Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will April disappoint fans?

167891012...Next

Comments

• FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    *gets off the train*
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    If we don't get a Game Pack, I think a Stuff Pack will be out soon. But I think we've got a lot of clothes, hairstyles and furniture already, we need new gameplay. :/

I agree a thousand times to this. I have enough CAS-items and furniture to make whatever style and appearance I wish for. I don't see myself getting any more stuffpacks at this point (I have three), stuff is not what this game is lacking.

Thing is a stuffpack could fill some gaps.

The following areas are lacking

Bedrooms New beds are needed.

Bathrooms More bathtubs,showers and sinks are needed.

A wedding stuffpack is needed. Lack of wedding gowns,no veils and wedding and decor objects are in need of adding.

I'll say it again cat...this game isn't going to get better with "stuff". I'm sure beds, baths and wedding items would be nice to have but they are just a band aid for the boredom of the game. Look at the posts by people who have said that they're tired of the "stuff" they've bought. I'd much rather they were working on better game play than things to make it look nice.

SPs add new gameplay objects.

And they add game play that can become boring quickly. How many times are your Sims going to carve a pumpkin? Make a wish at the wishing well?

Any gameplay can become boring to one person quickly but become regularly used by another. I might play Sims 4 for the next 10 years and carve a pumpkin every October; that wouldn't be a bad use of ten bucks (that's three coffees out, tops). There are 60 possible outcomes at the wishing well, so we could call that, 16 cents an outcome. Say, I wish 10 times before I get bored of it - that's a dollar a wish, plus I've still got a lot of pretty decor and a big fountain my Children like to play in. I might get over that in a few months, but it was still only ten bucks.

Look around the forum. People are bored.

And other people aren't. So? You're thinking stuff packs are no use if they don't fix the people who are bored? Why can't stuff be being made for the people who aren't bored. There are lots of them. They just aren't whining about announcements not being made every day.

Please stop saying I said things I didn't.

Forum's back! I was typing, when it crashed, something along the lines of an apology if I misunderstood - but I seem to have really missed what point you were making, I guess.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I got really excited when I couldn't get onto the forums. I thought that maybe, just maybe, an announcement had been made and it was forum traffic stopping me..... :'(
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited April 2016
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Have they abandoned the game??

Surely they'd announce that if so... :#

At this point I'm not entirely sure they would tbh...

Edit: Wouldn't it be 'hilarious' if after a couple of months of waiting for news, they'd go "Sims 4? Oh that, yeah we're not doing that game anymore..."
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    @Aine That's exactly what I fear. I hope we are wrong and they surprise us with a fantastic EP including cars, weather and chest hair.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    @Aine That's exactly what I fear. I hope we are wrong and they surprise us with a fantastic EP including cars, weather and chest hair.
    That's the worst case scenario. The best case scenario is that they are restructuring the way they are working due to new management. One can hope.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Remember the saying "Dust yourself off and try again"? Well similar situation with The Sims 4 except literally it's just collecting dust. We need a new game pack at least to be our Lemon Pledge but the lack of info is leading me to believe that dust will turn to cobwebs in no time. Dust your cobwebs and try again!
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    Ladies and Gentlemen this is DegrassiGen of Hype Train station 401 with an announcement of the official cancellation of the hype train due to not knowing where we were heading off too. We had map to the new game pack station but a janitor working for an alleged silent company snatched the map claiming that this is one route that shall never be taken. So now I myself can stop living in the hype train with nothing but a suitcase and a dream and take the bus sixteen miles south to Moonlight Falls where I hear everyone is trying to embrace the supernatural. Or embrace their insanity under the full moon with a very classy strait-jacket! This is DegrassiGen signing out through the microphone because the staff of this train left two months ago!
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I've just realised the perfect point to show how lazy EA actually is:

On the back of the box for The Sims 3: Ambitions, the slogan at the top is "Now get to work". Sound familiar to any Sims 4 fans??

Realising this has made me realise the Maxis is probably going to release plum. :(
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    @Swiftlover13 Well, after releasing the same EPs of the same game for the fourth time, every language is running out of words :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    In answer to the OP's question - it already has - so far. Just another day in Paradise - said with disdain and seething..... Maybe they ought to have left the forum down - we got as much news when it wasn't working this morning and afternoon. Maybe save us the trouble of coming here and just make it work when they have something to say....

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    There are no more no gifs, Drake said she'd post an excited gif if we were close to an announcement. Other than that, we're left back in silence. :neutral:
    hmmm...how about if some news is coming I'll just post an excited gif the week of instead?

Nowhere in that quote is it said there will be no more no gifs.
    hmmm...how about if some news is coming I'll just post an excited gif the week of instead?

INSTEAD. means no more no gifs. Do you see it now?

No. Because until I see what she was replying to, it just sounds like she's saying she's going to post an excited gif the week of.

I meant what I said in that quoted statement :) Rather than posting a no gif I will simply post an excited gif the week something is happening instead.

No offense but saying 'nothing this week' or 'nothing this month' would help a lot of people. I'm sure you've noticed the amount of threads that have been closed lately because players have reached the end of their tether waiting to hear something, and more and more threads with people fighting. The community is falling apart due to the lack of communication.

Personally @SimGuruDrake saying no is pretty aggravating because many of us have been waiting for a very long time for EA/Maxis to give us some sort of information of some kind, they haven't. How long are we meant to wait? I want an actual EP or a good GP instead of being feed Stuff packs which last five minutes :neutral:
    giphy_1.gif
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    If we do not get anything this month I will not be happy, but what can ya do, :(.