Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Known Alien" tag hits everyone in conversation -- even humans.

I just came across this. It's not exactly easy to replicate, as it's triggered by an NPC alien's autonomous interaction. (I did have it happen twice, so it seems to be consistent -- it's just that there's no way to purposely trigger it yourself, you just have to wait and see if the circumstances come about.)

What happened is this: My Sim was at a dance party with a friend. So she was in a group, though only with one other person. (I'm not sure if the grouped condition is significant, but mention it just in case.) She got into a conversation, which became a multi-person conversation. One of the NPCs in the conversation was an alien. This alien was not in my Sim's group, but was a part of the multi-Sim conversation. Said alien NPC used an alien power. Suddenly my Sim got a whole set of notifications that she'd discovered an alien in disguise -- one for each Sim in the conversation. Yes, every Sim in the conversation was tagged as a 'Known Alien' to my Sim. Now I have human Sims like Luna Villareal and Geoffry Landgraab marked as 'Known Aliens,' among others.

I don't know if there's anyway to 'undo' the tagging, but it would be nice. (Other than going back to a previous save and losing a few hours of play -- I hadn't saved for a while.) Hopefully this will be noticed and fixed -- that would be wonderful.
Pay for product -- not potential!

Comments