Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happen in your game today/most recently?

Comments

• BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    Congratulations on the new laptop :)
    A new Sims game won't come out for at least another 4 years, so you shouldn't worry about that.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    edited September 2018
    Well Daniel died in a freak locked room and fireplace accident...died of hunger and his son was taken away. Then I was in a bad mood so when a fire broke out at Darren's place Cassandra got caught in a fire and died and he's expecting an alien so he'll be a single parent he may need a fake maid to move in for the kids.

Yep >:)

edit: on that not I got tired of Dina kicking over the trashcan so I'm going to kill her now.

On a lighter note before that I forgot I had a couple weddings.

Mortimer had a maid move in as he's getting old and didn't want Alex to be alone, he fell in love so he married her and I think she's pregnant.
    44670942672_f4126a0a45_b.jpg
    42910852670_3a791db5a3_b.jpg
    44670942582_a7f99cce33_b.jpg

Don and Nina too, they tolerate each other.
    44670942452_4a6beb5fc3_b.jpg
    44670942292_32e179b8bf_b.jpg
    29783658877_e98cb4189b_b.jpg
    Now I don't know where I got either dress but I liked them.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Congratulations on the new laptop :)
    A new Sims game won't come out for at least another 4 years, so you shouldn't worry about that.

Thanks. I can’t wait for it to arrive. I’m bored LOL

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    LOL @RedDestiny92 :D A freak locked room fireplace accident huh? The drama continues!! Lol about Dina :D Teach her not to kick over your trash can!!
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,845 Member
    @JULES1111 but it was a freak accident I was trying to burn him but he couldn't wait for that, I mean where is the respect he knew what was being set up.....lol :D. Now I have some other sims that still do that but Dina was just taking up space being all single and not having babies the game didn't need her mmhmm. Hehe.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,116 Member
    Still reading over here. :blush: I enjoy your updates everyone!
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • ChelsPlaySimsChelsPlaySims Posts: 94 Member
    Currently I'm on generation 1 of an attempted legacy challenge (I always get bored) and the family just had their 4th child, Owen. I'm already having regrets because I can hardly take care of the other 3: twin teenagers Caleb and Eli, and child Lucy. When I had the parents try for this child, I honestly just did it because I was bored. I don't know what I'm going to do!
    FINALLY got my game working correctly (I had major issues getting the game to recognize my integrated graphics card. That was a headache to get corrected LOL). Going to attempt the Legacy Challenge AGAIN. My founder is in college right now studying Drama. @ChelsPlaySims if the teens are ready, they can go to University if you need a break.
    Have any of you been able to install and run Sims 2 on newer computers with Windows 10 without any problems??
    (Using disks)
    edited September 2018
    emorrill wrote: »
    Have any of you been able to install and run Sims 2 on newer computers with Windows 10 without any problems??
    (Using disks)

Yes many people have got the disks working on Windows 10. You can follow the directions in this video, it has worked for many people, and you can avoid patching individual games as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Sf7jyo_2kQ

@EricasFreePlay Yay! Glad you got your game working! :)
    Thanks @JULES1111

Now if I could find the flash drive I backed my previous Four Corners and Bitville neighborhoods (the blank neighborhoods from Sims Life Stories uploaded to MTS2) up to I'd really be happy. Four Corners was the Uni town I'd gotten really attached to in that save. My Harry Potter Sims were in that save, I think.

My founder has just found her future spouse and still has 2 years left in college. However, she has an enemy and has been working on building Body skill to win fights (here we go again LOL)
    Update: Legacy founder graduated college and moved back to Four Corners. She found a nice lot for around $19,000. Moved in her college boyfriend and it shouldn't be long before the second generation shows up.
    Spent a couple hours going through most of my towns in my game and had the eligible Teens call Sim State University and find out if they were eligible for scholarships. Still have Pleasantview, Veronaville and Strangetown to go. Will do those in a few minutes. Some of the teens will be adults soon so I will send them first then play the others who have more days left as Teens.
    Hey Sims 2 friends. :)

Still lurking on this thread. I haven't forgotten about it. ;)

And I swear I have some gameplay pics to share, but...finding the time to do it among adulting, writing, caring for the kid, cleaning the house... *sigh* feels so impossible. :pensive:

Such is the life of a SAHM. But post away! I wanna see your gameplay! It fills me with happy! :smiley:
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @emorrill I’m in your same boat! I’m a SAHM too, and I do play a bit a couple times a week before bed, but I’d rather play than post with the little time I get to myself lol
  • FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    Been back on The Sims 2 lately due to my laptop's heatsink burning itself out, meaning anything too graphics intensive or modern causes hard crashes due to overheating. Having a lot of fun though!

Started off messing around with some of the Belladonna Cove families before deciding to attempt an apocalypse challenge. I managed to fail on the founding generations 4 times.

One was particularly heartbreaking as the founder reached level 10 of her career and then got married with 3 days till elder, meaning she was no longer able to reproduce. The burned out remains of those failed challenge houses litter the post-apocalyptic landscape of Phoenix Valley, which remains one of the only places in the tri-state area protected from the brunt of the nuclear fallout.

Frustrated by the lack of progress in the central states of the SimNation, I decided to focus on building rather than re-building. Prosperity Island, off the southern coast of the SimNation is the site of my Prosperity Challenge neighbourhood. It's the first time I've tried rostered/rotating gameplay and so far I've found it extremely rewarding and engaging.

The founding families are Floren, Sunan, and O'Hannegan. Each family had an elder patriarch or matriarch, and now that I'm about 5 or 6 rotations in all 3 of the founding elders have passed on.

The founding teens all went to university, taking a ferry into the mainland in order to attend Academy Le Tour. Together, they formed a Greek House (O'Hannegan House) to take in all of the kids from the island.

Out of the remaining children and toddlers, only one of the founding generation attended University. Kean O'Hannegan, who was encouraged to attend by his newly returned graduate siblings Riagan and Mairenn. Their grandmother Alannah had already passed on by this point, so there was no reason to stay behind.

Klahan Sunan stayed behind, at first to look after the house and his grandmother Pakpao, while his sister was studying on the mainland. Pakpao passed on only a day before her granddaughter returned. Both of them are now extremely successful, with Klahan currently holding a position as a Celebrity Attourney, and his sister a Media Magnate. Her life partner, Toby, has moved in so they can both reach the upper limits of knowledge together. Needless to say, the next generation is on its way soon.

Adelina Floren inherited her father Artemio's adobe-style beachside bed and breakfast, spending a lot of time focusing on her sports career and romantic pursuits. In a moment of weakness (or perhaps, strength) after her father's death, she ended up eloping with one of her flings, Shea (weirdly enough, she rolled the want as a pure romance Sim) and little baby Giorgio was on his way shortly after that. Shea managed to get abducted by aliens after returning from work as a nurse one night, and far-too-soon-after-that, twins Castor and Pollux were also on their way. Somehow they managed to raise all three babies at once while also working full-time jobs (it helped that Shea worked night shifts, while Adelina worked mornings) and all three of them made it to adolescence without too much trouble. Giorgio will be looking at University prospects very soon, in fact.

On the O'Hannegan ranch (well, it's more of a manor, now) Riagan has been focussing on his Oceanography career, while the matriarchy heiress Mairenn has utilised her witch powers to gain a fairly successful position as a Psychic. She's been using the funds from this to support her passion and business, sewing and making clothing. O'Hannegan Fabrics & Textiles is modestly successful, if still rather small, but it has given the island residents somewhere to go to shop for new clothing. By chance, one of Mairenn's customers set her up with a blind date last time she was at the store, which was interesting to juggle.

Adelina has also taken a crack at business ownership, since becoming a Hall of Famer. She opened Florencia Fitness Centre, and has been acting as a personal trainer for customers in the small gym as she saves up for better equipment and an aquatics centre attachment.

JJ Zarina, Riagan O'Hannegan's university fiance and the temporary leader of O'Hannegan House, decided to move over to the island from the mainland in order to set up a nest for the children he eventually plans on having. There's a bit of drama about marrying Riagan, over what is outwardly about who will move in with who, but inwardly is about Kean, Riagan's younger brother, hooking up with JJ during the time they shared at university, which triggered a series of flings with another member of the Greek House. I'm expecting this to come to a head soon as Kean will be moving back soon.

Otherwise, we've just got a new head of house at university. A cheerleader, her fortune aspiration will likely make her a powerful contender with the founding families when she moves to the island in order to take advantage of the plethora of business opportunities available there.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
    edited October 2018
    Back with an update: Had to move my Legacy to Pleasantview from Four Corners due to a lack of houses (under $20,000). So I am starting over. I'm still playing in Four Corners but I just decided to move my Legacy.

Anyway, the founder (my SimSelf) graduated with a 4.0 and moved into a 3 bedroom house with her bf Jace.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Why didn't you just place a 'under $20,000" lot in your Four Corners hood? You could even place a empty lot and build them a cheap house.
    Why didn't you just place a 'under $20,000" lot in your Four Corners hood? You could even place a empty lot and build them a cheap house.

There aren't that many open lots available to build on.
  • SleepycatDSLSleepycatDSL Posts: 271 Member
    Oh, how strange. I don't think I've ever filled a TS2 hood with so many lots that I couldn't fit any more (except maybe on a tiny terrain). lol
    Though TS3 was a different kettle of fish and if I remember right, we couldn't even place new empty lots at first (such a step back from the freedom we have in TS2) and from what I understand TS4 towns are tiny things (even bigger step back). Such a shame they won't be giving out the UC anymore.

/stops rambling

Today I'm going to get some businesses set up in one of my new hoods. I want my sims to be able to buy the craftable toys, flowers and stuff. One day I may even let them try out the robots (yeah, even after all these years, I still have no interest in having robots). The store will at least be there if that day ever comes! lol

I also have some sims to make!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member

There aren't that many open lots available to build on.

Hi :)
    It's not about open lots, it's about open space on the roads for TS2. :)
    But if there isn't enough road space in your neighborhood you have several options:
    1. add a subhood. Like a downtown or a shopping district (create one or use the premade)
    2. get a camera mod for the neighborhood so you can use the roads outside the small view the game gives...
    3. Add another subhood. We can have more than one of each. :)
  • SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    Just say Hi to you everybody. I rebuild my cc folder and I deleted everything that sounds wrong in my game.
    I deleted all the GUID conflicts, the duplicates, the non-sims 2 and everything that appears red in the Sims2cleaninstaller.
    The game seems stable, however I got a problem with the CEP. I installed it but the objects which use it (recolours of the red grilled cheese sandwich posters) don't allow me to change the style.
    I am on Windows 10 1803 64 bits.

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
    Hi :mrgreen:

Yesterday I played TS2... my Basic Apocalypse. They're So far ahead of the Hopeless Apocalypse. But anyway, they can finally use the telescopes. Since it was the first night they could use them, I put the elders on Alien Duty.

And one got abducted, ofc. :lol:
    Which one?
    Q9OhpWY.jpg

The bottom floor. :lol:
    2PNTyXx.jpg

BypUfuP.jpg

Abduction face :lol:
    qCk41k1.jpg

@Rflong7 LOL!!! :D:D That is quite the facial expression, and of course the sim on the bottom floor got abducted! Those aliens mean business, dragged him right through the floor!
    edited October 2018
    Hi! @JULES1111 :mrgreen: So true. I just wish he was young enough for an alien baby. His son isn't having any luck in 3 days trying to get abducted. :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top