Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't get my Sims to "Play In Ocean"...

GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
They keep saying they can't do it when I tell them. I tried to edit the lot so it could be possible but it didn't work. I'm playing in Monte Vista. I was thinking about going to Isla Paradiso and grabbing one of the beach lots from there, then placing it in MV to see if that works. It tells me to "Try a coastline that's more shallow".

Edit: I have the same problem as this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/702899/shallow-water-to-play-in-ocean-i-need-advice
PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
Post edited by Goodywood on

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited April 2016
    Monte Vista is my favorite world and I play it often; have had no issues with swimming in the ocean on both beaches (Sunbather's Retreat and Venice Beach). o:)

Try clearing your cache.

Perhaps @igazor or @phoebebebe13 may know what to do.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    Monte Vista is my favorite world and I play it often; have had no issues with swimming in the ocean on both beaches (Sunbather's Retreat and Venice Beach). o:)

Try clearing your cache.

Perhaps @igazor or @phoebebebe13 may know what to do.

Hi @Colton147147 . Thank you for replying.

It's not "swimming the ocean", it's "playing in the ocean".

9146201229_d6115f9915.jpg

They swim just fine, but I want them to play in the water like the photo.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Ohhh..

Never tried; always forget about that interaction. :D
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    I really need to figure this out. :s I can't have my family's outing because of it. :(
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I wasn't aware they could do that. Where is that photo from? Is there an actual option that says "Play in ocean"? I ask cause I know sometimes the Sim creators have made photos of things which are not possible in gameplay.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Chimark wrote: »
    I wasn't aware they could do that. Where is that photo from? Is there an actual option that says "Play in ocean"? I ask cause I know sometimes the Sim creators have made photos of things which are not possible in gameplay.
    It's from SimVIPs Island Paradise guide.
    Play in the Ocean

Sims of all ages can enjoy themselves using the “Play in Ocean” interaction in shallow waters. Toddlers will need help from adults, but either way, the shallow waters of the Ocean are great for play time!
    via http://simsvip.com/sims-3-island-paradise-guide/

@Goodywood Are you trying it on a flat surfaced area in the water? That's the only thing I can think of...
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @Goodywood You should be able to use the 'Play in the Ocean', however most worlds are not set up for this by default as they came out before IP was released.
    The trick is as @Simasaurus09 suggests, it needs to be a fairly flat area near the shore and must be shallow as is shown in the IP pic you posted.
    I have found the best way is to use the flatten terrain tool, zoom in on the shore line and pick a spot just under the water's edge. Aim for about knee deep and flatten a small area. Once you have done that, then use the smooth terrain tool to blend the flattened area in with the shore and the deeper part of the sea.
  • Options
    @Goodywood You should be able to use the 'Play in the Ocean', however most worlds are not set up for this by default as they came out before IP was released.
    The trick is as @Simasaurus09 suggests, it needs to be a fairly flat area near the shore and must be shallow as is shown in the IP pic you posted.
    I have found the best way is to use the flatten terrain tool, zoom in on the shore line and pick a spot just under the water's edge. Aim for about knee deep and flatten a small area. Once you have done that, then use the smooth terrain tool to blend the flattened area in with the shore and the deeper part of the sea.

Thank you guys for replying.

I will try this @sirguylittle. I hope it works!

@Chimark You can play in the ocean. It's really cute. I don't think you need IP , as I think it was patched in (not sure tho).
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @Goodywood I think I have to admit defeat with this too. I've tried a couple of times to get a water's edge set up correctly, but it seems that Monte Vista is not really suitable. I even tried dropping Hobart's Hideaway from IP into MV but that didn't work either.
    (By the way my instructions are not quite right as I was thinking of CAW and the tools I named are from that, though the equivalent tools from build mode, Soften and Level terrain can be used, however I found them less easy to use.)

It might be easier to install the NRaas Traveler mod and send your Sims on a holiday to Isla Paradiso so they can play in the ocean, lol
  • Options
    LBellLBell Posts: 3,511 Member
    @Goodywood I can't play in the ocean and I just have the base game installed at the minute until I have time to install all expansions. So perhaps that means IP is required.
  • Options
    @Goodywood I think I have to admit defeat with this too. I've tried a couple of times to get a water's edge set up correctly, but it seems that Monte Vista is not really suitable. I even tried dropping Hobart's Hideaway from IP into MV but that didn't work either.
    (By the way my instructions are not quite right as I was thinking of CAW and the tools I named are from that, though the equivalent tools from build mode, Soften and Level terrain can be used, however I found them less easy to use.)

It might be easier to install the NRaas Traveler mod and send your Sims on a holiday to Isla Paradiso so they can play in the ocean, lol

@sirguylittle I'm going to do that. I need Traveler anyway. o:) I had it installed but removed it when the updates happened. I agree about it being difficult to get MV the option to "play in ocean". Thank you!

@LBell Oh okay! o:) Good to know for anyone who reads this thread. I wasn't sure as I thought it might've been patched in like "swim in the ocean". :D

<3<3
  • Options
    ThompsonThompson Posts: 1 New Member
    I personally moved my family to a beach lot which i changed to be a residential lot and built a new house there, now my sims can play in water and ''relax here'' (tan on beach towel on the beach) anywhere they want!