Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring back the newspaper

13...Next

Comments

• JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    I miss that option as well...although sometimes my sim wouldn't read the paper for days and they'd pile up on the lawn!
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    With every sim having a smartphone, I don't think a newspaper is needed anymore. It's one of the old metaphors of the other games that I think won't come back.
    True and with newspaper moving to the PC as well in real life more and more newspaper is going online. However, it should not have to apply to the game be an option.
    If newspapers are out altogether. Then what would be the purpose of having those paper boxes just sitting there on the street corner in the game?
    I think you misunderstood Just because what is happening in RL does not have to apply in the game. I must have missed those boxes.
    Oh no, I'm not misunderstood. I'm fully aware that just because that it happens in RL does not have to apply to the game. No I was wondering why are there newspaper boxes in the game when there's no newspapers for the sims to get and read. And as another Simmer has done pointed out. They could be just a neighborhood decor, much like a row of hedges that sit on the edge of a sidewalk in the game. No you are misunderstood, I was not try to bring RL into the game at all.
    Guess I did misunderstood your post, lot of decorations in Sims 4. :)
    Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes on here. ;)

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    Noooonoooonooooonooooo. It's gonna make my job so much harder cuz my TS4 sims don't have a maid.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I don't miss newspapers at all, I just cancel the subscription since those just pile up every time for me
    I think that I have canceled the newspaper subscription once or twice in Sims 3 too. I did that because I got fed with all the newspapers piling up in my front yard in the game. That was mostly my fault because I mostly would forget to get the paper in the morning. Or I would forget to send the dog out to get the paper. And when I do remember to send the dog out to fetch the paper. The dog would use it has a bed, and then the cat would turn the paper into confetti.

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I never thought I would say this, in any context, but I miss the newspapers - it's amazing the impact a simulated reality can have on your own reality. (That might sound like a matrix reference but it isn't....or is it?)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I don't miss at all. I would prefer an optional subscription where you would choose between different magazines, related to hobbies for example : a gardening magazine that would be like the interaction on the computer (focused moodlet), and perhaps raise the gardening skill. I think a delivery once or twice a week would be enough.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I don't miss at all. I would prefer an optional subscription where you would choose between different magazines, related to hobbies for example : a gardening magazine that would be like the interaction on the computer (focused moodlet), and perhaps raise the gardening skill. I think a delivery once or twice a week would be enough.

This is genius.
    Gallery ID: babysquare