Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Won't Run Anymore

Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
I'm having some issues with The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection. The last time I downloaded & played, no problems (Windows 8.1). I didn't have compatibility issues & didn't need to change settings. My computer crashed & I had to reset everything. This time when I downloaded I can't run the game. Any ideas or suggestions on what I need to do to fix??

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Sha2520032003

I am quite a new player to 2 and am on windows 7 so this may not work for you but when I had a similar problem I was told to go into Origin and right click on sims 2 check for update and allow it to update then try starting the game again. This worked for me the first time the game failed to start/load up and has worked every time since when I get the same problem.

I hope that it works for you and if not I am sure another player will come along and be able to help :)
  • LittleSpoonssLittleSpoonss Posts: 11 New Member
    Are you getting any error messages that could indicate where the issue is occurring from?

I was running it on Win10 and I just couldn't get it to run for love nor money!

If you click on the icon from the Desktop for it to bring up the preferences menu and then find the option to "Run as Administrator" then this might fix the problem for you, I think this is because the new versions are a bit shaky with the discs and doesn't seem to recognise the older content on the device (I've heard it can effect Win8+ players too with this)
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Go into your documents folder - EA games - the sims 2 and delete the two cache files in there. It should be groups.cache and accessories.cache

After that, attempt to run the game. It should work. Report back.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @SPARKY1922 @LittleSpoonss @Mstybl95 Thanks everyone! I re-downloaded The Sims 2 & it's running fine. I didn't need to make any changes. It just booted upon launch.
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    @SPARKY1922 @LittleSpoonss @Mstybl95 Thanks everyone! I re-downloaded The Sims 2 & it's running fine. I didn't need to make any changes. It just booted upon launch.

Yay! I'm glad to hear you got it up and running! Have LOADS OF FUN!!!