Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidlerten's Showcase

Comments

• XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    fidlerten wrote: »
    If you put all your walls up first, then build the roofs, they will not show on the interior.

If this was an issue once upon a time, I'm pretty sure it's not an issue any more. I just tried doing it both ways, and found no difference between doing the walls first or the roofs first, at least with respect to whether the roofs stick into the space or not. That ought to make things easier, going forward!

Great house, by the way. I especially like the landscaping in front. The use of the stained glass bay windows is interesting, too: coming from Get Together, one normally associates them with the mediaeval/Tudor aesthetic, but in this context they actually look like Spanish accents.
  • fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    Thank you @Xinqun for the compliment. When I build, I don't much think about what items came from what package, just what I think works together. Inside I also used doors that probably are more medieval but I liked the look they gave to the interior better than the regular square doors. This is the first Tuscan style house I have built in TS4.
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
    My next home I have named Welaby Grace. The home is named after the lady who lived in it for many years, raising her children to be respectful of others. When they had all grown and moved away, she began taking in orphans as she wanted to continue to feel needed in the world.

The house is a 4 bedroom/3 bath home with a pool and cookout area to invite guest over, or just for the family to enjoy their day off. Please fave if you like it, download it if you want it in your game. Thanks! Welaby Grace Download Link

07-31-17_8-32-10nbspAM_zpsl8m1iy4z.png
    07-31-17_8-33-14nbspAM_zpss3azfdyt.png
    07-31-17_8-33-01nbspAM_zpsfxouvvg3.png

Video Slideshow
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Welaby Grace is a lovely, traditional home! I love the octagonal tower and the landscaping is beautifully lush! :smiley:
    Oh thank you @StSciurus I'm glad you like it. :)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    The exterior design of Welaby Grace looks very nice! :) Very nice tower and dome roofing! The open shutter windows look very nice how they are placed in the home. The cherry blossom trees in the garden look pretty! The lady who lives there sounds a very caring and kind person. Very nice corner upper balcony! Sims will enjoy sitting there looking out at the views and playing chess . The water fountains are nice in the outdoors. Nice nook areas for sims to have fun playing on the monkey bars and basketball, or enjoy swimming in the pool. They will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and dining outdoors in the air at the red umbrella covered table. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The patterned floor rug and the three mirrors on the entrance hall wall looks very nice! The coat stand is a homely touch. Very nice layout of the living room! The curtained windows sitting alcove is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing there with sunshine coming in through the windows. The photo pictures on the walls add a very nice look to the room! Nice study desk area for sims to enjoy sitting there using the computer. They will have fun playing foosball. Very nice blue colour scheme of the kitchen and dining room. The wall pattern and patterned rug under the table look very nice. The flowers on the dining table and the floral painting are pretty for sims to see when dining there. The type of dining seats used looks very nice, The curtains look so very nice in the room! Very nice family room! The blue colour of the seating looks very nice.The sims willl enjoy resting there watching tv, or enjoying playing or listening to the piano music. The sunflowers are a sunny touch in the room. The floor rugs in the room look great! The bath tub nooks in the bathrooms look very nice! The wall items are a touch in the nooks. Very nice furnishing of each of the bedrooms! The kids enjoy spending time in their bedrooms! It is nice that each have a different colour scheme . The ladybird rug in one of them looks very cute! The patterned hall way walls look very effective!
    It is a very nice family home ! :)

I'm always happy when you come by @rosemow and lay such nice compliments on me. Thank you very much. :)
  • RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wyatt Sands is a gorgeous Mediterranean home! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, really nailed the Mediterranean style! I love the complex shape and the window choices. The roofing is so fabulous too! Your landscaping is so very beautiful! Beautiful desert gardens! I also love the small pond out front. The covered patio with a pool looks very peaceful too! And your interior, so gorgeous! Beautiful furnishing of the home. Love the different color scheme in each room and the different theme in each bedroom, like the large green & monochrome bedroom, looks very classical!
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

Welaby Grace is another gorgeous home! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, very unique! Love the octagonal tower you did and the roofing. Your landscaping is very beautiful! I like the mixing between fences and hedges. I also like the cherry blossoms out front and the rest are so pretty. Love the backyard too with a beautiful pool. And your interior, beautiful! Love the different color scheme per room, as always! The living room is so cool too! I also like the different themes in each bedroom.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
    Thanks @RyeCris16 for the detailed compliments on each of my latest builds.

Honestly, it's not my first Mediterranean build as I know I built a couple of them back in TS3, but it is for TS4. The other houses I have built in Desert Springs have been Middle-Eastern.

I appreciate you coming by and taking the time to compliment my work, that's always encouraging. :smiley:
    @rosemow, this is the first I have heard about it. Thanks for telling me. I'll have to go look at the numbers. Also, thanks for the congrats. :smiley:
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    Oh my, it's been a little while since I visited last! I see some new additions to your showcase I see!

The Carlyle looks stunning! Love the roofing and the different windows used. It really gives it a unique look!

Wyatt Sands, congrats on the Maxis fave! :star::star: I have yet to try my hand at spanish style homes, but I do love the look of them. The landscaping you've done is wonderful too by the way! I love that living area with the large patternd carpets in red/orange tones, that's exactly how I picture this style of house to be decorated. You also create some amazing custom rugs with floor tiles :blush: Love the rustic kitchen with the stone walls too!

Wellaby Grace looks stunning! Looking at that dining room with those double curtains make me realize I have to experiment more with curtain options! It looks wonderful! I love the really colorful and vibrant kids room too :)

Lovely creations, I had a great time looking through your new homes!
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
    Thank you @Laebeth, it is so nice of you to stop by and flatter me with some praise. :)
  • FunkycormFunkycorm Posts: 50 Member
    Looks amazing!
    I appreciate you coming by and having a look @Funkycorm. Thank you!
    @rosemow, I swear you are up on everything that's going on when it comes to the Sims 4 website as you're the first to offer your congrats every time. Thanks a bunch and I always appreciate your devotion to making us creators feel special. That makes you special too.

Question: How do you find out so quickly?
    @rosemow, but where do you go to look to see what's been favored by Maxis? Curious simmers want to know. :)
    Hello :)
    When you go into the Gallery, on the home screen on the right hand side is a list of the creations that have been favourited by Maxis that day. The list is updated daily.
    Okay, thanks @rosemow.
    I finished two houses since the last time I posted on here.

Right now I just want to show off my latest. This house is a 5 bedroom/3 bath family home that was inspired by a house I seen on an episode of "Rise" the TV series. Its main feature is a double deck outdoor entertainment area in the back of the house, which includes two seating areas, a cookout area, Jacuzzi and a pool.

The indoors includes a gym/basketball court, a toddler's bedroom right off of the master bedroom, a butler's bedroom downstairs and two bedrooms for teens, a boy's room and a girl's room.

As always, no CC was used in this house and it has been play tested though not fully. There's a lot to do in the house so if anyone finds a problem, let me know.

Download Link: Quintenstal

A few featured photos:
    Quintenstal%20Coveshot_zpsettmpv1n.png
    05-24-18_9-25-34nbspPM_zpsp4djnnxt.png
    05-24-18_9-23-54nbspPM_zpsb0pv6sqw.png
    05-25-18_8-02-48nbspAM_zpsgeuaes6e.png
    05-25-18_8-05-04nbspAM_zpsjoovymwv.png
    05-25-18_8-12-59nbspAM_zpsrkjzsjyp.png
    05-26-18_8-43-53nbspPM_zpsqakobsfx.png

Here is the video slideshow on Youtube: Quintenstal Video

Thanks everyone!
    It is great to see you on the forums and your buillds again! :)
    Quintenstal is a very nice home! :) The exterior design of the home and the layout of the build looks very great! Very nice water fountain feature in the front area of the build, and the placement of the trees and bushes looks very nice. The design of the double backyard deck and pool patio area looks so very great! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub or have fun swimming in the pool. Very nice outdoors living sofa and armchairs nook on the deck. Sims will enjoy cooking on the bbq and eating the food in the outdoors air at the dining table. It is nice that there is a bar there for sims to enjoy having a drink with their meal.Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! There are many special feature areas throughout the home! Very nice blue and white colour scheme of the living room. Sims will enjoy sitting relaxing on the sofas there listening to the piano music being played, watching tv or playing console games. The patterned floor rugs add a very nice look to each of the rooms. The dining room is very nice place for Sims to enjoy eatng meals with sunshine coming through the windows. The indoors basketball court and gym equipment room looks very great ! The aquarium is a nice touch in the room. Very nice furnishing of each of the bedrooms! The layout of them is very nice. It is great that there is a bar counter in the master bedroom. Very nice sitting areas in each of the bedrooms. The wavy floor rugs in the young kids room looks so effective! The butterflies are pretty on the wall. The floral floor rug is a nice touch in the girl’s bedroom. The sports wall decor looks great in the boys bedroom. The pink and black colour of the dressing room with the vanity makeup table in it looks very pretty! The white blossoms wall picture is a nice touch in the room.
    It is a very nice home! :)
    @rosemow I told myself that the very first person who will reply with flattering compliments will be rosemow and you certainly did not disappoint. :) Thank you for your support of all of us who create things in the Sims environment. I guess you could call you our head cheerleader. I'm sure others will agree.

A couple of things: First, I noticed when I was play testing and taking photos that the extended roof on the right front did not quite extend far enough into the house and shows a bit. I fixed that afterwards before downloading but I didn't include it in the photos.

Secondly, the upstairs bathroom with the pink and black has three separate rooms for privacy. There's a main room with the sink and the vanity makeup table, then a room with glass windows for a shower and a bathtub, then a separate room for the toilet. I know how sims can really get flustered when their privacy is invaded and this way makes it possible for two or three sims to be using the bathroom all at the same time.

I always appreciate your nice detailed compliments, showing that you actually pay attention to things.