Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack is better for builders?

I got my tax return, and as much as I would LIKE to be a responsible adult, I've been kicking around the idea of buying a pack. I only have the base game now, and I have been very reluctant to give EA any more money at all. But lately I've been seeing a lot of really nice things other builders can make. I was thinking of either getting Outdoor Retreat ($19.99) or Romantic Garden ($9.99), as these seem to have more of the outdoorsy type stuff I like to play with.

Builders, what are you opinions? What pack do you think is best for building, and do you have any pictures of things you've made using items from that pack?
Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2016
    Outdoor Retreat really doesn't have a whole lot for builders in the game to play with. I would go with Romantic Garden because you at least get several new flowers, a new shrub, one new window, and a whole lot of new garden decor; including a new wishing well in which you can have your sims play with at home. That would be my choice of those two. ;)
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Hmmm, what about wall and floor coverings? Curtains, furniture? Clutter items? Stuff like that?
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    Hmmm, what about wall and floor coverings? Curtains, furniture? Clutter items? Stuff like that?

Outdoor retreat's furniture is hideous. The only good things in that pack are the horseshoes game and the tents.

I don't have romantic garden. Seems OK...but still not much.

Honestly, none of the EPs add much for builders/decorators in my opinion. You have to have them all to have a decent amount of things. If I was going to choose one, I'd go with the latest EP, forgot what it's called. It probably has the most useful building materials that can be used in unique ways over and over again.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I like Outdoor Retreat items better here's some YouTube videos you could check out to see what better fits your style.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1PvwXaoB8s&nohtml5=False
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5yYzx1IpM
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Outdoor Retreat did come with some new wall, and flooring coverings. Plus some new plumbing items, and some new lighting. But Outdoor Retreat was largely a Game Pack that was centered around something new for the sims to do in their world. They could do another Mansion Stuff Pack like the one from Sims 2. That was all build/buy mode stuff.

• GhouseGhouse Posts: 11 New Member
    I personally think get together has more things for a builder, worldwise and building magerials too.
  • Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    In terms of building, I've gotten the most use out of the features from Get Together and Romantic Garden, although RG is more for landscaping than the buildings themselves. I really love building in rustic/Old World styles though, so that's probably why I've found GT so useful.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    Personally, it depends on your taste. If you like building cabin/wooden-like houses, Outdoor Retreat will be good for you. I believe it only has like 3 wallpapers and maybe no new floor tiles one floor tile. Most other items in the pack are not build mode items. Romantic Garden SP actually only has like 5-8 flowers/plants. But it does have some nice statues, if you like those.

For me, I love Spa Day cuz it has A LOT of wallpapers and floor tiles but most of the wallpapers are very sheek and modern for contemporary (I am a contemporary builder, yaaass). So yep. To be honest, I always use Spa Day build items all the time, even till now despite having all of the other packs. :3 I also use a lot of stuff from Get Together, however that is above your preferred budget, I'm assuming. (But you can get a new world!!)

Maybe if I have the time, I will post some builds to showcase the items for you? :)

Click spoiler for screenshot overload. XD
    Here are the stuff from OR. The roofing is base game. The stuff on the left are from Romantic Garden. Oops. I've put some other buy mode things that I think could be used for build mode.
    ds3JKDt.jpg
    YQZJglt.jpg

Here are the Romantic Garden stuff:
    Kinda lame, if you ask me. XD
    gWLmdKp.jpg

Here are Spa Day things:
    efJo93K.jpg
    hUKEOai.jpg

Here are Get Together items:
    Just realized I didn't capture some of the wallpaper on the right side of the pic but basically they're the tudor style of wallpaper.
    i2j8jZE.jpg
    ARx1VeG.jpg
    V4vFZct.jpg
    Windows:
    2I3GFOO.jpg
    HVN0xt2.jpg
    3qgGp2B.jpg
    su3jJ2E.jpg
    1VQxu35.jpg
    xqGXbyh.jpg
    Z2fqm7f.jpg
    Floor tiles:
    joaNFxT.jpg
    Doors:
    1lvz90K.jpg
    jNQsXhQ.jpg
    Roof/chimney items:
    Nh4Y2Qi.jpg
    Post edited by DeKay on
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Thank you for all the advice, everyone!
    DeKay wrote: »

Maybe if I have the time, I will post some builds to showcase the items for you? :)

I would love that!
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Get Together is great for build items. Since Windenburg has a unique style it also got new foundation, wallpapers, doors, windows, flowers, etc. Plus it's on sale for $20 right now.

If you're looking specifically at OR or RG though I would personally go for RG cause I like making gardens and I love the style on the items, but I guess it depends on what you prefer.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited April 2016
    I would say Get Together for rustic style build items. The Origin sale is still on so it's half price atm (same price as OR)
  • tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    If you're looking for something rustic and want to build in the middle of the woods, then I definitely recommend Outdoor Retreat. However for building, even though you didn't suggest it, I recommend Get Together. It adds a lot of cool game play and I got a lot out of the different build/buy mode objects and stuff.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited April 2016
    hi piper
    Get get together, it is still on 50% sale and you will like it.
    like Dekay says for a builder Get together and Spaday , both are good but if you choose only one, I will recommend get together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvoHkIKxgeg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePta1R2CdG0
    So it seems the consensus for builders is Get Together is the way to go. I will check out what I can see available for that pack. :)
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Oh, wow, there are some really great things there. I like all the stone stuff. Thank you for that link, it is extremely helpful!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,584 Member
    edited April 2016
    Thank you for all the advice, everyone!
    DeKay wrote: »

I would love that!

I just edited my original post, check it out under spoilers. :grimace: I have Get Together stuff in there as well.

EDIT: Oh yeah, like what EmmaVane said, there's an Origin Sale. So I think it's a pretty good deal if you get GT! It's like 50% off I think? Plus, you get new game play.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I was quite happy with the build mode items in Get Together, so I would recommend that plus you get 64x64 lots with it, which gives you more room to build.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I'll chime in here and agree that Get Together is probably your best option for building. It's got same really nice build mode items in quite a few categories and, as mentioned, the larger lots. Plus, it gives you Windenburg to build in.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    edited April 2016
    I LOVE the items that came with Outdoor Retreat because they are outdoorsy and I love decorations like that. There is a tree light to die for and wooden/marble furniture too. Not to mention the whole camping aspect which brings that fun stuff to the plate. Garden stuff is probably the weakest of the stuff packs because honestly you don't get many extras with the main items of the fountain and wishing well. I definitely wouldn't recommend the Garden Stuff to builders because it honestly doesn't add a ton of things for them!
    Oh, I didn't even think of a new world to build in, that is a pretty good point, too! I'm not a huge fan of giant lots though, I usually build small. I start to get lost much bigger than 20x30 or so. Are there smaller lots.

I'm not really into new gameplay, I can't stand to play live mode for more than a few days. OR was on the list because it added bug catching and herbology (hehe, spell check wants to change that to herpetology, with I would LOVE!!!), which are exactly the kind of things I would like.

It seems that with GT being on sale, it is the best value.
  • RosiaMia_RosiaMia_ Posts: 1,377 Member
    Granite Falls Gamepack - Has amazing world (Granite Falls) which in my opinion is the best world for The Sims 4 which is great for building on.

Spa Day Gamepack- Came with some amazing new objects! Lots of which I use alot when I build homes.

Perfect Patio Stuffpack - By far the best Stuff pack they have released so far.

Hope this helps :)