Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the frig, SimGuruDrake?

Comments

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    @NZsimm3r I hope they do more things like this. I don't see why people are dissapointed we were promised nothing more and nothing less
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @ChloeDeCookie exactly!! I think most people assume it is a trailer... which it isn't. It's an info peek! How cool that we will always know what the devs are broadly working on now. :)
    I call it a trailer because it reminds me of those teaser trailers that the movie studios sometimes release just before they release a full length trailer on a movie that their're about to release.

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Someone give me a toddler!

There's usually a handful running around unsupervised at the walmart up the road...though I would say just watch them from afar as anything else would be ill advised. That's probably the only toddler stuff you're going to get anytime soon.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    thank you @SimGuruDrake for keeping us simmers updated and for this nice little preview and i sent you a private message incase you did not read it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Hmm... I guess it's a 'simmers' thing. @ChloeDeCookie no matter what we get we always seem disappointed. It's weird. I feel like I'm the only peep happy with the peek! I was a bit thrown when I first saw the leaked vid at first but then I realized what it was when I saw the official blog... yay for info!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member

Here you go. B)
    Capture.png
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Hmm... I guess it's a 'simmers' thing. @ChloeDeCookie no matter what we get we always seem disappointed. It's weird. I feel like I'm the only peep happy with the peek! I was a bit thrown when I first saw the leaked vid at first but then I realized what it was when I saw the official blog... yay for info!

Wait there's a blog too? Maybe I missed some more info....
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    On a side note, I'm surprised that the word 'frig' is not plumed out..
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member

There are toddlers in TS2 and TS3. Have fun! No toddlers in TSM, but still a fun game, anyway. :)
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    EA releases 15 sec video to satisfy the fans for information. Gains new found respect for EA
    TS4_Icon.png
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    @blewis823 for sure...I get that but it still doesn't make dumping all over simgurudrake 'right'. She asked us what we wanted in a thread, we told her, she delivered.

• poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I'm not on the boards often but I slip in from time to time. Even I remember a guru (not sure which one) asking what we would like in way of releasing hints and video clips by far was the preferred choice. I'd say they gave us exactly what was asked for.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited April 2016
    It's honestly about what I expected, though I didn't (for whatever reason) envision a video. I was expecting like a minute blog post 'Hey guys, your next packs are <theme>, a GP and <theme> an SP. Look out for more details later this month'. Nothing was said about big. Everyone just leaped to conclusions, as per.

I liked that it was a teaser trailer.
  • PeachyKeen88PeachyKeen88 Posts: 652 Member
    I'm not so sure I'm thrilled about the restaurant GP (if that's what it is), but I'm happy with the teaser. Even happier, actually, after seeing SimGuruDrake's response here that this is representative of the next 2-3 months. After initially seeing the trailer, I was concerned that the spring GP could mean end of May or even June, and the summer GP could be end of August. Not that I can't wait for these things, but of production is really that slow then I would worry for the future of the Sims franchise.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    It was explained clearly by a dev that for USA tax reasons content info can not be released too far in advance. I'm from New Zealand and so I don't understand your tax laws but the main point was that if they release info and then it gets delayed they can not make money from anything sold in that quarter. EA is a business and so they have to abide by the tax laws. @luthienrising do you have the link to the dev's post?

I do, but if Graham posts a whole lot more, I'll lose track of it (I'll bookmark it, but I have soooo many bookmarks...:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/comment/14732539/#Comment_14732539

Apologies if someone already posted this - I'm just checking my notifications.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KuffiKuffi Posts: 170 Member
    blewis823 wrote: »
    EA releases 15 sec video to satisfy the fans for information. Gains new found respect for EA
    TS4_Icon.png

SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2016
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I'm happy with this set-up because it's by far better than no info at all until the official announcement. Which was what we have been getting up until today. So I do not understand why some of you are still complaining about this when you should be greatful that they are sharing info on what we expect in the next two months at all.

Well, playing the other side of the coin here too...I don't know about grateful. I am certainly grateful to the Gurus for giving us this information, but I don't know if grateful is really the world we should be using for EA. they should have started this a while ago when the backlash about how tight they've been on the information front, and how many people were getting upset with the lack of information. I would say...thank you for listening to us EA suits, but I'm more mollified than grateful. I don't want to go overboard on it and think they've got me looking out of rose colored glasses, either. :p
    True, grateful isn't exactly what I would hand EA either. My point was that it's better than nothing at all, and that's something that we all should be thankful for. Even though that's it something that some of us were not expecting. When I think about all that was said about all this. It reminds me of that kid at Christmas time expecting to get that present that they had always wanted, and got a present that they wasn't expecting at all. That kid should be thankful that he got anything at all for Christmas. I was raised on the principle that you do not look a gift horse in the mouth. Meaning that when someone gives you something out of the kindness of their own heart, you don't throw it back in their face. And tell them that you don't want it. You just thank them, and move on!

thank you @luthienrising :cookie:

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I actually can't deal with some of you guys. Alot of you whine and complain about the lack of transparency and say things like "I miss when we would know the theme!"

Now we know the theme for the next game pack AND stuff pack yet alot of you still complain.

Toddlers were never removed sorry, you guys are the toddlers.

I thought being a sim guru would be a dream job but after watching how half of the people on here act like spoiled children makes me think twice about that. Sorry, not censoring myself. I think it's crazy how people complain about lack of information and it's delivered and it's not good enough.

^ Exactly.

"What's wrong?"

"We got exactly what we asked for!"

"What's wrong with that?"

"IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!'

giphy.gif

yes!! And I've heard this is going to be a regular thing so that it helps with communication like the sims 2 packlets did, which is what ALOT of people asked for. How are people upset with this?

These are NOT announcements as explained by Drake, if I recall correctly they are just teasers that are going to be done regularly to let us know the theme. Don't quote me on that though, I don't want to misquote @SimGuruDrake 's words.

But thank you so much from those of us who are actually happy with you trying your hardest Drake :)
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    giphy.gif

It's a toddler... :o

Toddlers confirmed. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    omg I love that gif @Piperbird lol, it's perfect!

• PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    giphy.gif

It's a toddler... :o

Toddlers confirmed. B)

Oh, I've been reading the forums. Toddlers are confirmed, indeed.
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top