September 20 - Friday Highlight is here! Check it out!
September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.

A Quick Guide to SimLit - Sims Story FAQ

191011121315...Next

Comments

• EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,625 Member
    Is this the site that every month you get a title to write within 500 to 1500 words, Add at least one picture or more. or is this still available. Where do I find the topic to write for this month. I do not see any links to any stores that have been written.
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 5,688 Member
    @Evalen wrote: »
    Is this the site that every month you get a title to write within 500 to 1500 words, Add at least one picture or more. or is this still available. Where do I find the topic to write for this month. I do not see any links to any stores that have been written.

Here is a link to the short story challenge.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17153859/#Comment_17153859
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 9,625 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »

@AudreyFld Thank you so much for the link, I put it in my favorites so I would not lose it. I might try it out starting next month. sounds like a lot of fun. do you write on it.
    AudreyFld wrote: »

@AudreyFld Thank you so much for the link, I put it in my favorites so I would not lose it. I might try it out starting next month. sounds like a lot of fun. do you write on it.
    Sadly I haven’t! I totally need to try. My story takes all of my spare time right now. But I should try to make time. Although, I do read all of the stories and they are so awesome. The good thing is they have two categories. One for a novice and one for experienced. So you don’t have to complete with those that have been doing this for a long time, so a little less intimidating for those that want to participate. Good luck! I know you’ll have fun writing the story and getting some sweet screen shots for it!
  • DionyzuzDionyzuz Posts: 17 Member
    I read the rules and I'm on course to become a member of the forum in order to be able to post. Quick question, and I dont know how to explained with out giving a link of the example story I want to post (when I become a member of course) but what would be your recomendation to be able to share this story in this forum?

this is the link to the story/comic
    www.tumblr.com/blog/pandoraxboxcreations
    Once you can create a post, then explain your story to get anyone that looks at it excited to read it. Then each time you have a new chapter post a link in your forum post. Then just keep updating your forum post. Tumblr probably isn’t the best way to do a story. You would probably be better off doing it on a blog like WordPress of Blogger instead. I’ve used both and I like Wordpress the best although tumblr might be easier to use, once you figure out WordPress it isn’t hard.
  • DeafSimmerDeafSimmer Posts: 748 Member
    I prefer using Tumblr over Wordpress. I once attempted to use Blogger, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic. My Simblr currently has seven chapters, and the link is in my signature.
    0gCGvLo.png
    The fun has been doubled!
    My Legacy Challenge: https://mlpsimmer.tumblr.com/
    I prefer using Tumblr over Wordpress. I once attempted to use Blogger, but it doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic. My Simblr currently has seven chapters, and the link is in my signature.

Thanks for another point of view!