Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Drifter Challenge - House 014 - Rules

Comments

• KariseKarise Posts: 1,198 Member
    Things have moved on quite a bit. The boys are now teens and Natasha has completed the botanist aspiration.

@illusie Natasha had the required jobs for the renaissance aspiration but didn't keep them as I found that trying to look for My Sims Trophies, tend to her garden and raise the boys was a bit time consuming. :smiley: Masato doesn't work.

House value is done and Natasha has almost finished the renaissance aspiration but those Trophies are proving illusive. She still needs a few to complete the collection. Hopefully, I can get it done but we'll see.
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    @karise, I am also planning not te keep any jobs. It will be hard enough to get all trophies. Wow, your boys grow up so far! My sims hasn't even proposed yet, still in the girlfriend-boyfriend stage.
    I almost thought illusive was a typo of my username lol Good luck finding the rest of the trophies! I think I'vegot 4 so far, so not many yet.
    @illusie haha yes and if my single brain cell was working I'd've remembered that you don't spell "illusive" like that! Oh dear. :blush:

I'm sure you'll get there. I do have some advantages for how fast I can play - like not working and not having to stop to take pics for a story. I greatly admire everyone who does that.

I'm getting there with the trophies. I've found that having a treasure map has helped to find the rare ones. Of course that means digging up a treasure map, lol.
    @karise lol
    Yes, I'll get there but it will take a while. I think making a story does slow me down a lot. I still have to write chapters for the previous house challenge but that will have to wait until July.
    Great that you are close to completing the trophies. My sim has to dig anyway lol Maybe I should get him a dog to help digging...
    @illusie ooh a dog - didn't think of that. :smile:

House complete and I even managed to finish the My Sims Trophies - though it was touch and go at the end there. I had Natasha running all over Willow Creek and even Oasis Springs. Still, it's done and it's a first as I haven't done it before.
    edited June 2018
    I've created a dog in CAS and once there is enough money for a basic house I'll adopt the puppy. I know we can't add a pet in cas, so I'll take away the money for the adoption.

@karise, That's awesome! Congrats! I've got 10 my sims trophies so far. So I think I'm doing got. Aron just got married. She is level 1 in the athlete career. So far he kept close to home, but I'll go to the other towns as well. I'll try to compete some other collections too (fossils, elements maybe crystals or metals. My sim will be digging a lot too so maybe he will find enough of those. I think that sounds rather ambitious so I'll need some luck! Where you close to completing any of those collections?
    @illusie Sounds like you're doing great. Congrats on Aron getting married.

Yeah, I had a some of the other collections. I've moved on to house 15 so without reloading a previous save I can't check but I do know I had a lot of the fossils, elements, crystals and metals. Obviously when you're trying to find the trophies you end up with those as well. I did find most around Natasha's home but a few in the other areas of Willow Creek. Good luck with your hunt.
  • Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    Oh no you have to collect all the statues on this house. I hear both of you about not getting the job but wouldn't the job at the science lab that has a lot with all those rocks to dig up work out for this. Oh well I try both ways on this house because I'm sure to fail the first time. So far I have done every house twice except the first.

Congrats to @Karise for completing this and @illusie I wish you the best of luck :)
    edited June 2018
    Oh no you have to collect all the statues on this house. I hear both of you about not getting the job but wouldn't the job at the science lab that has a lot with all those rocks to dig up work out for this. Oh well I try both ways on this house because I'm sure to fail the first time. So far I have done every house twice except the first.

Congrats to @Karise for completing this and @illusie I wish you the best of luck :)

I already thought you'd be able to complete some more collections. Thank you @Karise

You are right, the science job would be helpful. Maybe i should let him join that career. Great idea @Piazzagirl1015. Thanks for the tip. i hadn't thought of that. There always are so many rocks outside of the science lab. That would be very helpful.
    Post edited by illusie on
    @Piazzagirl1015 Yeah, the science career might be good. One of the steps of the renaissance aspiration is to get to level 3 in 3 careers so you could make science your third career. Also you don't have to collect all the Trophies. @Vihisha did say that some simmers were having difficulties completing the collection so if you can't find them all it's not a fail. Good luck.
    edited June 2018
    @karise, I know but I haven't completed that collection before so I really want to give it a try. It's going well with the dolls, I think only 3-4 left. Still 11 days until my sims ages up to adult. This aspiration is a first for me. It will be a challenge to level up in so many skills.

He joined the science career. So easy to find rocks, and the simray is a big plus. Such a great money maker.
    @illusie That's great. I'm sure you'll do it. Which other aspiration did you chose?
    edited June 2018
    @Karise, I have chosen to do the Curator Aspiration. All that is still left to do is to complete a collection. I'm also doing well at the freelance botanist aspiration, so I might finish that one as well. Though I'd still need to find a cowplant seed. My sim is a foodie so I might attempt to unlock the grilled cheese aspiration and give that a go.
    Post edited by illusie on
    @illusie I've found the best place to fish up a cowplant berry is from the docks in Magnolia Parade. It's a good place to find dragon fruit seeds too.
    Karise wrote: »
    @illusie I've found the best place to fish up a cowplant berry is from the docks in Magnolia Parade. It's a good place to find dragon fruit seeds too.

I don't think my sims have fished there yet. Thank you for the tip! I'll go there for fishing soon
    Karise wrote: »

I've never sent anyone fishing there myself. Good to know :)

@illusie @Piazzagirl1015 Be patient :smiley: You might not get one first time - I didn't but I've nearly always found one there. Hope you succeed.
    I started playing with my drifter family again. I really like this family, they are cute. The heir just turned into a child and autumn will start soon. I'm looking forward to see that season!

I'm doing good at the challenge. Still need to reach level 8 for 2 more skills, and am still looking for 1 my simdoll. This challenge should be doable, since I still have plenty of time.
    I finally completed the mysim collection. I was so lucky. I received the last one I needed from Father Winter. My sim must have been really good to get such an awesome gift ;)
    @illusie Congratulations and I didn't know that Father Winter gave those statues out.
    @illusie Congratulations and I didn't know that Father Winter gave those statues out.

Cool, right? Thank you!
    @illusie Congrats on completing the collection. Yeah, Father Winter gives out all sorts of gifts - some good, some ... not so good. :smiley: Same with the pile of presents.
    Thank you @Karise.
    There is no space for the pile of presents in the house lol So I'll try it in the next house challenge.
    I´ve completed all goals now and still have 7 days left before the heir ages up.
    @illusie Congrats on completing all the goals and in a timely fashion :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top