Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some tweets from simguru graham about lounge chairs, packs releases etc

Comments

• Pandagirl9449Pandagirl9449 Posts: 911 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    And modders do it for free...

I also hate that my sims cant relax on the bed

Yeah I don't get that. Seems like they took a lot of simple yet noticeable things out of this game.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I'll say upfront that you're interpreting my comments in a way that I didn't intend. I love World Adventures; it's one of my personal favorite expansion packs. It was praised by reviewers, and its sales performed very well. When I talk about it being a divisive pack among the community, it's a recognition that it introduced and focused on an entirely different type of game play that in many ways existed outside of the core Sims experience. Some people loved it for being different, others it didn't click with because it was so different.

When I say that I think it's unlikely that there will be a direct successor to World Adventures, it isn't in any way a condemnation of what we did in that pack. There's much to appreciate from it, and some great features that are likely to return in future Sims titles. Themes that incorporate traveling to foreign lands and exploring their cultures are exciting and certainly relevant to The Sims. I would be surprised if we made another expansion that focused on exploring tombs and solving puzzles to unlock hidden treasures. I don’t think that’s the type of feature you’d expect to return in each iteration of the Sims, unlike something with broad appeal such as Pets or Seasons.

My comments definitely aren’t saying that I think a vacation or destination type pack is unlikely. That sounds to me like a fun and highly relatable theme that would fit right into the game that we’re making.
    This I can completely understand and agree with. That's not at all "but I'd be surprised if it happened. Seemed to be a divisive love it/hate it pack." though and I can understand how that tweet got misinterpreted. I wouldn't want a WA copy for a new Sims game, even when it's my favourite EP for Sims 3. I would like something a bit quest like though. A bit of non lineair puzzling and exploring for variety. Not with tombs this time, because we already did that, but something new. On a side note: I never understood why nobody took the effort - or was allowed to take the effort or had the time to take the effort - to make a good old tomb kind of thing out of the crash site in Oasis Landing. My biggest disappointment during five years of playing Sims 3.

4322078_orig.png

There, you see, Saul was disappointed too.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016
    missmani09 wrote: »
    I feel like lounge chairs should have been included in Spa Day. I mean look at all the NEW ANIMATION they created with Yoga, back massages, foot massages, steam room, etc. And Spa day was an GP. Like, come on.

So it sounds like we'll be waiting another at least 2-3 expansion packs just to get toddlers.
    I actually was thinking it would have come with that GP too. It would have made sense. I must say the GPs are probably the best product that stick to a logical theme of all the products. Some of the themes don't make sense at all feeling like confetti waded into a ball together.

@Aine I have a lot of those same worries too. I don't know if the bucket will be big enough and there probably will remain a big chunk of Simmers alienated from this iteration which makes me sad. :(
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    I am not that impressed with multi-tasking. I've seen better in other iterations, with less technology.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
    blewis823 wrote: »
    I am not that impressed with multi-tasking. I've seen better in other iterations, with less technology.
    Yeah I feel the same way.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    *sigh* Did you even bother to read Graham's post? Or are you just trying to find something to complain about like always?
    Oh and one more thing, quite a large portion of the Sims team has been here since at least TS2, but ok.

Her main goal is to spread misery on this forum. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Instead of lounge chairs let them work on the more important stuff.

But see thats the thing, if they cant do lounge chairs how are they Gonna add the important stuff?
    giphy.gif

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited April 2016

I'd like to ask where? Last Time I checked somebody cant eat, workout, and watch tv at the same time in other games. Or eating, drinking, and talking or paint, listen to music, and talk at the same time.

Oh wait.... you can't.
    edited April 2016

I'd like to ask where? Last Time I checked somebody cant eat, workout, and watch tv at the same time in other games. Or eating, drinking, and talking or paint, listen to music, and talk at the same time.
    The timing and the flow of it seems choppy. In other Sims games it felt more fluid and not having major issues like clipping and musical chairs ruining it. I've seen better interactions done with multitasking. Plus not like Sims can do multitasking on the bed as well anymore. No more multitasking with babies anymore too. So many sacrifices. :( I worry for pets too not working well with multitasking.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

Oh wait.... you can't.
    Making a phonecall while holding a toddler for instance. Last time I checked I never felt the urge to eat, workout and watch tv all at once by the way. And that my issue with multitasking in Sims 4: it's often so utterly silly and unrealistic. And it causes them to need hours to eat one meal. And babies are tied to their crib because of it apparently.
    5JZ57S6.png
    Scobre wrote: »

The timing and the flow of it seems choppy. In other Sims games it felt more fluid and not having major issues like clipping and musical chairs ruining it. I've seen better interactions done with multitasking. Plus not like Sims can do multitasking on the bed as well anymore.

Better flowing interactions does NOT equal multitasking, that's honestly not a comparison that i'd ever expect you to make of all people. As for musical chairs, it's been explained that sims will change positions when starting a conversations and should stay in the spot unless circumstances change (someone enters the convo as an example) and that old save game before the patch may still have the issue.
    edited April 2016
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

Oh wait.... you can't.
    Making a phonecall while holding a toddler for instance. Last time I checked I never felt the urge to eat, workout and watch tv all at once by the way. And that my issue with multitasking in Sims 4: it's often so utterly silly and unrealistic. And it causes them to need hours to eat one meal. And babies are tied to their crib because of it apparently.

Eating, working, and watching tv was just an example. As for holding a toddler and talking on the phone, that has to do with the way the game handles and equips things. Babies are tied to the crib because of issues with sims automatically holstering the babies like other items/objects, they had the same issue in The Sims 3 when developing the game, but multitasking made working around it much harder.
    edited April 2016

Better flowing interactions does NOT equal multitasking, that's honestly not a comparison that i'd ever expect you to make of all people. As for musical chairs, it's been explained that sims will change positions when starting a conversations and should stay in the spot unless circumstances change (someone enters the convo as an example) and that old save game before the patch may still have the issue.
    When flowing from one interaction to another, it does make a difference for me at least. Like the flow between talking to eating and doing things together. It's a timing thing I guess but I think it was mentioned before by SimGuruDaniel that the timing for the Sims 4 is slower than other games. I noticed a big difference just with fishing and gardening. Sims could talk together really well while doing those activities in another iteration. The talking while multitasking isn't quite optimized well enough yet. It could use some tweaks. There are some multitasking situations like working out and watching tv or listening to the radio that work really well. I don't know the musical chair thing is weird. My Sims don't even always have to enter a conversation for when it happens. I guess they have ants in their pants. XD
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Instead of lounge chairs let them work on the more important stuff.

But see thats the thing, if they cant do lounge chairs how are they Gonna add the important stuff?

Read what Graham wrote? They CAN do lounge chairs. The issue is about when to CHOOSE to do that, as opposed to doing something else.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    Since some people are saying lounge chairs are not returning nor are they possible...
    127h6o.jpg
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Well I'm not too much a fan of multitasking if it makes things that much more complicated. My sims could chat while eating in Sims 2 or chat while watching TV and that's all I really needed. I know some people really enjoy the multitasking in Sims 4 so I'm happy its there either way.
    Thank you for explaining @SimGuruGraham but I'm kind of bummed out that multitasking might be the cause for us missing out on some content.
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    I think people need to start realizing that EA can't give them EXACTLY what they want. If you want lounge chairs but don't want multitasking because it's "useless" how's that fair to those who want multitasking. You need to step out of your bubble and realize you're not the only person who plays the Sims 4.
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited April 2016

Oh wait.... you can't.

Eating, working, and watching tv was just an example. As for holding a toddler and talking on the phone, that has to do with the way the game handles and equips things. Babies are tied to the crib because of issues with sims automatically holstering the babies like other items/objects, they had the same issue in The Sims 3 when developing the game, but multitasking made working around it much harder.

@Gabe_oz is making some good points. Sims 2 and 3 all they could do on the bed was read or watch tv (not both simultaneously). Also, I think most forget just how complicated the multitasking system is. It also involves the ordering of actions. So a sim is reading, and stands up. But you want them to sit down. So you tell them to sit down, and they do; without stopping the action of reading. There is no debating whether the multitasking is more complicated in previous iterations, because it wasn't. If you wanted a sim to do something you *always* had to stop their previous actions. In S4, multitasking allows you fill several needs at once.

ETA:
    For example, what I'm playing right now. I had my sim here make BLTs. But before he did that, he was drinking a glass of milk. So he put the milk down and began making the meal. Then, once the meal was made, I had him grab a plate. He grabbed a plate and began walking towards the table to eat. But then I thought, "well, might as well finish your drink" so I paused and clicked on the drink. He changed directions, picked the drink up, and continued on to the table to have his meal and drink. :blush:

THIS is what I love S4. It feels so fluid to me. Now, that being said, if you've seen my other posts, you know there are some shortcomings to S4. But multitaking ain't one of 'em! :wink:12974381_10100852429197750_594802964162015806_n.jpg?oh=b4d0075b63d6d4a548ac147c2f9d0bd0&oe=578A3CB4
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Oh wait.... you can't.

@Gabe_oz is making some good points. Sims 2 and 3 all they could do on the bed was read or watch tv (not both simultaneously). Also, I think most forget just how complicated the multitasking system is. It also involves the ordering of actions. So a sim is reading, and stands up. But you want them to sit down. So you tell them to sit down, and they do; without stopping the action of reading. There is no debating whether the multitasking is more complicated in previous iterations, because it wasn't. If you wanted a sim to do something you *always* had to stop their previous actions. In S4, multitasking allows you fill several needs at once.

Do people actually do that? x] I know if I tried watching TV and reading I would have the hardest time comprehending what I just read/watched. In this case I think the complication could be hurting the game in the long run. I mostly understand how the multitasking works, with some things like finally being able to drink with meals I have to applaud it. I love it for stuff like that, but if what I'm hearing is true and multitasking is the reason babies are now tied to their cribs, I can do without the multitasking. However, if both were possible I would take them both and run, though that's not the case.

I don't know all the techie tech stuff and I won't pretend I do, I just hope we won't miss out on any features or content on account of multitasking.
    edited April 2016
    Trashmagic wrote: »

I don't know all the techie tech stuff and I won't pretend I do, I just hope we won't miss out on any features or content on account of multitasking.
    Yeah like pets. :( Seasons working with the multitasking worries me too. With the tiny neighborhood design too. *cringes*
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

I'll say upfront that you're interpreting my comments in a way that I didn't intend. I love World Adventures; it's one of my personal favorite expansion packs. It was praised by reviewers, and its sales performed very well. When I talk about it being a divisive pack among the community, it's a recognition that it introduced and focused on an entirely different type of game play that in many ways existed outside of the core Sims experience. Some people loved it for being different, others it didn't click with because it was so different.

When I say that I think it's unlikely that there will be a direct successor to World Adventures, it isn't in any way a condemnation of what we did in that pack. There's much to appreciate from it, and some great features that are likely to return in future Sims titles. Themes that incorporate traveling to foreign lands and exploring their cultures are exciting and certainly relevant to The Sims. I would be surprised if we made another expansion that focused on exploring tombs and solving puzzles to unlock hidden treasures. I don’t think that’s the type of feature you’d expect to return in each iteration of the Sims, unlike something with broad appeal such as Pets or Seasons.

My comments definitely aren’t saying that I think a vacation or destination type pack is unlikely. That sounds to me like a fun and highly relatable theme that would fit right into the game that we’re making.
    This I can completely understand and agree with. That's not at all "but I'd be surprised if it happened. Seemed to be a divisive love it/hate it pack." though and I can understand how that tweet got misinterpreted. I wouldn't want a WA copy for a new Sims game, even when it's my favourite EP for Sims 3. I would like something a bit quest like though. A bit of non lineair puzzling and exploring for variety. Not with tombs this time, because we already did that, but something new. On a side note: I never understood why nobody took the effort - or was allowed to take the effort or had the time to take the effort - to make a good old tomb kind of thing out of the crash site in Oasis Landing. My biggest disappointment during five years of playing Sims 3.

4322078_orig.png

There, you see, Saul was disappointed too.

Haha. Oh my gosh, yes. Epic disappointment. I spent all that friggin time out in dang desert finding those artifacts and the end result was...pretty much nothing. XD I was so excited trying to find the crash site, too, thinking it would have something similar to WA.

I would love to see something set in new destinations and personally wouldn't mind some tombs again (cause I was Indiana Jones in a previous life, I'm sure). I would think it would be hard to do only non-linear puzzles for those sorts of adventure quests, though it would be fun if there were a bit of both. One nice thing about WA is you didn't HAVE to pick up quests and could still explore the tombs even if you missed out on some items and visa points so people kind of had the option to do the more rpg type version or just randomly explore stuff and find things.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
    KatyJay88 wrote: »

Oh wait.... you can't.

ETA:
    For example, what I'm playing right now. I had my sim here make BLTs. But before he did that, he was drinking a glass of milk. So he put the milk down and began making the meal. Then, once the meal was made, I had him grab a plate. He grabbed a plate and began walking towards the table to eat. But then I thought, "well, might as well finish your drink" so I paused and clicked on the drink. He changed directions, picked the drink up, and continued on to the table to have his meal and drink. :blush:

THIS is what I love S4. It feels so fluid to me. Now, that being said, if you've seen my other posts, you know there are some shortcomings to S4. But multitaking ain't one of 'em! :wink:12974381_10100852429197750_594802964162015806_n.jpg?oh=b4d0075b63d6d4a548ac147c2f9d0bd0&oe=578A3CB4

THIS. As one of the biggest defenders of this game on these forums i'm not beyond admitting that 4 does have some shortcomings. But like you said, multitasking definitely isnt a shortcoming.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited April 2016
    I, think everyone looks too far into tweets from the developers. I think the tweets are designed to give us something to chew on. Also there is nothing wrong with a Online Sims game, it just can't be MMORG style, that was a mistake Sim City made. I think eventually, we may get the Sims 4 version of The Sims 4 with both online and offline play. There is nothing preventing some more bigger worlds from going online or having a mixture of online and offline worlds, its just a matter of time. The Gallery is a good indication that someday we will have a Sims 4 as big us The Sims 3 or perhaps bigger with less lag. there is nothing to stop them from adding more neighborhoods to existing worlds, so anything is possible. I would like to see someday a way for sims to jump to different saves or find some way to get charactors from one save to another like a connected University or something.

Edit there was nothing wrong with world of adventures in the Sims 3, except I think the quest could have been a little more dynamic, once one sim opened them they were opened for everyone else in the world and they didn't change from save to save.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited April 2016
    sophtastic wrote: »
    At least he is giving answers, though. Not many gurus even reply to requests/questions about lounge chairs. If people want them so bad, it's very easy to download CC (only my opinion but yeah) o:)

I still think we're going to see them in an upcoming Tropical Vacation or Waterpark Gamepack or Expansion.