Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No plans for toddlers or pets, says The Sims Latam.

Comments

• Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    AIIIIHHHHaiIIAIIHHAIAIIAIHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I....
    Wha....
    Huh....
    Wh.....
    N....
    Rea.....
    Ly......????!??!!!!?

NNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @SimGuruDrake for all your hard work and getting the company to understand the need for better communication! EA it's about time! ;)

I really hope they allow you to move into a more transparent and honest dialogue with the fans from now on :) It really does have a big impact on how customers feel toward the future to allow them to feel invested in your products going forward.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I knew that Drake would explain things eventually :smile:

I guess that the events from yesterday was a small misunderstanding and now players have an annoucement to look forward to
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Dutch MatrixDutch Matrix Posts: 4 New Member
    Please do not stone me just yet! I for one am glad toddlers are NOT part of the game this time around. Though I would not mind their inclusion, as I can age them up myself, having them about makes the life span of the Sim feel too long. Like I do not see any generational progress happening (I hate skipping a life stage) for a looonngggg time. My play time is a bit limited, being a working adult and all, so being a few generations down the line is a good feel for me. (I only started playing the Sims 4 seriously at the end of last year, though I got the game on release day.)
    Please do not stone me just yet! I for one am glad toddlers are NOT part of the game this time around. Though I would not mind their inclusion, as I can age them up myself, having them about makes the life span of the Sim feel too long. Like I do not see any generational progress happening (I hate skipping a life stage) for a looonngggg time. My play time is a bit limited, being a working adult and all, so being a few generations down the line is a good feel for me. (I only started playing the Sims 4 seriously at the end of last year, though I got the game on release day.)

Welcome to the forums :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Dutch MatrixDutch Matrix Posts: 4 New Member
    > @king_of_simcity7 said:
    > Dutch Matrix wrote: »
    >
    > Please do not stone me just yet! I for one am glad toddlers are NOT part of the game this time around. Though I would not mind their inclusion, as I can age them up myself, having them about makes the life span of the Sim feel too long. Like I do not see any generational progress happening (I hate skipping a life stage) for a looonngggg time. My play time is a bit limited, being a working adult and all, so being a few generations down the line is a good feel for me. (I only started playing the Sims 4 seriously at the end of last year, though I got the game on release day.)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Welcome to the forums :smiley:

Thanks!
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I really hope they announce multiple packs. Like a GP and an EP....But this is what it will be like: GP and SP :( Anyways at least we've got news!!! Which is AMAZING
  • mmoblitzmmoblitz Posts: 479 Member
    For those of you wondering about pets, you might find this article interesting: gameskinny.com/uyy2t/sims-4-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-late-2016-or-2017
  • darthvader4387darthvader4387 Posts: 27 Member
    Predicting that the news will be that The Sims 4 will be at E3 2016 and all major game expansions will be delayed for announcement until E3 2016 and we will be getting bug fixes till then :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    At face value this has the ring of truth about it but as @Gruffman says it has neither been confirmed or denied by the company. I should imagine the rumour mills will be going absolutely potty in the next week before the big announcement. This is going to be tiresome enough without stray tweets/FB so perhaps best to pick and choose what you think the most truthful and leave the rest.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I knew that Drake would explain things eventually :smile:

I guess that the events from yesterday was a small misunderstanding and now players have an annoucement to look forward to

....and speculate about :open_mouth::lol:
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Predicting that the news will be that The Sims 4 will be at E3 2016 and all major game expansions will be delayed for announcement until E3 2016 and we will be getting bug fixes till then :)

EA won't be at E3 this year, they're holding their own event.
  • rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

thumbs up
  • SimstopicsSimstopics Posts: 107 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Have you played Sims4 on a laptop? I mean, I find very little difference in the gameplay on a laptop versus playing on my pc. The laptop I have now clearly beats my third gaming pc as far as specs go. Laptops have come a long way in the last few years;and I believe they will replace pc's in the next few years. Perhaps this is on EA's radar and that is why Sims4 is looking more and more like an experiment in how to transition the Sims to mobile devices. They have tried PlayStation releases, cell phone apps and probably more than I am aware of. Before releasing new base games they have always posted the minimum requirements needed in order to enjoy the full effects of the Sims. So I was surprised when I read the requirements needed to play Sims4 after what was required to play Sims3.

The one thing that bothers me a bit about laptops is the fact they are very difficult to upgrade. Next month I am going to upgrade the video card on my fourth gaming rig. I will purchase it and install it myself thus saving me a bit of money, but it is still going to be spendy. I believe the resources that are needed to run Sims3 led to the somewhat early impending demise of my graphics card. Next year it will be time to upgrade my processor. These are things I know how to do myself so it's not a huge deal. Most Simmers are not that lucky.

You're better off with a custom gaming desktop. Definitely NOT a laptop considering that the only thing you can upgrade (without tearing the whole thing apart) is the RAM. And if you watched one of the very early press conferences about The Sims 4, they said the specs were going to be a lot lower than The Sims 3 so all players who couldn't afford the top notch gaming rigs could still play on their low end computers. Its not because they're transitioning to the smart phones or just consoles. Its because the engine and the way they built The Sims 3 was literally hogging resources from computers so bad that people computers just couldn't handle it the way it needed to. I build computers and do IT work in real life.
    Please do not stone me just yet! I for one am glad toddlers are NOT part of the game this time around. Though I would not mind their inclusion, as I can age them up myself, having them about makes the life span of the Sim feel too long. Like I do not see any generational progress happening (I hate skipping a life stage) for a looonngggg time.

If they add toddlers I'm hoping (praying) that they will do how they had in The Sims 3 with the option to change how long each age stayed in that cycle. Then that would solve everyone who has been complaining (not saying you in particular!) that the life span would then be too long.
    PS4: InDebtShopaholic, BrokeShopaholic, DaRealShopaholic
    Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
    Steam: BrokeShopaholic
    Origin: Simstopics
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Why did they have to pick the week I'm moving to announce a whole bunch of content coming to 4. :cry:
    I'd wait to see the content before getting too bummed. Good luck on your move, though.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
    Am I the only one who is slowly getting tired of all of this toddler talk now?

I mean I loaded up my old PC to work on some music and completely forgot about the forums. When I come back two minutes ago, every single thread that has new messages is about toddlers. I am not sure how I can describe all of this hype and as hype usually leads to disappointment, how bad could things be next week if the announcement is classified as negative?

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    mmoblitz wrote: »
    For those of you wondering about pets, you might find this article interesting: gameskinny.com/uyy2t/sims-4-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-late-2016-or-2017

Yeah, if that's true, Pets will be coming to Sims 4 PC (why wouldn't they?) Can't see EA going to the expense and trouble and not milking it properly.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2016

I'm really surprised at this statement, because the (normal) life span in the Sims 4 is short compared to the previous games. And those games still had toddlers. It would seem that since aging is shorter this time, it leaves enough room to add stages without making the life span too long. The game probably feels long now because there's just not much to do (especially if you do not have Get Together.) Besides, I'm confident that they will eventually let us choose the exact number of days for each age group.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    They say no plans for toddlers and pets at this time basically, they did not say no pets or toddlers period, so I do not get why this thread is making it look like we are never going to get them, anyway I also do not like that I can not leave the homes of My Sim chars, because if I do other things will not get done by the other Sims in family, then I have to hurry and make it right again when My other sim returns home, and another thing, I do not like at all that My Sims have their babies when I am not around, then I have to delete the babies and start all over cause the game gave them a name I can not stand, I have also made a complaint to EA about the fact that My Sims in families do not even know they are in a family, so I have to reintroduce them all , its ridiculous , I just hope that they fix things in the next patch.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Pets is a Given. At some point they will be coming to TS4.

Probably tied to a doghouse.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Pets in purses.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Hello Everyone! I’d first like to state that the only official SimGurus are those based in North America who are also members of the development / production / community team here at EARS. Any official statements regarding content for The Sims 4 will come directly from our offices here at EARS first.

Now that we have that out of the way, I’d like to give you something that is official and that I’ve been helping work on: On Tuesday, April 19, we will be providing you with a look at content to come to The Sims 4 in the next couple months. I will have more information for you about this then, but am excited for you to see what we have in store.

@SimGuruDrake you have hit the nail on the head here. This is the kind of communication I have been wanting since the game released, anything to keep players out of the dark is fantastic in my book.

I do have a question that you may or may not be able to answer however. When you say content coming over the next couple months, is this announcement similar to the one we saw in 2014 where they gave us a rough outline of 3 months and what different content to expect? Or is this singular to one pack and the promotion behind it?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    @drake_mccarty exactly my thoughts, which is it? ETA: Now that I have thought about it, I have my own answer since EP announcements or GP announcements are on a Tues. and the 19th is a Tuesday. So..GP..or EP is more like it, I think...just sayin'. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • VaharVahar Posts: 59 Member
    I just want "collections" it's just too hard anymore trying to find stuff...though pets, toddlers, and season would be awesome