Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden aspirations?

I read somewhere on here that there is a hidden aspiration of "Grilled Cheese." Is this the only one? Once you've unlocked it, are you able to choose it in CAS or only for the sim who ate three grilled cheese?
Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.
My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game

Comments

• JoxerTM22JoxerTM22 Posts: 5,323 Member
    Never heard of it. Then again, CAS is something I rarely used, I'm more of throw dice, take what you get then play the game type.
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    This aspiration was added in Feb 4 patch.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,285 Member
    I don't know that it's a hidden trait, but it came with the anniversary download from EA. Sims is 16 already. It was a nod to Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited April 2016
    Your Sim has to eat three grilled cheeses in a row to unlock it :)
    And it's just per Sim, so it's not generally available in CAS at any point.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello,
    It is only unlocked after a sim eats three grilled cheese in a row. You are unable to choose the aspiration in CAS.
    This link has a guide to the levels of the aspiration. There is information about the sims 4 version of the asoiration half way down the page.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Grilled_Cheese_(aspiration)
  • Karu300Karu300 Posts: 437 Member
    edited April 2016
    Weird, I got one sim that some how has the Grilled Cheese aspiration. Fun fact, I never used that sim's household untill then and he already had it. Maybe he ate 3 cheese sandwiches on his own before I played him...He legit naturally loves Grilled cheese apparently.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Yeah, it's only for one sim specifically, whoever who eats 3 grilled cheese sandwiches in a row.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think some townies spawn with GC aspiration too.
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member
    Does it change the aspiration they already have? Or is it something you'd have to choose?

I have a spare in my legacy that I hate his aspiration, so I was thinking of having him try to get the grilled cheese aspiration.
    My Sims Website | The Kennedy Legacy ✓ | The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game
  • Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    Does it change the aspiration they already have? Or is it something you'd have to choose?

In The Sims 4 you can change your sim's aspiration at any time (without losing progress) in game. So to get the grilled cheese aspiration, simply get your sim to eat 3 in a row, and then the option will be available if you click on the button shown below.

aspirations.jpg
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member

I have a spare in my legacy that I hate his aspiration, so I was thinking of having him try to get the grilled cheese aspiration.

It won't change automatically but you can change it like all the other aspirations.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • MeadowThayerrMeadowThayerr Posts: 239 Member

In The Sims 4 you can change your sim's aspiration at any time (without losing progress) in game. So to get the grilled cheese aspiration, simply get your sim to eat 3 in a row, and then the option will be available if you click on the button shown below.

aspirations.jpg

I do know how to change it, but that wouldn't be permissible in a legacy unless their aspiration is completed, so I'll just have to try it on someone with a completed aspiration! Thank you, though.
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I remember this aspiration from TS2 after messing around with the Aspiration Changer. Actually, I really liked that one because it was so easy to fulfill and make your Sim happy. I got so many lifetime achievement points with that one!
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***

aspirations.jpg

I do know how to change it, but that wouldn't be permissible in a legacy unless their aspiration is completed, so I'll just have to try it on someone with a completed aspiration! Thank you, though.

Hello.
    I hope that the sim that you choose to do the aspiration will enjoy doing the required activities to achieve the aspiration :) They will need to eat the three grilled cheese in a row to unlock the aspiration first, then they can do the aspiration.
  • RoseElementRoseElement Posts: 1 New Member
    I think there may be another hidden aspiration called space dweller it showed up in a household I had never played with before on a child. It does not have a trait or anything. I kinda confuse about this.
    I think there may be another hidden aspiration called space dweller it showed up in a household I had never played with before on a child. It does not have a trait or anything. I kinda confuse about this.

Hello. Another simmer had this occur in their game
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27756.0
    Do you have any mods/cc in your game?
  • LisePusLisePus Posts: 1 New Member
    > @MeadowThayerr said:
    > I read somewhere on here that there is a hidden aspiration of "Grilled Cheese." Is this the only one? Once you've unlocked it, are you able to choose it in CAS or only for the sim who ate three grilled cheese?

Apparently the grilled cheese is not the only hidden one. Yesterday I moved a lady into my household and when I looked at her aspiration it was looking a bit weird so I checked it out and it sorta didn't exist. It was "chef" aspiration or "kokk" in my game (norwegian sims hah) and it had weirdly simple tasks in it like "getting ready for work by going to the bathroom and taking a shower" or "make coffee before work" etc. idk if anyone had discovered this one before but this was like out of the blue for me. The STRANGEST thing tho was that it said "talk to Alex" so uhm whointheworldisAlex so now I gotta find Alex aswell, nice.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    LisePus wrote: »
    > @MeadowThayerr said:
    > I read somewhere on here that there is a hidden aspiration of "Grilled Cheese." Is this the only one? Once you've unlocked it, are you able to choose it in CAS or only for the sim who ate three grilled cheese?

Apparently the grilled cheese is not the only hidden one. Yesterday I moved a lady into my household and when I looked at her aspiration it was looking a bit weird so I checked it out and it sorta didn't exist. It was "chef" aspiration or "kokk" in my game (norwegian sims hah) and it had weirdly simple tasks in it like "getting ready for work by going to the bathroom and taking a shower" or "make coffee before work" etc. idk if anyone had discovered this one before but this was like out of the blue for me. The STRANGEST thing tho was that it said "talk to Alex" so uhm whointheworldisAlex so now I gotta find Alex aswell, nice.

That's a bug.

The game is generating sims with tutorial aspirations for some reason.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited December 2018
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello. Another simmer had this occur in their game
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=27756.0
    Do you have any mods/cc in your game?

Can happen with MC Command Center than a teen sim (generated as teen or aged to teen when unplayed) can have this aspiration

At the link show the example of a CC aspiration, than you can choice it for any sim. But Grilled Cheese is hidden for you unless eat 3 grilled cheeses in a row (seem than for MCCC's story progression, even that is not hidden)
  • gll_frcgll_frc Posts: 1 New Member
    Once, I found a sims that had an aspiration that I thought didn't exist. The aspiration name was "athlete" with bonus trait called "ambitious" (nit the one you can find in the CAS with the cup image). This sim was a sim generated automatically by the game, so found it already with that aspiration, that on the CAS doesn't exist. Someone could explain me what the hell is that and how to "unlock" it if it's possible?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited January 2019
    @gll_frc that's the new tutorial ambition, which has four different versions (athlete, chef, painter, trendsetter) as seen in this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/951148/the-new-tutorial

edited to add: it's mentioned in that thread, but unplayed sims (either randomly generated townies or played sims in currently non-active households that age up) can be given that as their aspiration. fairly rare, but still happens, as you're seeing