Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the frig, SimGuruDrake?

Comments

• DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Let's just be thankful that we're not in the dark anymore.

While it may be true that we know what is technically coming I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I can't speak for anyone else but me but I will say I think some Simmers will agree when I say...we weren't looking to have every nook and cranny about the game especially since it's still in development but what we did want at the very least is the basic knowledge of what's to come. Some details one what we can look forward too. All we know are the themes. Literally that's it! So I have to say we are in the dark because if this was The Sims 3 by now we would have at least known what the expansion pack was about and a feature or two that would come...
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    >.> I'm with the OP. I had to redo my windows and start fresh. The only thing I am downloading from EA is Sims 2. After this 15 second video I think I won't be downloading Sims 4 again. It can stay in my hidden games with a few of their abandoned games.. And as far as better than nothing statements.. Nothing would be better than a lack luster 15 second video. I don't need to be thankful for a game I purchased, it should be them that are thankful customer still buy their product. I will tell you what I am thankful for in gaming though. A complete game with straight up honest developers that appreciate their customers. And that is becoming a rare breed.
  • mskubemskube Posts: 483 Member
    Well we did ask for more info in advance that we could speculate and discuss and now that's not good enough for some. Unfortunately someone else beat @SimGuruDrake to the punch that ruined it for me I was waiting for the excitement gif and then the info.

Will children be allowed to eat in restaurants especially since their not allowed to order from the cafe's? I hope so they need to eat to.
  • GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member

While it may be true that we know what is technically coming I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. I can't speak for anyone else but me but I will say I think some Simmers will agree when I say...we weren't looking to have every nook and cranny about the game especially since it's still in development but what we did want at the very least is the basic knowledge of what's to come. Some details one what we can look forward too. All we know are the themes. Literally that's it! So I have to say we are in the dark because if this was The Sims 3 by now we would have at least known what the expansion pack was about and a feature or two that would come...

Well ... there was tables, with couples. A waiter writing down an order, so that means no tablet at the table to order from. A fancy wine glass on the back table and something in a full clown outfit. The sad clown might return. I would surmise the game pack was about restaurants and eating out, probably a romantic date setting with the wine glasses and each table having one male and one female sim and not a party or group ...
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    It was stated someplace that a GIF would be provided today. So this 15 second video fits as GIF in my book. I wasn't expecting a huge blog post, content trailer, live stream or anything else. What was provided today is exactly what was said would be. Anything else is just rumors, false speculation claiming to be official or people expecting more that what was said.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    >.> I'm with the OP. I had to redo my windows and start fresh. The only thing I am downloading from EA is Sims 2. After this 15 second video I think I won't be downloading Sims 4 again. It can stay in my hidden games with a few of their abandoned games.. And as far as better than nothing statements.. Nothing would be better than a lack luster 15 second video. I don't need to be thankful for a game I purchased, it should be them that are thankful customer still buy their product. I will tell you what I am thankful for in gaming though. A complete game with straight up honest developers that appreciate their customers. And that is becoming a rare breed.

Apparently everything they're doing shows disrespect. Lots of people asked for restaraunts and a childrens stuff pack, and LOTs of people asked for better teasers and hints.

I'm going to bold this so everyone can understand

This is not a trailer, this is a TEASER

teas·er
    ˈtēzər/Submit
    noun
    noun: teaser; plural noun: teasers
    a short introductory advertisement for a product, especially one that does not mention the name of the thing being advertised.
    synonyms: advertisement, hook, come-on
    "teasers point readers to the main features"
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member

Not a one of us will say that the marketing for the game is perfect, but here's the issue...it isn't TS3. People have to learn that and accept that. What was relevant with TS3 isn't with TS4. We know the themes for the next couple of packs. That knowledge is better than no knowledge.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member

Well like I had said, it might not be what some of us was expecting. But it's certainly far better than nothing at all! ;)

• Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited April 2016
    I actually can't deal with some of you guys. Alot of you whine and complain about the lack of transparency and say things like "I miss when we would know the theme!"

Now we know the theme for the next game pack AND stuff pack yet alot of you still complain.

Toddlers were never removed sorry, you guys are the toddlers.

I thought being a sim guru would be a dream job but after watching how half of the people on here act like spoiled children makes me think twice about that. Sorry, not censoring myself. I think it's crazy how people complain about lack of information and it's delivered and it's not good enough.

Your incapability to read the forums without having a meltdown is your fault for generalizing everyone.

Personally, I'm happy we get news in a new format now, but I am very disappointed with the news we have actually received, or in other words, the themes themselves.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'm surprised that "frig" isn't plummed out on this forum. (If you don't know what it means, go listen to the chorus of Friggin in the Riggin by the Sex Pistols.)
  • simmerdamian01simmerdamian01 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @gamekitten said:
    > >.> I'm with the OP. I had to redo my windows and start fresh. The only thing I am downloading from EA is Sims 2. After this 15 second video I think I won't be downloading Sims 4 again. It can stay in my hidden games with a few of their abandoned games.. And as far as better than nothing statements.. Nothing would be better than a lack luster 15 second video. I don't need to be thankful for a game I purchased, it should be them that are thankful customer still buy their product. I will tell you what I am thankful for in gaming though. A complete game with straight up honest developers that appreciate their customers. And that is becoming a rare breed.

I totally agree :)
  • dreita95dreita95 Posts: 237 Member
    I actually can't deal with some of you guys. Alot of you whine and complain about the lack of transparency and say things like "I miss when we would know the theme!"

Now we know the theme for the next game pack AND stuff pack yet alot of you still complain.

I thought being a sim guru would be a dream job but after watching how half of the people on here act like spoiled children makes me think twice about that. Sorry, not censoring myself. I think it's crazy how people complain about lack of information and it's delivered and it's not good enough.

I couldn't agree more. They wanted apples the gurus gave them apples but now they want to complain because they got green apples instead of red apples. Sad!
    Analogue at birth, digital by design.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I'm surprised that "frig" isn't plummed out on this forum. (If you don't know what it means, go listen to the chorus of Good Ship Venus by the Sex Pistols.)
    I was thinking that too EmmaVane! ;)

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    I'm not saying I wouldn't want more information, but I think this is far preferable to the blanket of silence we've been getting, no?
    Agreed. I'm sure everyone would love to hear more, but I definitely prefer this over literally nothing.

This ^^^

It is so much better than being left in the dark.

Agreed.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    In the meantime the real reason for all this hyping and being highly disappointed after and simmers calling other simmers toddlers is the game still isn't good enough. There is some clearly underwhelming going on on another forum where nobody felt they were promised something, and a simmer who has bought everything for this game from day one declaring she won't anymore. Completely unaware simmers here now have started to blame each other for the desillusion.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I'm surprised that "frig" isn't plummed out on this forum. (If you don't know what it means, go listen to the chorus of Good Ship Venus by the Sex Pistols.)

Yeah that word has only had one meaning in my lifetime that I know of.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    In the meantime the real reason for all this hyping and being highly disappointed after and simmers calling other simmers toddlers is the game still isn't good enough. There is some clearly underwhelming going on on another forum where nobody felt they were promised something, and a simmer who has bought everything for this game from day one declaring she won't anymore. Completely unaware simmers here now have started to blame each other for the desillusion.

I've got to agree with this. I find this more hilarious, sadly.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @klovesjen, this i actually gonna happen every sim season thing. which is every 2-3 months. so every 2-3 months we get something like the video to see what is to come next.it's also doesn't interfere trailers blogs or other announcements we have atm. i find this wayyy better then having silence and not knowing what to come next till there's an announcement or getting close to the pack
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    dreita95 wrote: »

I couldn't agree more. They wanted apples the gurus gave them apples but now they want to complain because they got green apples instead of red apples. Sad!

The gurus gave me nothing I asked for. I asked for game play and I mean real game play not just some item with a few animations attached with it. I asked about bugs/glitches fixes. I asked for less quests. I asked for many things that 15 second video didn't cover.

Then there is the toddlers and family play that many many people keep asking for. That 15 second video did nothing for anybody but the I will accept anything EA throws at me people.

Great there is restraunts coming out! More reskins! ... Can you just imagine the musical chairs?

It would be great if they gave news about problems in game instead of the $$$$$ news.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @gamekitten a simple video shouldn't turn u off a game and it might not be complete but u knew that when u purchased it. I dont mean to sound harsh or anythin so sorry if I do. Everyone just needs to be thankful that we got communication about content when being with nothin for two months. Dont u realise they r starting to listen to us? Dont put them off doing another thing like this with all the comments. In my opinion people are being picky. A fill trailer on the packs when they come out would just be like a repeat and 15 seconds is enough to give us insights on 2 packs
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Well we don't know much else right now...I wouldn't say there's loads of reskins without seeing even half of the items. We don't know what the Thursday patch is fixing exactly either. There's loads of.bugs that do need fixed, but I can't be too disappointed until I see the patch notes.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm with GuruDrake on this one.

I like the introduction of seasonal announcements, and, while short, that video told me all I need to know at this stage; what type of pack is coming, the overall theme and approximately when. I will be reading the more in-depth pre-release announcements, because I do want to know a bit more about the packs before I make a purchasing decision, but for now I'm happy with the new info, and can get back to my town planning accordingly.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Sim_LucentSim_Lucent Posts: 689 Member
    .. has the community really degraded itself now to calling one another toddlers?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top