get the notification if on the Home Screen or other Apps.

If anyone has Windows Phone or Android, I would like to know if that also happens.
Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer

Comments

• ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited April 2016
    I have never seen it. But this could very likely because I wouldn't notice it. I usually Send my sims to work or school when I go to bed myself unless they are doing a hobby which will occupy them for at least about 5 hrs. So I would probably just assume that it was a sim that I actually had at work that I got notified about if I saw it. But most likely I wouldn't react because I ignore all such notifications when I get them at night.

The iOS version has a couple of problems if you play it on an older device like my iPod Touch 4g:
    1. Often all the sims can become idle and all their actions stopped for no obvious reason - or because you attempted to visit a neighbor. It doesn't happen every time you visit a neighbor though.
    2. The game will often crash if you watch ingame videos.

Such things never happen on my iPad Air 2 or on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

The only difference between the iOS version and the android version that I have noticed is that the bingo hall on the island can be tapped to collect money/XPs after a few hours in the iOS version - but this never happens at all in the android version.
  • SimGuruEmmaSimGuruEmma Posts: 118 SimGuru
    Haven't seen this one before :S We'll take a look into it!
    Community Engagement Manager - The Sims FreePlay + The Sims Mobile - Firemonkeys and Maxis
  • WinMacSims3WinMacSims3 Posts: 1,610 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    I have never seen it. But this could very likely because I wouldn't notice it. I usually Send my sims to work or school when I go to bed myself unless they are doing a hobby which will occupy them for at least about 5 hrs. So I would probably just assume that it was a sim that I actually had at work that I got notified about if I saw it. But most likely I wouldn't react because I ignore all such notifications when I get them at night.

The iOS version has a couple of problems if you play it on an older device like my iPod Touch 4g:
    1. Often all the sims can become idle and all their actions stopped for no obvious reason - or because you attempted to visit a neighbor. It doesn't happen every time you visit a neighbor though.
    2. The game will often crash if you watch ingame videos.

Such things never happen on my iPad Air 2 or on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.

The only difference between the iOS version and the android version that I have noticed is that the bingo hall on the island can be tapped to collect money/XPs after a few hours in the iOS version - but this never happens at all in the android version.

1. I haven't visited a Neighbor since January so I haven't experienced this. Also sometimes if the game crashes, the Sims tend to have their actions stopped. Really annoying since most of FreePlay is under a time limit making crashes really jarring. Also Sims who were competing can't compete again until a new competition appear. Of course, this will be required to gain SPs if you want to speed up event tasks (you can't use LPs just like Romance island) but gaining SPs isn't as fast.
    2. I noticed this when I began to play FreePlay on the iPod touch 4G 8GB where attempting to watch the videos caused the game to crash making the videos to earn Simoleons, LP, or XP, useless on the older devices. Also some areas such as the Sunset Mall also tend to crash the game especially if building stores mostly when the game shows me what clothes I unlocked.
    Origin ID: GothicSimmer, YouTube: GothicSimmer