Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cafes need improvement

My Sims can tend the cafe but they can't get money off it. Also I can't run my Simbucks even if I have Get To Work EP. Please make an update for this @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruDaniel @SimGuruSteve :(

Comments

• Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    It's kind of lame but that's how the retail stores work. Like if you had a drinks bar on your retail lot you can mix drinks for customers but they won't pay you for it. What you can do, is mix the drinks or coffee and place them on counters or tables and set it for sale. Sims will buy it but you'll still need to go through the hassle of convincing them to buy it and then writing it up to conclude the sale. They also won't start drinking or eating whatever food item they buy so your cafe won't feel like a real cafe. Hopefully, the new restaurant themed game pack they're releasing will fix these things so your Sims can have properly functioning food and beverage based businesses.
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    (Whips out iPad to sell Granny Smash) :D
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My main issue with the cafes is that the baristas get overworked and have no time to clean. :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited May 2016
    You should get money from the café, but it don't work on the retail lot. The only time you get money is if you work it in the Café lot.

Edit: I wish sims would actually pickup the right stuff they ordered instead of the first thing that comes out, the other annoying thing I found is you order food to go so they pick it up and eat it at the café, if I wanted you to eat it now, I would have ordered it on a plate!
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • NADYSOPHIENADYSOPHIE Posts: 356 Member
    Yeah also when the barista have too much clients your order is cancelled and you need to order again and again. Because the barista is too slow doing the coffee. This also happens with the bars. Is annoying that my sim is getting for ever to get the coffee because of others sims that don't stop asking for coffee too. They should improve this and make the barista do coffee more fast.
  • teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    I am with you here OP... wish also we could play as baristas... and sims would order from us directly without placing stuff all around.. an yes baristas are overworked too often:((
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    You can take over a shift at a Baristas, I think that was one of the perks of GT.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."