Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cleanbot stuck (SOLVED)

meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
edited April 2016 in The Sims 2
I'm making my sim make everything on the robot crafting station because I want him to eventually build a Servo, but I have a problem.

My sim got the bronze badge and was able to make a cleanbot and a hydrobot. When he finished making the cleanbot I moved it in build mode (as the game instructs you to) but when I did that I couldn't click on the robot at all.

When I click on the robot crafting station it says "sell for 0" (when it was on the table I could sell it for 800 so it's not broken). I tried everything. I put the cleanbot back on the station, nothing. I used moo and deleted the cleanbot, but when I clicked on the station it still said "sell for 0".

Then I sold the robot crafting station and got a new one, but when my sim made another cleanbot the same thing happened again!

Does anyone know what I can do? I've already googled variations of the problem but can't find anything sadly. I'm playing the mac version (Super Collection) but I haven't experienced bugs like this before except for a dog getting stuck in the tub (which was easily fixed).

Thank you in advance!
Post edited by meepweep on

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi :)

Make sure it has it's stand or plug-in port when moving them.

Have them make more than one and then the one they make will go into their inventory, then you can cancel the onne they're working on.

• meepweepmeepweep Posts: 309 Member
    @Rflong7 Hi thank you for your help! I've been looking everywhere in build mode for the plug in port and stand but I can't seem to find it. It isn't in electronics or in the open for business buy mode pack, and they can't make it on the robot crafting station. Do you know where I can find it?
  • LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    @meepweep
    My legacy Sims are currently in the Zone for Tinkering and have earned the Silver Robotic Talent Badge.
    I am not quite clear from your post what you are doing.
    You instruct your Sim to either create "one" of the objects or "many". Once completed it is automatically placed in the Sims Inventory.
    If you stop after partially making it, the option to continue or scrap the item is available. Once completed, this item will not automatically be placed in your inventory; you can move it there or you can instruct your Sim to sell it (adds to the Sim's earnings to date) or you can use Buy/Build mode and delete to sell it yourself.
    I have never known about this stand or plug-in port that Rflong7 is writing about - I just have the Robotic Machine found in Buy Mode.
    With regards to sell value for your objects - if left on the machine, the value decreases daily. If it has not been made well (not everything does turn out well regardless of skill!), it can be less than what was paid for making it.
    Hope this helps?
    Good luck with your game! :)
    I thought I explained it pretty well but apparently not..

I had my sim "make many" on the crafting station just now and it appears grabbing the machine from the inventory makes it so it has the "stand". When I had him make one it was left on the station it had no stand, which for some reason bugged it out and made it non usable, only available to sell. Thank you for your help!
    edited April 2016
    Sorry, it's one piece when they're made. :)

The only time it got stuck was not able to use one was when I grabbed the machine and left the base on there.

This is it- it has a base or docking station and the bot. It looks like one whole piece but it's two.
    17.jpg

The docking station is by the door, you can kind of see it.
    17.jpg

I was just wondering, when you grabbed it if you left the docking station on the robotics table. It's hard to know when I can't see. :)

Have you used one, yet? You should.
    It wasn't left on the crafting station as far as I know! When I made many the bots they were left in his inventory standing on the docking station, so that's what the problem was. I feel a bit stupid for not realizing this myself :lol:

I've used the cleanbot and hydrobot now and it's working well! So I guess just making one made it so the sim didn't put it in their inventory for some reason.
    They don't put it in when making one, no. They leave it on the station. That's how I messed one up- moving it and it separated from the docking station. :)
    @meepweep
    Glad things have worked out!
    I sell all the objects except for the Servo - I might try keeping the CleanBot and HydroBot to find out what they do! :)
    Do you know what the MunchBot does?
    179snapshot_63364107_e40d1f18.jpg
    Yes! The CleanBot is good for throwing away yesterday's newspaper and taking out the trash mostly. The Hydrobot waters your flowers. I wish it would take care of them overgrowing and the weeds but yeah. I haven't made the MunchBot yet, my sim still needs to level up in his robot crafting :)
    @ meepweep
    I have just built a greenhouse for my family so the newspaper goes on the compost heap - would the CleanBot do this?
    The Hydrobot is good if you have flowers - I tend to opt for shrubs and if it does not trim them, it is not much use to me. :(
    I will have my Sim make another Munchbot and try to discover the interactions and let you know. :)
    edited April 2016
    The cleanbot will clean up dishes off the floor, Sometimes I'd drag them to the floor so it could clean them up.- *mine broke more than it worked.

The munchie bot will go get food- Pizza mostly but Chinese if Uni is installed. :)

Sentry bot is great! But when it breaks it'll zap your Sims until it's turned off. :lol:
    ^ Yup :) My sim just made this bot

S4yBBDP.png?1

When my sim turned it on it went off the lot and came back immediately, with a pizza (which the household was charged for)

Nh87CAZ.png?1

Pretty cute tbh :)
    @Rflong7
    Is the SentryBot a deterrent for burglars?

@meepweep
    Thank you for the pictures - I love you are playing the Curious brothers in Strangetown for the pizza delivery! :)
    ^ Yes, the sentrybot is for just that! My sim just made it but I haven't had any burglars just yet.

Hehe thank you I'm having a lot of fun!
    The Sentry bot will also zap paper thieves. :D
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Those are AWESOME! Is this an expansion pack? Please say it's a career reward thing of some sort! I have a feeling I'm going to be bummed by the answer, though.
    They're from an Expansion- Open for Business
  • SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    That's what I was afraid of, lol, thanks Rflong7. Much appreciated.