Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Saving a lot to library with graves

If I save a lot to my library that has graves on it, will they remain intact or with they just become 'remains'?
Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2016
    I'd like to know, too. I won't try it right now, because I have a dead Sim who hasn't appeared yet and afraid any day he will be culled (the name off his urn). Lots of bugs since GT and the newer patches. So, not risking anything. That save is on hold. ETA: But I'm sure if you save it to the library they lose the relationships. As that is what happens when we save Sims to library so on lot is probably going to make them lose relationship knowledge.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    neer thought about that :no_mouth:
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think it's possible to save a sim with a lot like you could in S3.
    I don't think it's possible to save a sim with a lot like you could in S3.

You can save a room though with things in it like headstones?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    I think the headstone or urn will be downloadable, but the attached ghost will be lost. The urn and headstone are objects that can be found in buydebug and placed on a lot like any other object. If you want a ghostless cemetery, it's possible. I've built a few graveyards but without ghosts. Sims can't live on a public lot so, we can't create a "live" graveyard. The Chateau ghosts are special that's why they warned us not to mess with them or that lot.
    @Dabbydanbo, thank you that answers this for me then. I won't be trying to build my graveyards then, now that understand. :'(
    You're welcome. Glad I could help.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Thanks everyone! Hmm... I was wanting to reset my save but I know when I save my family to the library to do so, that their inventories will be lost. The only thing I'm concerned about losing is the urns. I never take them out of the inventory, but I like having them just the same. any other suggestions?
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
    I've never tried saving an urn with an attached ghost in a room to the gallery. I don't know if the ghost can "travel" like that. Because you can't save a live sim in a room, I'm guessing that you can't.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    edited April 2016
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think the headstone or urn will be downloadable, but the attached ghost will be lost. The urn and headstone are objects that can be found in buydebug and placed on a lot like any other object. If you want a ghostless cemetery, it's possible. I've built a few graveyards but without ghosts. Sims can't live on a public lot so, we can't create a "live" graveyard. The Chateau ghosts are special that's why they warned us not to mess with them or that lot.

Yep, that's right. But I did this not too long ago: I made a lot that I designated a "park", but in reality was going to try and use as a cemetery. I put 7 active graves on it by traveling with a family member with the urns in his inventory. When I visited the lot again, the ghosts were still there, coming out after midnight or so, and going back in around 6 AM. Then I saved the lot to my library. When I put it into another save, The gravestones are there, but they are "empty". It isn't possible to save them together. I figured this would be true, and saved the lot to use in a similar way again.

On the other hand, you can save ghosts to your library. They will never be unplayed ghosts, tho, because if you add them back into your game, you will need to add them to a family, and they will not have a grave, but will be controllable family members, just like they have to be to save them. I could not add them to the park lot because it is not residential. I haven't tried moving them out, and leaving them on a played residential lot, but I imagine they would not be culled in that case. As far as I know, only unplayed Sims are culled. The ghosts on my park lot have the risk to be culled as well.

I'm pretty sure if you save the urn with a room, it will be the same as saving it on a lot, which is the same as I described above.