Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Quick Guide to SimLit - Sims Story FAQ

Comments

• AtsuSimsAtsuSims Posts: 4 New Member
    This helped me out a bunch, I am new to the Sims forums but I want to create stories just as great as all of these!
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Glad you found this helpful @AtsuSims :) good luck with your stories! I'm sure they'll be great.
  • GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    I'm pretty excited about doing my own Sim Lit! :)
  • psychounzpsychounz Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you so much for this thread. I think it helped me turn the corner of decision as to whether or not I was going to write and publish anything in the SimLit universe :3
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited September 2017
    Hello all, I haven't written a Sims story in over two years. I have a new one that I am currently working on, but I have not published yet. It's called Reign: A Game of Power. I will keep you updated. I also have a new Facebook group dedicated to stories about Sims of color. It's basically a directory anyone can go and list their stories or find new ones that maybe aren't listed on the official forum. Thanks.
    60bfLF7.png
    Please stay tuned for my all new TS4 story Reign: A Game of Power. I am very excited about this project. Instead of diving right in as I tried to do with All Eyes On Me, I am truly motivated by my Sims and their characters. This new story is all about the rise and journey of several individuals living in San Myshuno as they strive for power, leverage, status by any means necessary. I’m working hard on the storyline now and I will not publish until I have a few chapters complete. I will keep you updated. This is my new site where I will post the story. Check it out! Happy Simming!

ABW3f8X.png
    https://reignagameofpower.com/
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Does anyone know stories that are about the Sims 4 premades?
  • matthewrodneymatthewrodney Posts: 150 Member
    This is such a noob question (although I've had an EA account for 8 years...) but I can't seem to figure out how to start a new thread for my story?
    pax_link.jpg?w=680
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    This is such a noob question (although I've had an EA account for 8 years...) but I can't seem to figure out how to start a new thread for my story?

You are considered 'new' to the forums and until you are a full member you can't start a thread. :/ You have to make a certain number of posts but I'm not sure how many.
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    In order to reach full member status (and be allowed to start your own thread), you must make 30 posts and earn 50 points (points are earned through people liking your posts).
    @lasummerb nice to see your stories :) you put a lot of effort into them! I just wanted to let you know that this isn't a good place to advertise as it's supposed to be a thread for questions. Check out the "interesting threads" list and the advertising qued for ideas on where to best advertise. You should also start a thread if you haven't yet :) have fun writing!
  • elifdapetonelifdapeton Posts: 217 Member
    This is so helpful, but I don't know how to create a thread, maybe i'm a new member and that's why i can't create new thread.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    | Legacy Challenge Story. 18+
    After doing some search in this forum I just realised that I can't create new thread for my story, is there any thread that are used for new member to post story?
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    @elifdapeton you're correct-- because you're a new member, you aren't allowed to create a new thread. You could always put your story on an external site (such as Wordpress or blogger) and post links to updates in the appropriate threads here, such as the Writers' Lounge
    Thanks @Pegasus143 , I figure that I just need some more searching on this before asking question :p . I already posted link there but I think still need to grind for points to get the member status. Hopefully it won't be long
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
    Thanks @Pegasus143 , I figure that I just need some more searching on this before asking question :p . I already posted link there but I think still need to grind for points to get the member status. Hopefully it won't be long
    @elifdapeton You'll also need to keep posting-- it looks like you only have 10 posts right now, and I believe you need 30
    Yeah, I seriously don't know what to do other than spamming the off topic forum hehe.
    peoples%2Blegacy.gif
    Peoples Legacy
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Yeah, I seriously don't know what to do other than spamming the off topic forum hehe.

You can pop over to the Writers' Lounge and my thread called "The Fringe" and join in the conversations there! You'll get your 30 posts and 50 likes in no time! :)

Sometimes, if you ask a question about writing or game-play, you'll be able to start conversations that provide lots of opportunity for interaction. :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • joyfulsimfuljoyfulsimful Posts: 44 Member
    Thank you so much for all of this information! I can't wait to get started and get involved in the SimLit community :smiley:
    1FQLBku.png
    Origin ID: JoyfulSimful
  • mollsimsmollsims Posts: 6 New Member
    This is so good! Thanks for putting this together! :smiley:
  • GermanSimmerGermanSimmer Posts: 10 New Member
    Thank you a lot for this amazing guide <3 I read it from start to finish and it is extremely useful.
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    Hello everyone! I wanted to try my hand at a story but I wondered can you write one with just words using the Sims as inspiration or does it have to include pictures of your Sims enacting parts of the story? Thanks!
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
    @Nore The basic rule is: There are no rules, you can do anything you want :D I know that @CathyTea has a pictureless sims story too
  • NoreNore Posts: 236 Member
    @Julyvee94 Ah cool! And is there a thread where I could get feedback on an entire first chapter or should I just create my own story thread?
    Link to my showcase thread: NoreKP Showcase

Link to a story I started: Chronicles of a Simki

Origin ID: NoreKP

Latest build: When Baroque Met Modern
    4584899921fd5b78c0674fd01372085ee844519960c626fcee531895d7bd6d3af4b9e81c.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Nore wrote: »
    @Julyvee94 Ah cool! And is there a thread where I could get feedback on an entire first chapter or should I just create my own story thread?

We have a feedback thread, @Nore ! Here's a link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914216/the-feedback-thread-for-all-games#latest

For me, it works best when the writer posts specific questions they'd like feedback on.

Questions like: What's the strongest point?

What is one thing I might do to make it better?

Was X believable?

In this scene, do the screenshots convey x, y, an z?

Those types of questions help me as a reader provide feedback that can be useful to the writer.

Cheers! And welcome to the writers' corner of the forums! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top