Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Consignment Shop - no cashier will appear....ever.

I have an Inventor sim and he has sold items at the Consignment store. Then, I couldn't get the option to Sell - only Browse - so I bought the consignment store. After that, the Cashier quit coming. I upgraded to level 3 and it said the store could open, but that didn't bring a Cashier. I sold the Consignment shop. The Cashier still never came. If my Sim goes to the store, the options for the register are greyed out and is only Browse/Buy. I moved it to a different lot in the world but that didn't fix it. I bought and sold again with no change. I've deleted and purchased the register - no change.

I've read there can be a problem with the Consignment and inventions but you can cancel your consignment items to get back to normal. Since I can't get a Cashier in there, I can't do that. Thoughts?

Thx!

Comments

• Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    Have you cleared your cache files? You seem to have tried everything else I can think of. Hope you get it sorted
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    Yeah, I clear my cache files pretty much every time I play. Seems like this is a problem for a lot of people but no one seems to have answers. I really didn't play with the Consignment shop because I only recently bothered with finding out how to sell my inventions there! I do have "Consigner" in my game but not "Register" (Nraas). Will try it again with that and see if I can get it to work. Fudge! :P
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Maybe @igazor can help you reset it with the Nraas DebugEnabler mod. I don't remember the exact steps or I'd try to help you with it and I'm off my game for the evening.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Thursday10pmThursday10pm Posts: 193 Member
    I was mulling this over in work today and I don't know if it'll help or not. If you have supernatural have you tried selling at the elixer store instead or has that cashier disappeared too?
  • Options
    I had read that someone else having this trouble (long ago) also had the issue with no one at the concession stands at the festivals. Me too! Anyway, I downloaded Register and put it in the game and I now have someone at the Consignment shop and Concessions! I put up a couple of things to sell and haven't been notified that anything has sold. Next time I'm in the game, I'll go to the shop and check it. I was also able to buy from the Concession stand. Haven't done anything more. I now, however, have a problem at the school....don't know if it is a by-product of the other...can't see that it would be but who knows. I'll have to check into it now. FYI, I seem to now have a lot of children in the neighborhood and no one enters the school. It's so bad that my Sim wasn't getting their homework credited as done. I deleted and replaced the school but that didn't help. I put another school in the neighborhood and, while I can't get anyone to go there (thought it would be to go to the closest so I'll have to research this, too!), at least the homework is being counted. They all still mill around the outside but.... Lordy but this is wearing. Thanks for giving this problem some thought. I'll have to see if I need to adjust anything or if it works as is. Wish me luck on the school issue! :)
  • Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

You can try going into Build/Buy mode then ...

[ctrl][shift][c] ... testingcheatsenabled on
    Then hold ... [ctrl][shift] ... Hover over register and click ... Select the Reset option.
    I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    mochachina1mochachina1 Posts: 34 Member
    A really random thing that worked for me was going into edit town, deleting the lot and changing the lot to no visitors allowed. I then went back into the game and saved. Finally, I went back to edit town, replaced and the lot back to consignment. Magically almost it worked and I've not had a problem since. Maybe this would help if someone had this problem but did not use mods.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys! So far so good. I went a second time to sell items. The weird thing is, I put 4 inventions up for sale (to check out if it was still working). Later I had my Sim go to his workbench to make more and it said there was no scrap. I'd recently had my Sim do some digging through at the junkyard and knew I had over 250 units but now none! Then I noticed that all his inventions in his inventory were gone - about 15-17. THEN, I noticed he had almost $250,000 in the bank, up from around $60,000!

As for the "Register" mod, it seems the only real option is to be able to assign whomever you want to run the cash register. Can't imagine why it would work for this problem but definitely can see no reason why all of the above would happen! :) But again, thanks for the input regardless. I'll keep this updated in case more weird things happen. Will have to start another post to figure out how to fix the school option.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    @columbia93 Ooh, some of this is exactly what was happening in a challenge I was working a couple months ago. Firstly, a consignment worker won't show up unless there is empty housing in the town where the game can put someone to take that job. They're not homeless sims. Register WILL add a consignment worker even if there isn't housing, or at least that's how I remember it. So, since there wasn't empty housing in this challenge town I was working on, I also added Register and got a consignment worker who was dressed in a sequiny little dress like a singer. Shortly thereafter, I had the same issue with kids not going to school. Also, the few sims I had in rabbithole jobs stopped going to work. When I hung around the school at the end of the school day just to see if anyone was leaving, I saw one sim who was labeled as a barista leave the building. It seemed to me that something had gotten very mixed up with sims jobs (and uniforms) perhaps because I added Register in the middle of the game and it shifted things all around. So, I then tried taking it back out, which did not fix the problem of no one going to work and school. Eventually, I remembered that you can use an option in MC to send sims to work/school, which is the one way I could get them to go, but I could not get the town back to "normal" with anything I tried.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Well. that's just awful! Ya know, my "family" has an Inventor dad and Architectural mom and 2 kids (now both teenagers) so I wouldn't have noticed anything wrong with the jobs. I might have to switch families to check that out. Now that I think of it, it does seem as though I'm getting more messages on SIm friends being demoted for not doing their jobs. You'd think that, if EA has the time to screw up the game 1 1/2 years after they quit supporting it (latest patch), they could have taken that time to actually make sure the game worked! As for the housing issue, I did have empty houses because I added 3 apartment buildings and 2 empty houses on 2 separate occasions AFTER the problem started with the Consignment store, just to try and make sure there were unemployed Sims.

As to the school, it just seemed like I suddenly had a ton of children in my town. Most of the kids blocking the school's entrance are "child" stage, wearing dark shorts and yellow t-shirts (Children of the Corn)....I've been playing this town long enough for my child & toddler to both be teenagers and the problem is fairly recent. I tried the "fixes" online of making one school for children and one for teenagers but that didn't work. The only thing it did is keep all of the kids at the original school and, when my Sim teen got an opportunity to fix the boiler, she had to go to the new school! They also have a "fix" for separating students by family wealth but I don't see the options they listed for doing that. I know I need to read more on Nraas mods but I copied most of the Interaction/FAQs from that site into a file on my PC to read "at my leisure" and it is over 400 pages! I've basically been counting on them (Nraas) to know what I need to do so I don't have to do anything else! :) Guess THAT party's over and I'll need to go through them somehow.
  • Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,436 Member
    @columbia93 Just FYI, I don't have the latest patch so at least the issues I was having aren't related to that. I wish I could help you with the schools problem, but I haven't tried dividing my population between two schools. The only thing I know is that you have to "do things" (which is probably the things you did) to change the school they attend.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    Well, after about 3 sim days, the "fix" finally took. I now have 1 school for teens and 1 for children. I'd rather have them separate by family wealth so my families with multi-stage sims can attend the same school, but I have no idea how to do that at this time. To separate by age, look under Nraas Story Progression and you'll see there's an option on the Lot to set the Caste/Group. It said to set one school to require Teenagers and set the other to disallow Teenagers. Pretty simple. It just took longer to shake out than what the instructions said. I need a few more Sim days to make sure I don't end up with a problem of not having teachers - something the FAQ cautioned.

I had noticed toddlers crying in the driveway across the street from my family's home. It is a teensy tiny home - my Arch Design sim had worked on it and it's a 1BR/single bed w/a single woman. I changed households and discovered this single woman has 7 kids now! 4child/3tod. How this game decided to generate that many kids, especially when there are no beds/cribs, is beyond me. But that's what I'm saying. I have at least a couple of dozen kids trying to get into school through 1 door and they seemed to just appear in town. I've not added any mods prior to maybe create a conflict so no idea where they came from. Will have to keep going through the instructions for StoryProgression and see if I can figure out how to put limits on the brats! :)

Just so you know, the latest patch wasn't much more than to make the game load Launcher through Origin. Just a way for EA to keep their paws in the midst of everything we do! Most of the mods didn't require an update...AwesomeMod didn't but I think Master Controller & a couple of others did. I mentioned your problem over at ModtheSims and someone responded that Consignment & Rabbitholes are unrelated so suspect you might have a mod conflict. I can't answer to it because of the self-employment issue. Might give it a try in a new world, just to see. It also seemed as though I generally had an empty house or two around town in the past but that sure isn't the case anymore. Sounds as though you have that same problem. I've got it on my list to go through StoryProgression because I read about limiting the population, etc. I've got no homes for newly marrieds to move to! Hope we can get this sorted out!