Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

McDougal Legacy (COMIC-STRIP style!)

14567810...Next

Comments

• Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @Sterretjeee Hah! Finally! :joy: I'm surprised that didn't come off as a shock to anybody! But I'm glad you're at least rethinking it!
    *heaves a very long sigh of relief* :lol:

People write letters they never send, or at least I did. But if she's actually is going to send that, that is a big surprise and makes me even more excited for gen 2 ;)
  • Options
    RosemaryMarieeRosemaryMariee Posts: 223 Member
    @remi_narrow I still have to read the very end of Gen 1 but I also can't wait for Gen 2!

gen8-banner-landscape.png

Join the heirs as they tell their stories through diary entries in Noble Doubt!
    TS3/TS4/Origin ID: RosemaryMarie

• Options
    remi_narrowremi_narrow Posts: 478 Member

@RosemaryMariee I'm waiting to hear what you have to say about the last few chapters! And I'm also equally excited for Gen 2!! :smiley:
  • Options
    @remi_narrow I really enjoyed the last few chapters! I'm going to put the rest of what I say in a spoiler box in case people aren't caught up or they read your story later...
    After we saw the bit where Laura (albeit in a dream) was abandoned by her parents at the park, I figured she was lying to Charles about them being dead. It's easier to say they're dead then it is to go through the experience all over again of explaining why they aren't in your life, in my opinion. I can see that there may be future issues between the two of them because she hasn't told him the truth, however, I think if he is sensitive, he might realize why she wouldn't have told him. It would be too traumatic; like reliving it all over again. Now, as for her illness, that is something that I definitely don't feel she should keep from him. She's already worried that not taking her medication is causing too many mood swings, hallucinations, etc. that she would have to explain away. It would be better if she just told him. I think he would understand (although if she waits too long to tell him, it would definitely be more complicated). Coming from Charles' point of view, if Laura keeps these two important things from him, he may wonder what else she's lied about or failed to tell him.

Which, in my opinion, creates a really good story! Conflict is what stories are all about. :smiley: Excellent job with your story telling!

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I am on to you @remi_narrow *makes squinty eyes* You know I'll be here for gen 2 when you get back
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Haha @remi_narrow I never picked up on your twist either, sorry! I figured she was writing to her deceased parents just to get her feelings out, never actually going to send it. Is the implication that they're actually alive??? :open_mouth:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @remi_narrow I really enjoyed the last few chapters! I'm going to put the rest of what I say in a spoiler box in case people aren't caught up or they read your story later...
    After we saw the bit where Laura (albeit in a dream) was abandoned by her parents at the park, I figured she was lying to Charles about them being dead. It's easier to say they're dead then it is to go through the experience all over again of explaining why they aren't in your life, in my opinion. I can see that there may be future issues between the two of them because she hasn't told him the truth, however, I think if he is sensitive, he might realize why she wouldn't have told him. It would be too traumatic; like reliving it all over again. Now, as for her illness, that is something that I definitely don't feel she should keep from him. She's already worried that not taking her medication is causing too many mood swings, hallucinations, etc. that she would have to explain away. It would be better if she just told him. I think he would understand (although if she waits too long to tell him, it would definitely be more complicated). Coming from Charles' point of view, if Laura keeps these two important things from him, he may wonder what else she's lied about or failed to tell him.

Which, in my opinion, creates a really good story! Conflict is what stories are all about. :smiley: Excellent job with your story telling!

@RosemaryMariee I'm glad you did! <3 Here's the rest of my response...
    You're absolutely right about why Laura preferred lying to Charles over telling him the truth about her parents! Another thing here, is that her statement "My parents are dead" has a metaphorical meaning by which she actually meant to say that they're as good as dead to her! She hates them so much that she now believes (and even wishes for) them to be dead.
    I agree with you that she should be honest about her illness because even tho he can't help her get cured, as Laura believes, he could at least be prepared for when she has her mood swings and be able to handle her better.
    Oh and yes, I loved your last statement. It's so true! :love: Laura's literally going to have a tough time once Charles finds out, and I'm afraid it could be too late by then; maybe Charles won't trust her anymore and might grow apart and distance himself from her :cry:

• Options

@OJenn LOL you know I'll be waiting here for you! ;)

• Options
    Haha @remi_narrow I never picked up on your twist either, sorry! I figured she was writing to her deceased parents just to get her feelings out, never actually going to send it. Is the implication that they're actually alive??? :open_mouth:

@CitizenErased14 Well...
    yes they ARE still alive! *whispers* don't tell Charles!

The thing is, even tho you guys hadn't noticed that now, you would've eventually realized it later on. So no worries! :smiley:

• Options

@RosemaryMariee I'm glad you did! <3 Here's the rest of my response...
    You're absolutely right about why Laura preferred lying to Charles over telling him the truth about her parents! Another thing here, is that her statement "My parents are dead" has a metaphorical meaning by which she actually meant to say that they're as good as dead to her! She hates them so much that she now believes (and even wishes for) them to be dead.
    I agree with you that she should be honest about her illness because even tho he can't help her get cured, as Laura believes, he could at least be prepared for when she has her mood swings and be able to handle her better.
    Oh and yes, I loved your last statement. It's so true! :love: Laura's literally going to have a tough time once Charles finds out, and I'm afraid it could be too late by then; maybe Charles won't trust her anymore and might grow apart and distance himself from her :cry:

Yes.....
    ... it's a metaphor. Which is why I think that could be forgiven. In her mind, she is not lying because to her, they are indeed dead. So, lying about her parents, to me, is different than lying about her illness. The thing about keeping her illness a secret is that it shows she does not trust Charles. She may have her reasons, and to her those reasons might even be justified, but it all comes down to trust. That's where I think Charles would have a problem. However, as I said, even if he could understand why she did not tell him about her parents, she has told one too many lies. Lack of trust can destroy a relationship, that's for sure.

• Options
    bad1788bad1788 Posts: 42 Member
    Just catching up on the story so far, but I love the comic strip implementation! I also think it's neat the story focuses on the weirdness of young adult life where I think a lot of people feel torn between knowing what to do with their life (More school? work? School that maybe won't lead to work?) so it's kind of relate able. Which is maybe a weird thing to say about someone's SimLit when your an adult, obviously drama and hijinxs are in store but the first few posts are pretty realistic which is different from most SimLit I've read in the past.