Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

McDougal Legacy (COMIC-STRIP style!)

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Such a lovely house! Can't wait to see it finished <3
  • Options
    princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    //May or may not have sat down and read all 26 chapters in one sitting
    //May or may not be really obsessed
    //may or may not be inspired to get back in the Sims
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
  • Options
    Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Lovely house! I am glad to see Laura excited for the house after her past troubles with it. Maybe Laura will actually change to like family life - instead of just pretending to change. I really hope she will tell Charles the truth soon, he deserves it.
  • Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member
    @cecerose0208 @Sterretjeee @Julyvee94 Thank you so much! I'm so glad you guys loved the house! And I seriously can't wait to show you the house once it's furnished and decorated! :yum:

• Options
    @Julyvee94 Yes! Like Laura brought out the wild side in Charles and showed him how to have fun and live in the moment, I do hope the same happens with Laura and that, as you said, she starts liking family life and children for REAL!

• Options
    @princess2109 Oh hey there!
    dzaUX7CAG0Ihi.gif

If you have read all the 26 chapters and If you are really obsessed with the story, well then that makes me oh so very happy! :smiley:

And I would love to hear what you think about the characters and the story line and if you like where the story is headed and what you expect to see in the later chapters! Can't wait to hear from you!

And I'm so happy that my story really inspired you to get back in the Sims! :love: Yay!
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    @remi_narrow
    Hi! : D
    giphy.gif

Ooooh my goodness I love the story and the characters! It's so real??? I've seen so many back and forth relationships like Charles' and Laura's
    (Laura's roomie Eva might just be my current favorite character!)

you may not even care, but I'll be posting my half-randomacy here <3
    {just so you could see what you inspired <3}
  • Options
    @princess2109 Oh thanks for the awesome feedback! :)

you may not even care, but I'll be posting my half-randomacy here <3
    {just so you could see what you inspired <3}

And geez I'm so flattered! :blush: I can't wait to see your blog once it's complete and I'm really excited to read your randomacy!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Alrighty here's today's update! Enjoy!

PS: Be sure to look for the subtle clues in the advice that a special 'someone' is going to give Laura! ;)

Chapter 1.27 Girl Talk
    fi-1-27.jpg
  • Options
    Lol, I love Laura's excuse for the gossip :lol:
    I hope she wont take Cathy's advise to heart too much, she might just start disagreeing just to disagree
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I feel bad for Cathy that she's regretting her life's choices, but I'm happy she agrees with Laura's way of thinking. Lol that she called her brother manipulative though.
  • Options
    Charles? Manipulative??? NEVER
    //shot
    Cathy sounds like she's miserable :(

I'm in the same boat as Charles! What's wrong with kids??
  • Options
    Lol, I love Laura's excuse for the gossip :lol:
    I hope she wont take Cathy's advise to heart too much, she might just start disagreeing just to disagree

@Sterretjeee Haha I know right? :joy:

And oh yes she shouldn't go on opposing him and what if she starts neglecting his opinions or ignores whatever he has to say in a particular matter? :frowning: That wouldn't end too well! :/

• Options
    I feel bad for Cathy that she's regretting her life's choices, but I'm happy she agrees with Laura's way of thinking. Lol that she called her brother manipulative though.

@cecerose0208 But Cathy's known him since they were lil kids... so maybe, just maybe, she has a point? We'll see!! :grin:

• Options
    Charles? Manipulative??? NEVER
    //shot
    Cathy sounds like she's miserable :(

I'm in the same boat as Charles! What's wrong with kids??

@princess2109 Ooh I like how you're so confident about Charles! But my characters, each and every one of them, have some flaws and being manipulative will prove to be one of them in case of Charles! You'll understand for yourself in the upcoming chapters! ;)

And as far as hating kids is concerned, well Laura fears she'll be a terrible parent because she's never had good parents herself, you know, as role models. So she feels it's best to not have children! And this is only because (I'm sure you must have realized this, by now) Laura is the kind of person who prefers running away from her problems rather than facing them and coming up with solutions.
  • Options
    Laura is the queen of running away from her problems. I suppose she got that from her parents, so it makes sense that she's worried she's inherited some of their other bad traits too.

I can't wait for her to finally talk through it all with Charlie so he can ease her fears.

And I really can't wait to see what form this manipulation takes. Is he gonna get her drinking nectar and hide the birth control? lol
  • Options
    Laura is the queen of running away from her problems. I suppose she got that from her parents
    @cecerose0208 Oh my God! :love: Yes I never realized that... :fearful: Thank you for opening up my eyes :lol:

Of course her parents ran away from the responsibility of taking care of their daughter, they let their marriage fall apart and even their family :frowning: Poor Laura has only seen the dark side of marriage, of family and of parenting and she's afraid she might do the same to her child.

And yet she doesn't bother telling these things to Charles. 🐸🐸🐸🐸 she's messing it up again, isn't she? :joy:

I can't wait for her to finally talk through it all with Charlie so he can ease her fears.
    Do you really think she's going to talk? :lol:

And I really can't wait to see what form this manipulation takes. Is he gonna get her drinking nectar and hide the birth control? lol
    Bwahaha no none of that's going to happen! But something very dramatic will. So stay tuned! ;)

PS: Isn't it cool how, even as a writer, you keep learning and discovering new facts about your own characters' lives?! :love:
  • Options
    Laura is the queen of running away from her problems. I suppose she got that from her parents
    @cecerose0208 Oh my God! :love: Yes I never realized that... :fearful: Thank you for opening up my eyes :lol:

Of course her parents ran away from the responsibility of taking care of their daughter, they let their marriage fall apart and even their family :frowning: Poor Laura has only seen the dark side of marriage, of family and of parenting and she's afraid she might do the same to her child.

And yet she doesn't bother telling these things to Charles. plum she's messing it up again, isn't she? :joy:

Do you really think she's going to talk? :lol:

Bwahaha no none of that's going to happen! But something very dramatic will. So stay tuned! ;)

PS: Isn't it cool how, even as a writer, you keep learning and discovering new facts about your own characters' lives?! :love:

You're welcome!

Lol, nah, it's very cool. Your characters are so complex, I think you will continue to unearth new layers.
  • Options
    Here's today's update everyone!!

Chapter 1.28 Officer Croft?

fi-1-28.jpg
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 and @princess2109 I promise I will reply to y'all tomorrow morning! I'm just so exhausted right now, my brain is almost dead so it won't really co-operate and let me think :/ But tomorrow, first thing in the morning I will reply! Pinky promise! :yum:
  • Options
  • Options
    These two always give me pause. She wants to go out drinking tonight?? He wants to get sushi tomorrow? Well darn, let's just not even take a pregnancy test and live up life in complete denial, shall we?
  • Options
    No, no, no! No drinking for preggers Laura :lol:

Well..... I'm in the school of thought that a glass of wine if you are already a moderate drinker isn't the worst thing. And my doctor agrees with me. But, I certainly wouldn't be going out for "drinks" with an S if I thought I was pregnant.
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Wait, so are you telling me a pregnant woman can't have sushi?! :anguished:Ooops... My bad! I should've done some sort of research 'cause I had no clue and neither did I write 'sushi' on purpose! :joy: I should probably change that to some other international dish, maybe there's an Indian Restaurant and he wants to try butter chicken :joy: At least I know butter chicken is safe for everyone!

And as far as not taking a pregnancy test is concerned that's only because Laura doesn't want to think she's pregnant, and yeah like you said she's living life in complete denial of this fact.... And please forgive Charles, he had no idea a pregnant woman can't have sushi :lol:
  • Options
    @cecerose0208 Wait, so are you telling me a pregnant woman can't have sushi?! :anguished:Ooops... My bad! I should've done some sort of research 'cause I had no clue and neither did I write 'sushi' on purpose! :joy: I should probably change that to some other international dish, maybe there's an Indian Restaurant and he wants to try butter chicken :joy: At least I know butter chicken is safe for everyone!

And as far as not taking a pregnancy test is concerned that's only because Laura doesn't want to think she's pregnant, and yeah like you said she's living life in complete denial of this fact.... And please forgive Charles, he had no idea a pregnant woman can't have sushi :lol:

Well.... the sushi thing is not a hard and fast rule, but most pregnant women I've known have stopped eating it.

Google Search for why pregnant women shouldn't eat sushi