Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dragon Valley Legacy (NIF Challenge) ... "Earning Their Stripes"

BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
Edited to Storyline
I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
Post edited by BlackSand on

Comments

• KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Nice little start to a story you have going here. :) And I really like the history you've written for Hidden Springs. It's one of my favorite towns and I love how everyone has a slightly different take on it.
  • jelly13beanzjelly13beanz Posts: 33 Member
    sims ♥
    jelly13beanz_zpsyy2g7nxg.gif
  • BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited May 2016
    Edited to Storyline
    @KaytayRoall and @jelly13beanz ... Thanks for the kind comments.
    Have A Lovely Day ... And Happy Simming!
    edited May 2016
    Edited to Storyline
    Amanda’s Challenge Changes
    I think an NIF will probably make a more challenging story.

I liked the 4x4 Challenge … But it was still a little too easy for my style of gameplay.
    I spend more time achieving goals than just wandering around with my Sims.
    Because of this … Their household funds never seem to be a problem.

In light of that ... I decided to review some of the other challenges … Mainly the NIF Challenge at Mod the Sims.

After reviewing the specifics and making a plan I decided to start over with a combined challenge.
    I started fresh with the original Amanda in Dragon Valley.
    I am using the rules for both the 4x4 challenge and the NIF challenge.
    The plan was to start in an empty world with no support lots … Which I removed everything (even the empty lots).

I left a single 64x64 lot in the town and started from there.
    All Amanda did was garden (with seeds she found wandering around) and go fishing.
    Eventually she was able to grow plants and catch fish that would bring in decent money.
    Amanda started experimenting with alchemy and found some interesting discoveries along the way.
    Over time Amanda was able to build her dream house for starting a family.

NIF%20001_zpsscexoieg.jpg

After the use of alchemy ... Amanda experimented with magic combined with her love of the outdoors and basic skills.
    Now there is a very powerful Druid living in the empty lands of Dragon Valley.

NIF%20002_zpsk9sjn6wa.jpg

Her house complete and rather empty (of Sims) … Look here for the NIF Challenge as it unfolds.
    If anyone is wondering … It took 98 Sim days to earn enough money to build the final house.
    The total value of the lot and everything on it 384,000.
    I have to agree about the 4x4 challenge being rather easy. I hope you have fun with the NIF challenge! I had to look up the rules and it sounds like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to build a town from scratch and I like the way that it's integrated with gameplay. Anyway, looking forward to how this unfolds and seeing your progress! :)
    I have to agree about the 4x4 challenge being rather easy. I hope you have fun with the NIF challenge! I had to look up the rules and it sounds like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to build a town from scratch and I like the way that it's integrated with gameplay. Anyway, looking forward to how this unfolds and seeing your progress! :)

@KaytayRoall ...Thanks ... And I don't want to knock the 4x4 Challenge.
    I imagine that some people can find it more pleasant if they have a different style of play.
    It was a bit more challenging without any support from a town.

I mean until I could catch some decent fish and happened to find a Red Berry Bean coffee bean ... Money was harder to come by.
    There is no Consignment Store (well right now there is nothing but a single house) ... So everything is the result of work one way or another.

I also went with the "Druid" idea ... And there are very limited electronic in my game.
    Amanda isn't a Technophobe ... But there is no television nor computer etc ...
    She has a hot tub, fridge and stereo ... She doesn't even use electric lights in the house (candles).

I just didn't tell a huge story about the 4x4 Challenge part because it was a lot of the same old stuff day to day.
    There weren't a whole lot of high points along the way ... Get up, work the garden, eat, fish, eat again, get some kind of study in and sleep.

I suspect it will get more interesting as her family grows and I add more lots to the town.
    Right now ... She knows one other Sim ... The burglar (a woman).
    Out of the need to socialize ... They have become best friends.

edited May 2016
    The Holland Legacy Begins … Dragon Valley NIF Challenge

Living alone in Dragon Valley, Amanda has had time to perfect her skills.
    She has made a reputation as an excellent gardener, angler and alchemist.
    Peddling her goods to outside traders … Amanda has managed to earn enough to build her homestead.

NIF%20000_zpsnsnv3l3d.jpg

Trading has been was rather simple.
    She makes drops where someone can collect her wares and in turn, leave payment.
    She never meets the traders face to face … And they are cautious to leave her alone to her work.

During her time in Dragon Valley … Amanda only sees one other person.
    A would-be burglar that attempts to steal some goods from her house one evening.
    After a brief scuffle … The burglar, most certainly on the losing end … Amanda decides to be more hospitable.

Over time they get to know each other better … Eventually becoming best friends.
    There are occasions when Amanda invites Daniela over for dinner and just good company.
    Daniela begins to show more and more interest in Amanda’s work … And changing her ways.

NIF%20001_zpsgcn4xazw.jpg

After spending the night over at Amanda’s house one evening Daniela decides to ask ...
    “I know it must seem odd … But do you think you could teach me some of this stuff?
    I won’t get in the way … I promise.”

Amanda replies …
    “I have seen your interest in my work … But it is more than just a job.
    It takes discipline and skills you will need time to learn, and not just something you can jump into.”

Daniela is quick to try and convince her…
    “I know it would be giving me chance you don’t owe me.
    I love seeing what you have done here … It’s a long way from the small hut were we first met.
    I promise I will give my best … I love this place … And I admire your work.”

Amanda ponders everything for a moment and then decides to take Daniela on as an apprentice …
    “Okay … I can let you come work with me … But there are going to be some guidelines.
    My house … My rules … I have room for you here, but you need to understand my concerns.
    No sticky fingers … You give me an honest attempt … And we will get along fine.
    I expect your best … I know you have it in you if you try.”

Daniela, excited, and relieved Amanda is willing to entertain the idea …
    “I can do that … I don’t have much now … And nothing I am not willing to part with.
    I might not be the sharpest student … But I can learn.
    I look forward to the opportunity … And will try my best not to let you down.”

Weeks go by as Amanda progresses training Daniela.
    There is a steady diet of gardening, and fishing … But Amanda also introduced Daniela to the arts.

NIF%20002_zpszclxlblf.jpg

Each day involves at least some kind of physical training.
    They run everywhere they need to go … And Amanda purchases a few machines.
    She isn’t found of a lot of modern technology … But she likes music.

NIF%20003_zpsejyx5nbm.jpg

NIF%20004_zpsj2ype1u8.jpg

Daniela is proving to be a very good student … She catches on quickly and is eager to learn.
    Once Amanda introduces Daniela to magic … They almost know their paths are tied together.
    Secluded in the valley … The two begin to grow closer through their work and everyday lives.
    Perhaps for reasons unknown their paths had crossed outside Amanda’s original hut for a reason.

NIF%20007_zpsjqiuxkyq.jpg

In any case … Things are starting to get interesting around Holland Manner.
    The two are comfortable together … And everything seems to be working out well.
    Amanda no longer treats Daniela like a subordinate … And more like a partner in every way.

NIF%20006_zpsdtjzgo2e.jpg

NIF Challenge ... Go with what you got.
    Time Passes In Dragon Valley … Although At A Slower Pace

Amanda and Daniela explore the valley and hone their skills.
    Day in and day out they work diligently to establish a decent relationship and homestead.
    Amanda plays with magic … Maybe where she ought not, but to what she feels is a good end.

NIF%20008_zpsbcis0zbg.jpg

After a long time she finally announces the news to Daniela …
    “I know this is more than you could imagine … But We are pregnant.”

Overwhelmed with questions, Daniela manages …
    “What … I mean how … No, I mean that is amazing.
    Is it true … Your pregnant … It’s our child?”

Trying to give Daniela assurances, Amanda answers …
    “Yes, it’s ours … We are blessed I would assume.
    Before long there will be a little Holland running around here.”

NIF%20009_zpsgibwqdan.jpg

At first Amanda had felt assured the thought of having a child was perfectly alright.
    As her pregnancy progressed, she began to wonder what the bigger picture would be.
    There were no other families in Dragon Valley … Not even a hospital where the child could be born under the care of a trained physician.

NIF%20011_zpspcicswvn.jpg

Although it isn’t that much of a surprise … Daniela is always there to bring Amanda back to the joy.
    She is excited and ready to face the challenge … Of course she isn’t hauling around a few extra pounds.

NIF%20012_zpssiio7sdf.jpg

One morning while Daniela is preparing to work in the garden … Amanda jumps from her rocker.
    “It’s Time … This baby is coming.”

NIF%20013_zpsyz7i8rqb.jpg

Daniela is just as anxious as Amanda at first … But after an hour …
    “I know you are in pain, but there is nothing I can do at the moment.
    I am going to be right here if you need me … Just try to relax.
    Everything will be fine."

NIF%20014_zpscuzrm76x.jpg

Amanda thinks to herself …
    “Everything will be fine she says … Just relax.
    I got some everything will be fine just relax for you.
    If I wasn’t pregnant with your child … I would whoop up on you like the first night we met.”

After a few hours of discomfort … The contractions came again.
    This time she was certain the baby was coming.

NIF%20015_zpstf30mhan.jpg

Okay … For Starters On A Side Note

NIF%20020_zps2xkm6bdf.jpg

I haven’t played a lot of witches nor children … I had no idea the broom came with training wheels.
    That cracked me up … I was like … “Why, brooms fly” … Then I remembered to be goofy again.

Back On Track … In Dragon Valley

Sure enough the baby comes as expected … Ten fingers and toes along with all other required parts.
    It takes a while for Amanda and Daniela to get in the groove of taking care of a baby.
    Soon enough he … Andrew Holland … Is growing.

NIF%20016_zpsliyprm6e.jpg

Amanda and Daniela split the duties around the house.
    They both take part in Andrew’s development … Switching tasks daily to both have a steady influence.

NIF%20018_zpsinyv1tg8.jpg

They are so happy Andrew has come along.
    Not to mention fairly pleased with the fact he sleeps through most of the night.

NIF%20017_zpsohxcjxln.jpg

NIF%20019_zpsrzzdybrx.jpg

Paying attention not to let other things slip … They still maintain a strict regimen for their activities.
    Andrew is learning fast … And the days seem to fly by.
    It isn’t long and he has outgrown his toddler’s clothes.

NIF%20022_zps4rvxlsf1.jpg

NIF%20021_zpsy7bkzkpo.jpg

Amanda and Daniela do the best they can to teach Andrew everything they know.
    There is no school in the valley and it is too far to travel to the closet one.
    They teach him to fish and read … As well as how to reason things out.
    They introduce Andrew to activities and staying fit.

NIF%20023_zps3mjyakzj.jpg

NIF%20025_zpsbga2lohs.jpg

Okay … So Moms Sometimes Have A Little Fun Too!

NIF%20024_zpstwxrfxkz.jpg

Oddly enough he likes sushi … And when asked … He doesn’t offer any other alternatives.
    “I caught the fish … And if you would let me make dinner, I would make it myself.”

It isn’t long until another birthday arrives.
    Andrew seems to be growing into a fine young man.

NIF%20027_zpseddjsqxr.jpg
    "Go with what you got" indeed, lol. Congrats on your second generation! Andrew is a handsome young man. :) Have you decided what community lot to establish first?
    edited May 2016
    "Go with what you got" indeed, lol. Congrats on your second generation! Andrew is a handsome young man. :) Have you decided what community lot to establish first?

@KaytayRoall ... Thanks for your comments.
    Have you tried the NIF Challenge?

I thought about putting in a family Nectary or a School.

I haven't been using cheats ... So a Nectary would require either disqualifying a member or building a lot on their option first.
    I think I read that part correctly in the rules about traveling abroad.

The school is kind of out for the moment ... I only have one student and can live without the extra traits.
    Andrew got Frugal as the extra trait I didn't get to choose ... And walks around wanting to turn lights off ... Meh.

I thought about going with a City Hall ... Or a Consignment Store.
    The City Hall offers a lot of self-employed jobs ... And I see that working well in a new community.
    The Consignment Store offers local trade ... And that is good for obvious reasons.

Don't really need to worry about a Police Station at the moment ... Since the burglar is in the family and not stealing anything.

So to actually answer your question ... I am going to wait and see what the mascot (young lady) has for a LTW or in traits.
    I will probably build a community lot where she can do the things she wants ... If she ends up liking Andrew.
    He still has a little ways before he is a young adult though ... Lots of skills to learn.

I am also using the Random Legacy option ... Which means I have to find creative ways to move new people into the town.
    I kind of want to keep the town small for a while ... And explore the options in the rules to make it unique to my challenge.

I won't suggest that I mind one bit there aren't a bunch of crazy Sims running around at the moment.
    I am trying to figure out if putting a Town Hall in will be best ... That opens up the "adoptions" option and will add another bloodline.
    At least I think it will ... I have hardly ever played families ... So that is a learning curve.

It will be fun to get to know the town as it grows.

I haven't tried the NIF challenge, but I took a peek at the rules. It sounds like a lot of fun and is really tempting, but I just embarked on a Going Solo challenge, which is also of very considerable scope, so I don't want to pick up another really big challenge at the moment.

The Town Hall sounds like a good first choice, since it unlocks so much. Basing it on Andrew's potential partner's traits/LTW also sounds clever, though.

I like your idea of getting to know the town as it grows and am looking forward to seeing how your challenge continues to develop. :)
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    I've always enjoyed seeing a NIF challenge played out. So interesting to see a town grow somewhat organically. Also enjoying the pictures and story line. Looking forward to more!
    @Starsaphire2 ... Thanks and it has been challenging.

This early in the challenge there isn't a lot of trouble to get into.
    The Sims do a lot of work ... And build up their skills.

It will become beneficial though ... Because the skills help unlock community lots.
    I started playing through Andrew's teen years ... And now things are unfolding as a young adult.

The storyline will expand after the next installment.
    I just started having some fun ... Got a little ways ahead of where I left off.

Will catch things up a little in the thread ... Thanks again.

The Toddler Becomes A Teen

Andrew embraces his new freedoms and responsibilities as he becomes a teen.
    Isolated in the valley … He has little opportunity to get into much trouble.
    He gets lonely at times … But understands what his parents are attempting.

NIF%20031_zps9slpjg8x.jpg

Absent a school and any kind of formal education … He sticks to his studies around the homestead.
    As well as advancing in science and writing … He carries a full load around the house.
    Staring every day gardening … Then catching fish to replenish his fertilizer supply.

NIF%20029_zpsnhrmswvv.jpg

Like his parents … He holds to a strict exercise program.
    He enjoys the outdoors … And the family often finds time for games in their busy schedule.

NIF%20028_zpsj9pibfrr.jpg

NIF%20030_zpsdq0brdgj.jpg

In the basement … And away from prying eyes … They practice and advance in their magic and alchemy.
    Andrew is becoming certain that he can provide for himself.
    The skills he is learning already contribute to the household.

NIF%20032_zpsmupkwlcw.jpg

Finally … Andrew is growing to a point he decides he needs to make long-term plans.

He approaches the subject with his parents.

NIF%20034_zpse48phvw6.jpg

After a particularly productive day ... Certain his parents are in a decent mood …
    “We need to talk … I need to get some ideas on what my opportunities are at this point.
    You know I love the valley … But it’s lonely here sometimes.
    I appreciate what you are doing here … I want to help build a village in our own way.
    I just don’t want to be alone with my parents forever … Have you thought about this?”

Daniela smiles and replies …
    “Of course we have thought about things … And I am glad you have come to us with it.
    We are willing to teach you all we know …
    But never think that you are not free to do with your life what you see fit.
    We want you to stay here in the valley … But that has to be your choice.”

Taking a break from exercising, Amanda adds …
    “We haven’t talked about this before now …
    Because we wanted you to decide how you wanted to address the issue.
    For all we know … You could have gotten fed up with our rules and ways … Packed a bag and left.
    These things are always your choice … It is your life.
    I am glad you want to talk about staying … And the possibilities that can offer.”

Daniela continues …
    “We have an offer … One we think is both fair and appealing.
    You are close to the age we expect you to take on some more of your own responsibilities.
    Your studies are almost complete … And you have proven to be both responsible and a hard worker.
    If you finish the rest of your studies … And plan on staying in the valley …
    We can make things easy for you.”

Amanda snickers …
    “What your mother is saying … Is that we are willing to set you up here in the valley.
    There is one more requirement though … You have to be married first.
    If you get married and intend to stay … Set roots here in the valley … We will build you a house.
    You have handled some of the trade … And are a born businessman.
    We have taught you how to keep the books … And you know we aren’t broke.
    You are part of this family … You have contributed much already … We would be happy to help.”

Soaking things in … Andrew is quick to find humor in the last requirement …
    “That sounds great … But if you haven’t noticed … There isn’t a whole lot of eligible ladies running around.
    Unless I am planning on marrying a swordfish or chipmunk … That’s going to be tough.”

Daniela laughs …
    “I thought you really liked chipmunks … There goes our whole plum plan … plummit!”

Amanda tries to reassure him …
    “Of course we don’t have everything figured out … But have a few ideas on that.
    If what I am working on does not turn out alright … We will think of something else.
    In the meantime … How about you go fix dinner.”

NIF%20033_zpsgnunb5n2.jpg

That is quite the offer they've given him. The lack of eligible ladies is a bit of a catch, but it sounds like Amanda has a plan. Interesting... :) Can't wait to see where this is going.

I love the photographs you've used to decorate the house, by the way. It's a very nice personal touch.
    edited May 2016
    That is quite the offer they've given him. The lack of eligible ladies is a bit of a catch, but it sounds like Amanda has a plan. Interesting... :) Can't wait to see where this is going.

I love the photographs you've used to decorate the house, by the way. It's a very nice personal touch.
    Thanks @KaytayRoall ... I appreciate your comments.
    I have to say (because I have already played a part of it out) ... Things get a little more involved.

As for the offer to build Andrew a house if he follows through ... They weren't kidding (although he isn't married yet).
    I may be a little biased since I built it ... But I think it is a nice house.

NIF%20035_zps8ygh3fpo.jpg

I did get tired of looking at the same art all the time though ... And the pictures are quick and good enough.
    I have my Sims take photos all the time ... And after a while ... I get ones I really like.
    The key is ... Go somewhere, have fun do what you are going to do ... And snap a few shots when you see something you like.

If you take 100 pictures ... Sooner or later there will be one you really like.

Wow, thanks for the sneak peek! Andrew's new home is looking very nice! All those arbors are lovely. :)

I only recently tried in-game photography and it is quickly becoming one of my favorite skills. I agree, it's quick and easy enough to have your sims snap a few shots while they are going about their day and get some very nice pictures out of it.
  • Starsaphire2Starsaphire2 Posts: 315 Member
    The house is lovely! A different look for Dragon Valley. Populating a town with such limited resources has got to be a challenge indeed. ;)
    The house is lovely! A different look for Dragon Valley. Populating a town with such limited resources has got to be a challenge indeed. ;)

Thanks @Starsaphire2 ... And I am going with a little different look.

I thought about setting Dragon Valley in a certain time/style ... But I also think there are problems with that.
    It's more difficult to live in two different worlds.
    There are too many things that cross the line between the present and the past that are an integral part of the game.

The houses just don't have a lot of electronics in them ... A fridge, a stove and indoor plumbing are included.
    I do plan on using most of the Public Buildings that come with Dragon Valley when I add community lots.
    But I am not setting the game in the past nor foreign land ... I am setting it in a place where people are going to choose (or be chosen) to be.

So ... The houses will be nice and a combination of Ancient Roman/Mediterranean/Early European/Modern design.
    Pretty much a place unto itself ... Built in a time where ideas out rule cultural/societal restraints.

Kind of like that movie The Village without all the garbage nor the need to make the children/people want to stay.
    I think it will be interesting to see where some of this goes ... A blending of traditions with some insight from more modern ages.

Operation Bait Bucket

Amanda and Daniela are proud Andrew has grown into a fine young man.
    Perhaps it was easier in the isolation of the valley … But, that is one of the benefits of idea.
    Still trying to figure out a way to entice a young lady to at least come visit … Amanda sets things in motion.

Andrew is walking to the kitchen to grab some chow when he notices something on the table …
    “Hmm … What the heck is this?
    Looks like that welcome package the woman who came by a while ago dropped off.
    I wonder what is doing here?”

NIF%20036_zps4xrcojd4.jpg

Rooting around in the pail … Andrew comes across an exam regarding scholarships to University.
    He has never been through the doors of a school … But decides to take the exam anyway.
    When finished, he calculates his results.

NIF%20037_zps4vdktenq.jpg

Excited and barely able to contain himself … Andrew hollers …
    MOM … Where the heck are you?
    You have got to see this."

Daniela is busy exploring, but Amanda grins before answering …
    “Be there in a minute … I think there is a wasp in the curtains up here.
    Be a sweetie … Roll up some paper and bring it to me so I can swat this booger.”

Andrew has lived long enough with his mother to know when she is messing with him …
    “Get down here mom … I know this bucket didn’t get here by itself.
    You know dang well what I am talking about.”

Amanda is already on her way down as she speaks …
    “Give me a second would you?
    You know how us old folks are … Don’t want to fall down the stairs and break a hip or something.”

scholarship_zpsjdvywjub.png

When she makes it downstairs, Andrew just hands her the results.
    Amanda takes a minute to review them as Andrew waits eagerly.

NIF%20038_zps5pxbvvzh.jpg

As Amanda looks up … Andrew blurts out …
    “That’s great isn’t it mom?
    I never thought you and Daniela were teachers … But it looks like you did just fine.

Amanda smiles and responds …
    “We have the benefit here of fewer distractions.
    You pay attention during your studies … And that leaves more time to do other things.
    But you are smart anyway … A good kid … And hard worker.”

Pausing for a moment she continues …
    “So what do you think … It’s a full scholarship opportunity?”

NIF%20040_zpsuvencoms.jpg

Shocked … Andrew questions Amanda …
    “What do you mean … I don’t know what you are asking.
    I thought we talked about this already … And University wasn’t in my plans.
    Are you saying you want me to go … Does Daniela know that you …”

Amanda cuts him off …
    “You know your other mother and I talk about everything … Of course she knows.
    Sometimes we agree and other times we don’t.
    But this is about what we owe you … Not about what we want.”

NIF%20041_zpskccwktvk.jpg

Amanda gets a serious tone (one she doesn’t indulge in often).
    Andrew feels a pride when his mother speaks again …

“You told us you want to stay here in the valley … And we love that idea.
    We respect you … And your wishes … But this is bigger than most things.
    You could go anywhere and do anything you want … And free University is not something to laugh at.”

Andrew gets a little goofy (nervous when Amanda starts pushing)
    “Well I’m laughing … Who wouldn’t?
    You guys don’t know what this means to me … You have given me everything.”

NIF%20043_zps6udvchj4.jpg

Cutting him off again, Amanda responds …
    “Don’t fool yourself … You earned it … Simple as that.
    Even so … We would like you to give things another look.
    I will set up another appointment with the University recruiter … Let her come out and talk to you again.
    We would hate for you to regret your decision later on.
    We don’t want to be the only reason you stay.”

Giving his mother a hug, Andrew replies …
    “Y’all are a good enough reason to stay … But I will go along with your idea.
    Thanks again for everything … I am a lucky young man.”

NIF%20044_zpssrnycgta.jpg

Daniela gets in late for her exploring and after Andrew has gone to bed.
    A good soak in the hot tub is called for and Amanda catches up with her there.
    They trade a little small talk on Daniela’s day … Then dig into the events with Andrew.

NIF%20046_zps5pv9qrdc.jpg

Daniela asks …
    “How did it go with Andrew … Your plan working so far?
    Did he take the exam … Or how did he do?”

Amanda (keeping a straight face) answers …
    “You know he found the bucket … That boy doesn’t miss a thing.
    I hate to say it though … He did terrible … Think he missed a question in quantum physics.
    Hey … That’s your department isn’t it?”

Daniela giggled …
    “Stop it … You are just bad.
    I want to know how he really did … I don’t know why we put up with you?”

Amanda shares the giggle …
    “Well I don’t know about Andrew … But I think I have an idea of why you put up with me.
    And what are you talking about … You know he did awesome?
    He scored as high as he could … Looks like we did a good enough job.”

Daniela presses for the rest …
    “What about the rest … How did that go?
    Was he mad … Did he understand?
    Did he go for your idea to talk to the recruiter again?
    Plummit woman … Am I going to have to beat the details out of you?”

Amanda fills Daniela in …
    "As tempting as the idea of you trying to beat the details out of me may be …
    I am shocked you think my plan might not have worked.
    I already called her … Set up dinner next Tuesday.
    Andrew thinks he is just doing us a favor … She thinks she is coming to recruit a fine student.
    I’ll talk to her when she comes … Maybe we should break out a bottle of the good stuff.”

Daniela laughs …
    “Yeah … Well promise me you won’t be turning her into a toad if she doesn’t jump at your idea.
    Things are fine now … But you like getting your way.
    Just promise …”

NIF%20045_zpsqt0advvx.jpg

The following morning, Andrew goes out by himself for a run.
    He is mulling over the recent events … Hasn’t really understood his opportunities before.
    It was big a decision … And he wondered what the recruiter could add.

“Ah yes … The recruiter … If I remember correctly, she was nice looking.”
    Haha! I laughed out loud as soon as I read the title. Clever set-up on Amanda's part. :) I hope it works out!

If only school in the real world was more skill-based...
    edited May 2016
    Haha! I laughed out loud as soon as I read the title. Clever set-up on Amanda's part. :) I hope it works out!

If only school in the real world was more skill-based...

Thanks @KaytayRoall ... Things may work out.
    Yeah ... His moms are a force to be reckoned with ... They have fun anyway.

Oh ... And schools in the real world are skill-based to some extent ... Just not the skills we were taught.
    Throw in an extra dose of agenda ... And your child will be able to tell you how Global Warming will kill us all.

Probably even before they can write their name (if you didn't teach them how to before they went to school).