Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Sims get abducted by aliens?

Sorry if this is post is in the wrong place first of all.
But I was wondering if your sims could get abducted by aliens like they could in Sims 2. Just a quick question.

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    If you have Get to Work, yes.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • MarcelinaMarcelina Posts: 167 Member
    > @Polyrhythm said:
    > If you have Get to Work, yes.

Thanks for the quick reply. :)
    Also, do you think it is worth getting Get to Work? I might get it.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    All expansions, stuff packs, and game packs are worth it no matter what. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    > @Colton147147 said:
    > All expansions, stuff packs, and game packs are worth it no matter what. o:)

Okay! :D Might as well get it then just to add more fun to the game. Thanks!
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    It's not my favorite EP, but it isn't awful. Comes with some nice features like being able to play as aliens, travel to their world through the science career, active careers, the retail is pretty fun, etc. I think it's worth it
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Depends on what you want it to do and it would help if you knew someone who has it and see some gameplay. I would say it IMO it is worth it if you can get it real cheap.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    > @Goldmoldar said:
    > Depends on what you want it to do and it would help if you knew someone who has it and see some gameplay. I would say it IMO it is worth it if you can get it real cheap.

Well I've watched some gameplays but at first I wasn't so sure if it was worth the price. So yeah, I'll still think about it before spending my money on it.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello.
    This is a link to a guide on GTW . It contains information about the features /activities in the pack, and about the new careers and the retail feature. It also contains pictures of the build/buy mode and CAS items. It may help you to decide if you would like to buy GTW.
    http://simsvip.com/sims-4-get-to-work-game-guide/
    Thank you for the link! I'll definitely make sure to try it out :)
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @Marcelina If you'll get it, get a rocket ship and build that, then travel around a lot and go check out Sixam the alien planet. They did an amazing job with it!
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    If you're buying get to work mostly for the abductions then don't bother.... They tweaked it so it takes a lot of effort to get abducted haha
    But as a whole it isn't bad, I still enjoy the active doctor and scientist careers even after it being out for a year
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If you're into aliens, go for it. They've got a lot of fun interactions, and can wander about in disguise. If there aren't enough alien abductions happening for your taste (a lot of us get very few), the mod suite MC Command Center has an Occult module that lets you tweak to your taste, and it's a well supported mod with lots of people to help you use it.

Some people find the active career a bit linear. I agree, but I've enjoyed them so far anyway - there's a lot else that's fun in them. They put a lot of humour into the career side of the pack.

If you can't bear the idea of running retail if it's not home-based, you might want to skip running retail. But you can build stores or download them from the gallery, set them up, then sell them and just visit them as a store customer. You can even have a store that sells stuff aliens might like.

If you also have Get Together, you'll end up with an Alien Night at the bars. The club system also includes "Alien" as a trait for finding Sims to join clubs. Watch out for having an club of Aliens "use Science equipment" in a club, though - I ended up swarming in Aliens. It was too many even for me!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.