Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Interacted with Social Worker generated by 🐸🐸🐸🐸 date: Am I doomed?

trollnexustrollnexus Posts: 508 Member
So I remembered reading the sims wiki article on avoiding game corruption, and vaguely I recalled that if the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 matchmaker sends you the social worker, you should just ignore her and not go on the date, since trying to interact with her could corrupt the game.

So when my romance sim got her, I immediately ended the date without greeting her. It was a bad date, and she left without any relationship points built. I paid the matchmaker again to get a new date. But...it was the social worker again, because I didn't greet her the first time. So I thought, "Alright, fine, one Admire and then I'm kicking you to the curb." So my sim admired her, cut the date short again, and got himself a nice repairwoman the next time.

Now I looked up the wiki article again, and it actually says I shouldn't have interacted with her at all. I should have just deleted her. Oops.

Did I just doom my neighborhood/game with this one admire? Should I just start over at this point? Gah!

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    This is very unlucky case. Yes, you did doom your entire game, but don't worry. I have played with corrupted game, and not many bad things happend.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    This is very unlucky case. Yes, you did doom your entire game, but don't worry. I have played with corrupted game, and not many bad things happend.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it won't happen.

I have had corruption occur and it destroyed my neighborhood. I had invisible Sims that I could not control. I couldn't even cheat them dead, nor would they die on their own. A few graves disappeared.

Eventually, the neighborhood would have gotten corrupt enough that it wouldn't even load. Loading the neighborhood would eventually have crashed the game.

Through knowledge of SimPE and body shop, I was able to recreate the neighborhood.

HOWEVER, that's not to say that it will get bad enough for you to have any issues in your neighborhood before you get tired of playing it.

Corruption spreads via memories primarily. And memories are shared via talking to other Sims and by gossiping with other Sims. And depending on how fast the corrupted memories spread will determine how fast your neighborhood corrupts.

You could go 15 generations without an issue because your Sim never talked about their social worker date. Or it could go 1 generation because your Sim kept chatting up a storm about their horrible date with the social worker.

If you've saved the damage is already done. The decision on what to do next is up to you. You can continue playing until you either get bored of the neighborhood or until it gets too corrupted for you to enjoy it or you could cut your losses now and start a new neighborhood.

Personally, unless you'd feel comfortable learning SimPE, I'd just play the neighborhood until you get bored or until you can't enjoy it any longer due to the corruption. The only exception I would have is if I had just started the neighborhood. Then I might decide to just start over.