Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have to activate again?

Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
edited April 2016 in PC - Technical Discussions
So over the past couple of days I've been moving house, and I don't yet have Internet. I set up my computer last night, but when I tried to play The Sims 4, a window pops up and wants me to sign into my ea account to activate TS4. But I've owned TS4 since I preordered it in August 2014 and haven't had issues until now.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,521 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hello.
    Is it a laptop that you are playing the game on? If it is, could you perhaps take it to a place such as a library where you can access the internet, then try logging in and seeing if that helps the issue.
    If you still have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin whilst you using the free internet access and see if that helps.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello.
    Is it a laptop that you are playing the game on? If it is, could you perhaps take it to a place such as a library where you can access the internet, then try logging in and seeing if that helps the issue.
    If you still have issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling origin whilst you using the free internet access and see if that helps.

Sadly not. I own a very large computer tower.
    edited April 2016
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer and see if that helps.
    If the issue remains, you may need to either wait until you have Internet access to try uninstalling and reinstalling origin, or may need to be in touch with EA help.
    https://help.ea.com/
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Then restart the computer and see if that helps.
    If the issue remains, you may need to either wait until you have Internet access to try uninstalling and reinstalling origin, or may need to be in touch with EA help.

Yeah restarted multiple times. Guess I'll just have to wait for me to get my internet. Thanks for trying!
  • Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Yeah restarted multiple times. Guess I'll just have to wait for me to get my internet. Thanks for trying!

Are you close to your neighbors? Maybe you can use their wireless network temporarily if they're within range or you have an extender that you can mount at an appropriate position within your house or bedroom...
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Even though you are offline, if you are able to try still putting in your username /password and logging into your account. Simmers are still able to log in even though they are offline. I think though that the message to activate your game may be preventing you from doing that.
    I am sorry that you are having this issue. Even though you are offline, if you are able to try still putting in your username /password and logging into your account. Simmers are still able to log in even though they are offline. I think though that the message to activate your game may be preventing you from doing that.

Yep. Getting into Origin isn't an issue. The pop up that asks me to sign into my EA to "activate" my game prevents me from playing.
    edited April 2016

Are you close to your neighbors? Maybe you can use their wireless network temporarily if they're within range or you have an extender that you can mount at an appropriate position within your house or bedroom...

Sadly not. My new house is in a secluded neighborhood primarily of mansions on massive gated properties. Not exactly an easy way to get connected to the neighbors wifi.
    Sadly not. My new house is in a secluded neighborhood primarily of mansions on massive gated properties. Not exactly an easy way to get connected to the neighbors wifi.

You can always try tethering your cellphone if you have an unlimited data plan?
    edited April 2016

Get almost no service there. Tried wifi hotspot, but like I said, no service.

Get almost no service there. Tried wifi hotspot, but like I said, no service.

Well, almost isn't none. You could try locating a position where the hotspot is able to connect then bridge it to another wireless router through a laptop so that your gaming system can access the connection over the LAN...
  • bob007bob007 Posts: 10,062 Member
    IDK - If your not getting cell service my suggestion would be to yell at the provider or switch cell companies. Get a wireless (cell based) data service until you figure it out.
    I do not work for EA nor do I have any association with EA. I am a gamer helping other gamers.