Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you played with the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family?

What do you shorten down Olivia's surname to? I'm actually pretty fond of the surname itself, so I can't make up my mind on how to shorten it.
752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif

Comments

• goldsimmeergoldsimmeer Posts: 274 Member
    I shortened it to just Olivia Spencer (as I like the sound of it the most)
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Olivia SK Lewis
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I just take away the Lewis and leave it spencer-kim..

Quick question, are the devs aware that her name is too long for cas? I wish they'd change that, I hate having to shorten her name like that....
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Quick question, are the devs aware that her name is too long for cas? I wish they'd change that, I hate having to shorten her name like that....
    Me too. The only way to keep it is to never edit her in CAS. In one of my saves, I used MC Command Center to let her have kids and make the surname pass on.

I believe her name exceeding the limit was probably an oversight on the devs' part. They may not have checked it before linking the surnames together. Or she could've been a sim they added at the last minute, so they didn't want to bother.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Both Alice and Olivia go by "Kim-Lewis" in my game. Lydia Spencer is out of their lifes for so long and Olivia probably never even knew her.
    I admit I haven't given this family much thought or played them for long other than hooking up the two elders with new partners.
  • MugglebumpMugglebump Posts: 52 Member
    I actually deleted the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family from the game that I am playing. Two of my Sims (Lisa London, and Billybob Babooshka) are happily married, however, Dennis Kim insisted on calling Lisa every 5 minutes to either "hang out" or go on a date, and Vivian Lewis kept on hitting on Billybob. This annoyed me to no end and so I took that whole family out of the game (and replaced them with a different family from the gallery... Mom, Dad and two young girls).
    If you got it, flaunt it.
    If you don't, flaunt it anyway!
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I just leave it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Well, here's something silly. Olivia's maternal grandmother and paternal grandfather don't exist! I checked the family tree and discovered her mom has no mom and her dad has no dad. In that case, I'm going to cut the "Spencer" part. No point in having a surname for a sim that never existed.
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    edited April 2016
    I've never played them, but my sims have interacted with them. In my first game the first born son of my sim family had an affair with Olivia and her mother. It was really interesting, Olivia caught them and didn't have any anger, she just crawled into bed.

The Spencer Kim family was eventually moved into the neighborhood in Oasis Springs I crammed all the defaults into until I decide to do something mean to them or kill them.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I always go with Kim-Lewis. We never see Alice's mom and she's only briefly mentioned in the household bio. Since her dad's last name is Lewis I never remove that part.

I do wish they'd fix it though, having to change her name ruins the whole family story
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah it's really frustrating that the last name is too long to save in CAS. And since I'm kind of obsessed with editing townies in my game I've always put Spencer as a middle name; First name: Olivia Spencer Surname: Kim-Lewis. That way I can edit them all I want and kinda keep the whole name :blush:

Off topic: Olivia is really pretty btw. Love her genes :blush: