Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cooking Hobby

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
I have 20 sims working on the cooking hobby to generate LPs. Is there an easy way to get rid of all the plates? I wish they could be deleted or sold.

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    No. I therefore usually always let my sim clean the plate up before they start working on the next plate.

But I have never had that many sims working on the same hobby. Early in the game I think that I had maybe four working on the cooking hobby and about the same number of fashion designers. Soon I gave some of them new hobbies though when they became available. Now I have the max number of sims (34) but they are all working on different hobbies except 3 sims who works on their life dreams instead. I still have 2 preteens working on figure skating though because it takes 12 hrs and because the two hobbies for preteens (karate and ballet) aren't worth anything because you don't get LPs for completing them - so I don't use them. Nevertheless I got almost 600 unused LPs before I began to use some of all those LPs ;)
  • Options
    I have even more working on it now and have earned 35 Lps just today. I found a good tip on plate removal on The Girl Who Games forum. Direct a sim to clean up a plate and when they grab it cancel the action. The plate is gone and you don't have to wait for them to walk to the trash can.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Well - if you have unlocked the ghost hunting hobby then I am still convinced that you could earn LPs much faster by having your sims working on it. I never had more than one ghost hunter though because there are actually too many hobbies in this game compared to the max number of sims (34). So if you want to be prepared for all possible competitions then you can't usually have more than one sim working on each hobby.

Earning LPs went fast for me until I did the Life Dreams & Legacy challenge which enabled automatic aging. After that my number of LPs raised much slower because I usually have to use LPs every day to prevent unwanted aging of some of my sims.
  • Options
    The reason I didn't select the ghost hunting hobby is that it only requires 3-4 minutes to catch a ghost and then you have to wait up to 30 minutes for the objects to recharge. I chose the cooking hobby because I can choose the 20 minute hamburger and I'm not tied to game for the entire time. If I'm watching tv at the same time I'll pick the 5 minute meal.

I don't do the competitions so that's not really a concern for me.

I let all of my sims age. Until I started the cooking hobby today I had been working on the life orbs for the last 5-6 months. I would have them attain their life dreams, collect the orb, then have them work on gardening to get extra money until they died.Then I'd just create another sim to work on orbs. I have all the venues built and most of the activities inside of those venues so I thought I'd change it up a bit and work on getting some LPs so I'll be ready for the next quest. I didn't have enough LPs for the gingerbread quest and wasn't able to speed it up and unlock the chocolate fountain which is the only one I didn't have. Most of the other stuff I already owned from getting the gingerbread house in an earlier quest.

• Options
    The recharging problem for haunted objects is a problem for me because I have 6 different haunted objects (plants, mirrors, chains, chests etc) in the house where my ghost hunter works and I would just buy one more if this wasn't enough. Therefore at least one of the objects is always ready for my ghost hunter to work on :)

My cook usually always chooses something which takes one or two hours to cook. The reason is that otherwise he will be idle most of the time because I don't enter the game often enough and it is my experience that idle sims stop being inspired very quickly. So I would have to take care of their needs more often which is quite tedious.

The special thing with this game for me is that it doesn't seem that Firemonkeys reuse code and methods when they make new hobbies because it actually feels like different hobbies have been designed by different programmers who don't use each-other's methods at all. Different things happen in very similar situations in ways that I never have seen in other games. But I am sure that this was planned and is the reason for things working in this unusual way.

Ghost hunters seem to stop being inspired slower than what I have observed for many other sims. Another special thing is that my two makeup artists (who work together on second floor in the mall) don't both stop being inspired. Usually only the sim who open the store will need to have his needs repaired while his partner usually never needs this because she is usually always inspired anyway :)

I don't want all my sims to age and die because then I would feel that I had to start over all the time and train new sims to get the same skills that my current sims already have. This would probably make be stop playing the game and look for another game to play so I could avoid all that repetition. So only the few sims who have personalities and work on their life dreams are allowed to age in my games.

I know that we could buy the gingerbread house before the chocolate challenge. But as far as I know we couldn't just buy the gingerbread items in our other houses or add new gingerbread items to the gingerbread house?

I always do the competitions except ballet, karate and senior skills because I have lvl 6 sims in everything else.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I find cooking to bee the quickest way to LP's. There is a dish which takes one minute so if you have a few sims just cooking and one sim just picking up plates it goes super quick. I have two working on the cooking and two working on the ghost hunting. I made a Bella and Mortimer Goth and I placed them in the Haunted Mansion which is packed full of haunted objects so there is always something fully charged. I jump back and forth between those when working toward LP's. I do have other sims working on other stuff, but nothing is as fast as the one minute meal.
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar Okay. I don't think that I have ever made that dish. So I didn't remember that it existed :)

As mentioned I was able to save about 600 LPs before I began to use them and I still have about 450 LPs which I don't need right now. (On the other tablet I have about 150 unused LPs and was up on about 250 LPs before I started using them.) So I have never tried just hunting for LPs and I wouldn't like to have all my sims losing all their lvl 6 skills just to get them.

But I have noticed that some times it is extremely difficult to get the right items if you just choose fast things like a one minute dish. But maybe this is only the case for other items in other skills where some of the items are masa extremely rare by the developers?

I am not sure if the hunted mansion was available or affordable for me when I instead just bought the haunted objects for another house. Currently I have no desire to built more houses because all my 34 sims have suitable houses to live in and I won't pay for vip10 to get more sims.

I visited btw one of my neighbors who has a town worth about a billion. To my surprise she had bulldozed all the houses (at least) on the main iland. I don't think that I would ever do that ;)
  • Options
    @Erpe, I am sitting here in complete envy of your LP reserve. Mine stands at a whopping 12. :D I find it hard to sit and do one thing for very long, like cooking, clicking, cooking, clicking, catch ghosts, clicking, cooking etc. After this last quest I am just sitting back a few days and letting my sims all work or garden before I get back in to earn some more points.

Every now and then I do find it hard to complete a collection, sometimes cooking sometimes another. The fashion designer one I have four sims working on ( usually) and it look literally about two days to get the last two items. I only just finished the ghost collection for the first time after working forever on it, but I was still in the process of skilling up too. It is almost complete again. I can do that one if I have the sound turned all the way down.

I don't have too many houses, I'd love to build up what I have already before moving on but it costs so much that it will be a long time before I ever see all my lots with something on them. If ever.

I visited a neighbor a while back because the town's worth was so high only to find that yeah, they'd leveled everything. A bit of a disappointment, I enjoy exploring the neighborhoods of others and seeing what cool items they have collected over the years from challenges and stuff. I'm focusing more on building the non residential lots for now. My mall is less than half built, pretty much like half my main island.
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar What I have been doing is just to enter the game about once every two hours (some times a little more often and sometimes a little more seldom). Therefore I usually don't give my sims tasks which takes less than an hour if I can avoid it.

I play the game on two tablets because I don't really like to visit neighbors where it is too time consuming and difficult to find the things I need (like fire hydrants etc). This way I can be my own neighbor and just visit my own wellknown other town if I need rare objects :)

I have only one ghost hunter and he is the sim I most frequently use when I visit another town to get SPs or for similar purposes. The reason is that otherwise he will be finished with ghost hunting after 3 or 3.5 minutes while I won't enter the game again within at least an hour. I need to time to do other things too :)

The hardest hobby for me has been the jester hobby in the castle because it's collection has a couple of items which are very rare. I therefore can have 10 or 11 of the 12 items for days before I finally get the last item which is always number 3 in the last row.

I usually always get 1 to 3 LPs from every competition which is my main reason for doing them. But I believe that you need only masters to participate because otherwise you will probably just get a little money instead.
  • Options
    Just an FYI, once you complete the Life Dreams and Legacies Quest you unlock the singing salmon which maxes your sims needs. It costs $1500. I have one for every sim in my neighborhood so I don't have to worry about fulfilling needs. I also have 167 slices of the Rainbow Cake. I use those to max needs when my sims are working on something at one of the community lots and I don't feel like sending them home.
  • Options
    Just an FYI, once you complete the Life Dreams and Legacies Quest you unlock the singing salmon which maxes your sims needs. It costs $1500. I have one for every sim in my neighborhood so I don't have to worry about fulfilling needs. I also have 167 slices of the Rainbow Cake. I use those to max needs when my sims are working on something at one of the community lots and I don't feel like sending them home.
    Not quite because you need to complete the Life Dreams and Legacies quest within 5 days to get the singing salmon - and I didn't use LPs on that quest. So I didn't get it.

Rainbow cake slices seem to be VIP items (daily rewards for VIP players). But I won't pay for VIP - so I probably can't have them either ;)
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »
    Not quite because you need to complete the Life Dreams and Legacies quest within 5 days to get the singing salmon - and I didn't use LPs on that quest. So I didn't get it.

Rainbow cake slices seem to be VIP items (daily rewards for VIP players). But I won't pay for VIP - so I probably can't have them either ;)

I don't recall paying for them unless I used LPs or SPs. I just remember getting an option to collect them at the mailbox with the daily reward. For the longest time I didn't even know they were accumulating nor did I know what to use them for.
  • Options
    I'm at 85 LPs and once all my sims reach level 6 I'm going to have them start at Level 1 again. Just have them start a new hobby so they forget cooking and it will restart at Level 1.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I don't recall paying for them unless I used LPs or SPs. I just remember getting an option to collect them at the mailbox with the daily reward. For the longest time I didn't even know they were accumulating nor did I know what to use them for.
    You seem to need at least VIP 2 to get rainbow cake slices:

"VIP 2– 30 points are needed to unlock:
    1 Bigger Rainbow Cake per Sim
    1 Daily Rainbow Cake Slices
    6% Daily Simoleons Allowance Bonus
    2% Bonus Social Points in Store Packs
    1% Bonus Lifestyle Points in Store Packs
    1% Bonus Simoleons in Store Packs"

So you must have spent at least about a dollar in the store to get those 30 VIP points.

Edit: Maybe I should consider buying something for a dollar to get to VIP 2. Do you think that getting the rainbow cake slices is worth a dollar?
    Post edited by Erpe on
  • Options

Edit: Maybe I should consider buying something for a dollar to get to VIP 2. Do you think that getting the rainbow cake slices is worth a dollar?

That depends on how much you enjoy filling your sims' needs to be inspired. One slice of cake fills one sim's needs and leaves them inspired for 24 hours, which can be handy while on a timed quest. I'd say it's worth the dollar spent but I don't so much like filling motives in FreePlay on a regular basis since it can be very time consuming. I'd spend the buck, let the cake slices accumulate and use them during a timed quest.
  • Options

That depends on how much you enjoy filling your sims' needs to be inspired. One slice of cake fills one sim's needs and leaves them inspired for 24 hours, which can be handy while on a timed quest. I'd say it's worth the dollar spent but I don't so much like filling motives in FreePlay on a regular basis since it can be very time consuming. I'd spend the buck, let the cake slices accumulate and use them during a timed quest.
    Okay. A dollar isn't much. So I will consider it.
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I use the cooking hobby all the time to collect LPs. I have a house set up with 10 cooking stations. Each station has a fridge, toaster and sink. They are spaced so that it doesn't cause too many routing problems. The toaster allows you to cook the one minute meal. I can usually complete the hobby after about 6-10 1 minute meals using 10 sims. I wash plates and then cook. Rinse and repeat.

I have 10 sims cooking once they have completed their life quests and are normally my elders. I do have the singing salmon and have 10 of them in the kitchen and more in various houses. @Erpe, if you don't have it there is one in the DYI house. But I would spend the 1.00 for the cake slices and begin to collect those. Before I got the salmon, I had bathrooms and showers in my kitchen. :)
    I try to always pick a quest tied to a hobby when possible. Usually my elders are my cooks and adults are ghost hunters in the haunted house. As soon as a sim maxes the hobby I will have them do a different one to reset their skill then put them back in the kitchen!
  • Options

Okay. A dollar isn't much. So I will consider it.
    Hmm... It seems that I looked too quickly because the price for VIP 2 now seems to be about 5 dollars. This is more than I will pay for so little ;)
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    @Jessa_Dakkar @simgirl1010 How do you play this game I have a problem even getting into it. LOL
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar @simgirl1010 How do you play this game I have a problem even getting into it. LOL

Literally getting into the game or like "I just don't really get into this game, it doesn't draw me in and make me want to play"?

If it is technical issues, I am pretty technologically inept. If it is the latter issue well, here is my answer.

I don't play FreePlay like I play other 'The Sims' games. If I went into it with any expectations of a game resembling what I have come to know and love since 2001 I would be immensely disappointed. I just take it for what it is, an app game, a time-waster/filler when I don't have the time or the inclination to fire up any other type of game Sims or otherwise. It's something to do when Facebook is boring and my Pinterest feed is slow, something when supper is cooking and I have maybe five minutes and I don't want to sweep the floor or fold laundry. It's an app game, pure and simple.
    There is no depth, nor do I have an expectation of depth. It is timed quests, untimed quests and challenges. It's creating on a minimal level, and I love to create. Even on such a small scale. Even with such huge restrictions. There is no real gameplay to speak of, and that's ok. It is what it is, a time filler while waiting in the ER or doctor's office. It's a little bit of a challenge and I like a little bit of a challenge. It's optional, it has no obligations, it's free if you want or you can throw a few dollars at it and get some benefit with less effort.

I enjoy the building, though super slow because it's almost prohibitively expensive. I suppose that is intentional to encourage people to pay money. I'm being stubborn and making those sims work right now. I like to visit neighbors and see how they've built up their worlds, what they've earned along the way. That's pretty much it. :)
  • Options

Literally getting into the game or like "I just don't really get into this game, it doesn't draw me in and make me want to play"?

If it is technical issues, I am pretty technologically inept. If it is the latter issue well, here is my answer.

I don't play FreePlay like I play other 'The Sims' games. If I went into it with any expectations of a game resembling what I have come to know and love since 2001 I would be immensely disappointed. I just take it for what it is, an app game, a time-waster/filler when I don't have the time or the inclination to fire up any other type of game Sims or otherwise. It's something to do when Facebook is boring and my Pinterest feed is slow, something when supper is cooking and I have maybe five minutes and I don't want to sweep the floor or fold laundry. It's an app game, pure and simple.
    There is no depth, nor do I have an expectation of depth. It is timed quests, untimed quests and challenges. It's creating on a minimal level, and I love to create. Even on such a small scale. Even with such huge restrictions. There is no real gameplay to speak of, and that's ok. It is what it is, a time filler while waiting in the ER or doctor's office. It's a little bit of a challenge and I like a little bit of a challenge. It's optional, it has no obligations, it's free if you want or you can throw a few dollars at it and get some benefit with less effort.

I enjoy the building, though super slow because it's almost prohibitively expensive. I suppose that is intentional to encourage people to pay money. I'm being stubborn and making those sims work right now. I like to visit neighbors and see how they've built up their worlds, what they've earned along the way. That's pretty much it. :)

Basically the same for me except that I don't do any building or decorating. I'm the task maker and my sims toil from the time they are created until the time they die. Unlike with my PC game there is no attachment. I am currently working on collecting LPs so all of the sims I recently created for this task were game generated with no input from me.

I usually play while doing something else. Cooking, watching tv, throwing the ball to the dog, traveling, or when I just have a few minutes to kill while waiting to do something else.

• Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Basically the same for me except that I don't do any building or decorating. I'm the task maker and my sims toil from the time they are created until the time they die. Unlike with my PC game there is no attachment. I am currently working on collecting LPs so all of the sims I recently created for this task were game generated with no input from me.

I usually play while doing something else. Cooking, watching tv, throwing the ball to the dog, traveling, or when I just have a few minutes to kill while waiting to do something else.

Same. :)
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Same as the last three responses.
  • Options
    If you want more depth then you should also play a game like The Tribez. There is much more to do (after some time). But it is even more slow then the Sims Freeplay.

I have played the Sims Freeplay mainly to increase my lvl until I reach lvl 55 which is the max lvl. I also have played it on two devices to have a little more to do and to always be able to find the things I need in my neighbor's town when I am my own neighbor. I always work on getting as many life points and as much money as possible to be able to build all the possible buildings. I now also work on getting enough life orbs to get all the buildings and places that only can be built for orbs.

The waiting pauses I use for other things like shopping, working, watching TV, reading or playing other games like The Tribez, Township, Boom Beach or Clash of Clans. All those games also have waiting time. So the games suit each other very well ;)

I don't really expect to play the Sims Freeplay forever because the game will probably start boring me - at least when I have built everything and reached the max lvls. ( I am already on max lvl in my iPad game - but I am still only on lvl 53 in my Samsung Galaxy game.) Sooner or later I will probably find either another more interesting game or something else more interesting to do :)

I was earlier a dedicated PC gamer. But now I rarely use my gaming laptop at all. The advantages in playing on my two tablets are too big because the tablets are much more handy and my games on them suit each other very well :)