Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Foodie madness must stop!

One of my sims has this trait and after 2 weeks (Sim-time) of playing her I have had enough! Even excellent quality drinks aren't good enough to avoid the penalty moodlet. But what's far worse is the incessant photographing of each and every meal and the subsequent failure to finish said meal until you cancel the interaction and then reinstate it. This reached its' ultimate absurdity yesterday when she took one mouthful followed by TWO consecutive pictures and then sat there gaping into space - three times in a row! Please sort this lunacy out and reduce the level of photography, stop making traits that feel like they have an inbuilt punishment.

Comments

• LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Maybe it's a bug? My sim has that trait, but he behaves quite normal? He only gets the moodlet, if the food is not good and doesn't really take pictures.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Idk, I've had foodies do the same thing. I just stopped taking them out cause it seemed like a totally random chance whether they'd like a drink or not, regardless of the quality. Even worse is when they decide to autonomously make a drink with nearly no mixology skill and give themselves that 4 hour uncomfortable moodlet.

I've never had them completely stop eating, but the constant pictures every second are super annoying and don't help with speeding up meal times

:*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    I only played a foodie once and knew I would never EVER use that trait again!
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    it is funny to read
    but it is certainly no fun at all to play :tongue:

i really wish the devs would do something about those useless negative moodlets

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    All my sims seem to take forever to completely eat a meal.. no matter what traits they have. It's even worse when they are in a group trying to talk and eat :neutral:
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I actually have the gaping into space regardless of the trait. I don't know why the Sims do it, but they look like mindless robots while eating sometimes.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    I'm with @elanorbreton played that trait once... never again. :neutral:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • MrHawkMrHawk Posts: 4,345 Member
    I never knew they actually do that. I gave up before playing that trait.

Glad I did. The selfie nonsense is bad enough. Don't need food snapping on top.
    Man, if anyone tries this at dinner with me and mine they get the death stare, then reminded of the fact that it's really poor manners.

TS4. SMH.
  • VoeilleVoeille Posts: 474 Member
    Eating taking ages is indeed annoying, I had to get a mod to get rid of it (here if someone is interested; however, it might not work fine because it hasn’t been updated for ages).
    “Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
    Pond & Sea Water Overhaul (TS2)
    Simblr (my TS2 CC)
    MTS Profile
  • KevWalkerKevWalker Posts: 810 Member
    @Voeille ; That one might be broken, DrChillgood gave up modding a while ago, however MadameButterfly has similar mods that still work - I know because I've got 'em! :)