March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favorite Sims game?

2...Next

Comments

• GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The Sims will always have a special place in my heart because it was the first one I play, and it started it all. But Sims 2 is my favorite. That game has the best fleshed out sims to date. And Sims 3 is a close second, I just love the open world (no game should have loading screens at this point!), and the color wheel is the bees knees.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• 2tcn2tcn Posts: 58 Member
    The Sims 2 :)
  • DumbOllieDumbOllie Posts: 13 New Member
    My favourite is The Sims, and my second favourite is The Sims 4
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    The Sims 2. It's the game I've clocked the most hours into and for me, easily the most immersive of the lot. I've been playing it since release date in 2004 and whenever I play a new Sims game, I always end up going back to it. I also love how there's still such an active community for it, TS2 really has stood the test of time. No matter how many times I've played it over the years, I always feel as if I'm discovering something new; the game always feels exciting and fresh.

Runner up is 1, where it all started for me. I still think that Makin' Magic is the best ever Sims expansion and I love the slightly off feel about the game. Nothing beat that mini heart attack one would get when the burglar or El Bandito would appear. Or the creepy prank calls in the middle of the night. Plus, Hot Date introduced the concept of sims being able to leave the house - in 2018 that sounds ridiculous, but at the time it was such a huge thing. 1 also had the best music by far in my humble opinion.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • sillafoxsillafox Posts: 63 Member
    I haven't really played the older ones so my only option is sims 4 c:
    sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    The Sims 2.
  • GC521GC521 Posts: 6 New Member
    The sims 3
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited March 2018
    Between TS2 and TS3 for me.

Same. TS4 is just a big sad disappointment.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AmylsimsAmylsims Posts: 108 Member
    No game can beat the sims 2, I wish we had those cut scenes still, hell I even miss the loading screen, I played it so much I memerised which icon lit up first while it loaded!!
  • destineepanicdestineepanic Posts: 20 New Member
    It's amazing that it's mostly between The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 as the favorite. I think that says a lot bout 2 because 3 had an open world, which was off-the-charts amazing to me. I loved walking to work. Anyway, I think 2 left a huge impression, and locked down a large portion of their fan base today. The two games are different, but for 2 to beat an open world?? I think The Sims 2 takes the cake haha.
    I always stick to the latest version of the game, but I was dissapointed with The Sims 4. The Pets and Night Life pack for The Sims 2 were like buying whole new games - so much content! A TRUE expansion! Now in 4, for example, the hot tub is gone? Like... Why? Greed must be the only explanation. Who proposed the idea of taking that out? I do not understand. I'm not a cheat code user, or even reliant on expansion packs - that's just how I play. I only got expansion packs for 2, and my boyfriend bought me three packs for The Sims 4 on PS4, but I only noticed a (small) difference because of the Vampire expansion. He may as well have not bought the other two packs. Of course I'm having fun playing with vampires, but the Nightlife expansion pack (had vampires) in The Sims 2 was so much more impressive. How do you go backwards instead of improving? Actually believing that people who created this franchise that I've been a part of my whole life doesn't care anymore. On a lighter note, I can not wait to get off work and play lol!
  • KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member
    I haven't played many of the other Sims games, though I briefly played The Sims 3. I do prefer Sims 4 for the graphics and interface, but I think previous Sims games seemed to have more content in the expansion packs... however, I do understand that the Sims 4 has been made in a slightly different way and I do still prefer it over all. Especially with custom content, you can make some really realistic Sims!
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
    Clocked most of my hours in on TS2!
  • peach1redpeach1red Posts: 245 Member
    edited April 2018
    The Sims 3, I've played all four main series games, most spinoffs and the Sims 3 is easily my favourite. It allows me to make pretty much anything I want and Create-a-World allows me make such beautiful things. Something about getting to be in the open world of your fantasy is a breath taking experience I could never fully explain, but it's just so beautiful I could cry.
    Preferably with Supernatural...
    My favourite colour is #E4717A, just like any other ordinary human girl.

My Simming site: https://peachrenardssims.wordpress.com/
  • NerdySims99NerdySims99 Posts: 150 Member
    For sure The Sims 2! It was my first Sims game and is my favorite years later. It's the one I put the most time into (no doubt hundreds of hours) and I just simply adore it. The expansion packs were HUGE, they always added so much content and I love every single one. The stuff packs were big too which I really appreciate. I just feel with TS2 you can do pretty much whatever you wanted (well, minus travelling open world style of course). It's perfect for every type of Sim player, it'd be pretty hard to get bored with the game in my opinion.
    "You've gotta be stirring my pasta."
  • PrincessySimmerPrincessySimmer Posts: 1 New Member
    The Sims 2 on the Xbox console was by far my most fav,

I didn't have a PC at that time :'( and it was my very 1st Sims game.
    Controlling my sim with the controller (instead of clicking) and doing super speedy circles around the other sims just to be annoying was so much fun :p .
    It's co-op so my little brother or older brother could play with me. No more loneliness!

The music was also totally my fav 2! <3
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Why the Sims 4.. of course!
    egTcBMc.png
  • exyurockexyurock Posts: 25 Member
    Sims 2... After all these years of playing all Sims, I've come to a conclusion that TS2 is so much more special than all the other games.
  • Trinaboswell29Trinaboswell29 Posts: 119 Member
    The original sims game The Sims 1.
  • techblogger911techblogger911 Posts: 21 Member
    Sims 2 :#
  • SimsxZelda_fanSimsxZelda_fan Posts: 179 Member
    Sims 3 for sure. The most customisable one, the best looking worlds that feel connected and full, I like adjusting the ages for each stage in life, all the things you can be like werewolf or Genie etc and so on, the magic gameplay, the adventure gameplay, all the different skills and careers not to mention playable careers, the stuff packs like Town Life or Outdoor Stuff, boating, and so much more. There's just so much to do and to see in Sims 3. I can't see myself going back to Sims 2 for anything and I can't go to Sims 4 because of how that's turning out.

Hoping for an ambitious Sims 5, then maybe my preference might change lol
  • jjames041jjames041 Posts: 65 Member
    the sims 1 2 3 playing the sims now on windows 98se
  • thesimmer77thesimmer77 Posts: 33 Member
    I've only played the original and expansions thereof, but plan to try the others, I also wanted to try sims online, wish that was still around, I guess competition from secondlife killed it.
  • Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Sims 2 for sure.