Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I kinda want this game but......

Comments

• ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Building is more clunky and limiting actually. You can no longer build freely you have to build room by room. So you're limited to the interior designs.

I don't understand this. I build a lot in this game and only sometimes build room by room.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Building is more clunky and limiting actually. You can no longer build freely you have to build room by room. So you're limited to the interior designs.

I don't understand this. I build a lot in this game and only sometimes build room by room.

Me either. Maybe its an April Fools thing?
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I saw it on sale at 1/2 off on Origin. O.o
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited April 2016

Technically you can place objects without walls since I do that with the rags to riches households, but yeah I get the internal building comment. Basically it's great that we can build and tweak all these things inside the house, but when it comes to landscaping and sculpting the outside of the house or the town's landscaping, that freedom is not there. Tools like terrain and being able to place lots and place objects in the town would have to be there to make external editing possible again. It's like you can build the dollhouse, but you can't set the setting around the dollhouse anymore. Very much like how the Sims 1 worlds work. They are all presets and confined spaces.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »

Technically you can place objects without walls since I do that with the rags to riches households, but yeah I get the internal building comment. Basically it's great that we can build and tweak all these things inside the house, but when it comes to landscaping and sculpting the outside of the house or the town's landscaping, that freedom is not there. Tools like terrain and being able to place lots and place objects in the town would have to be there to make external editing possible again. It's like you can build the dollhouse, but you can't set the setting around the dollhouse anymore. Very much like how the Sims 1 worlds work. They are all presets and confined spaces.
    Hmm. Ok, I understand what you're saying but definitely didn't get that from the other poster. It would be nice to have some more options beyond the lots themselves, especially the ability to edit public spaces, but it's not just interior. I've seen some amazing exteriors and some pretty awesome landscaping. So saying you have to build room by room or only interiors is a bit exaggerated.
  • Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    edited April 2016
    Yeah I have a lot of fun with the building options in the sims 4, it has spoiled me so much so that a while back when I decided to go try playing sims 3 again I could not find the patience to build anything... lol
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    edited April 2016
    To me, while a few tools are good- like the roof tool- it is wasted on me when I can't color the walls the shade I want or that they tools are so wrongly placed that they become annoying. I still build more in TS2 and TS3 then I ever will in TS4. It's annoying and my patience isn't always up to the task. :lol:
    I like that in the sims 4 you can pick up entire rooms in a house and move and rotate them around without having to redo everything and you can make basements on any level of foundation, which was impressive to me xD, I also rather enjoy having to take time to decide what fits on the walls and the house exterior xD I find it makes finishing a room more satisfying, because I had to mix and match and find things that look good together rather then just make everything pink manually. lol

Sims 4 is amazing for building in my opinion, I have not been able to go back and play sims 3 again and enjoy it like I enjoy 4... but that is just because too many things about sims 4 appeal to me over sims 3, even tho I have all the add on's for sims 3... I just can't get into it anymore... D:
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    Lol- So, CASt was only to make things all pink? or one color? - that is funny. :lol:

The Sims 4 is too limiting in creating what I want to play it longer than a few minutes. I can finish a house in less than an house because so much can't be made. :lol:
    Ah, yeah I only ever used it to make EVERYTHING the exact same color/pattern lol. my houses looked so horrid it was a crime.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    edited April 2016
    Ah, I see. Well, I used it to create themes and rundown areas and space and more than just one color. It was harder maybe for some but for me it was a palate of possibilities to create Everything. Now, I'm down to 3 colors which don't blend... at least my crayons blended. :lol:

*I remember when I thought it wouldn't matter- before the game was out- because I actually thought Maxis would make More options then they did. Now it's back to Sims 1- Sims 2 had tools to make more for walls and floors and clothes, at least. :)
  • Swiftlover13Swiftlover13 Posts: 2,369 Member
    I think EA should at least implement a colour wheel into the game. CASt was good and all, and I'm sad it's gone, but making a leopard-print table isn't what matters. What does matter is being able to change the colours.

Even if we are stuck to colour swatches, at least make them match. PLEASE EA
    I guess it really depends on how you like to create your game play. xD
    The only thing that bothered me about sims 4 base game is no bug catching. And I am probably the only person ever to be bugged by it, no pun intended. lol
    But they added bug catching in the camping add on thing, so that's mostly why I bought it, that and bear costumes.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
    I think the EPs and GPs for Sims 4 have been great so far, but this is only based on reviews and guides, not from first hand experience. I think Spa Day and Get to Work are particularly good (although I'm not a fan of the new naming theme.....)

The Stuff Packs are a bit overpriced (even at £7) but, looking at them, the content in some of them (I say "some" because Spooky Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff are plum ugly) is really nicely designed.

I find the lack of Family play in Sims 4 unacceptable and lazy, but it probably won't affect me because I've never been a family player.

The Stuff Packs are a bit overpriced (even at £7) but, looking at them, the content in some of them (I say "some" because Spooky Stuff and Movie Hangout Stuff are plum ugly) is really nicely designed.

Well, I say that, but I'll still probably buy them all anyway. I even bought Katy Perry's Sweet Treats just so I could have all the available content for the game.......
    I think EA should at least implement a colour wheel into the game. CASt was good and all, and I'm sad it's gone, but making a leopard-print table isn't what matters. What does matter is being able to change the colours.

Even if we are stuck to colour swatches, at least make them match. PLEASE EA

Hm, never made a leopard print table... but if it doesn't matter, then really, a color wheel doesn't matter. It's that point which matters to that person playing. I've lost worlds creating, neighborhood creating/editing like TS2, color of Sims options, less hair color options, down to furniture that doesn't match... I so am not going to CC again like I did with TS2. This game cut me out of so much that a color wheel of more than 4 options is not even considered a band-aid. :lol:
  • PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Lol- So, CASt was only to make things all pink? or one color? - that is funny. :lol:

The Sims 4 is too limiting in creating what I want to play it longer than a few minutes. I can finish a house in less than an house because so much can't be made. :lol:

Oh, how I miss CASt! If they didn't want to give us CASt, then I wish they could have at least made things match for us.

Here's something that drives me crazy. This cabinet is supposed to go with this counter. They are from the same set, and the same color square was chosen. They are not the same color:
    04-01-16_5-01-09nbspPM_zps6iplxcre.png

Same with couches and loveseats, and dressers and nightstands. If they were going to take away our freedom to color, at least they could have given us matching items. :(
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
    I can see a color wheel working, where all items are white by default and you can just tint them using the color wheel.That would be cool.
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    It's called the "Sim Slide Dance" @Swiftlover13 and it goes like this.....you take two steps forward (The Sims 4 CAS/Build Mode) and then take ten steps back (Base game lacking, originally only four community lots per world, no create a style, no toddlers, no transportation, no basic NPC's like (burglars, fire fighters, police officers, babysitters, etc), gender stereotypes have made a comeback (men are not allowed to wear normal makeup except for alien makeup and eyeliner while previously this was allowed since The Sims 2, women can wear fairy outfits but men can't unlike The Sims 3 Supernatural when men could), beds for couples act as two single beds where they don't even cuddle together, your being told what to do in dating, etc). The lists goes on but I'll spare the rest of that pain!
    Piperbird wrote: »

Oh, how I miss CASt! If they didn't want to give us CASt, then I wish they could have at least made things match for us.

Here's something that drives me crazy. This cabinet is supposed to go with this counter. They are from the same set, and the same color square was chosen. They are not the same color:

Same with couches and loveseats, and dressers and nightstands. If they were going to take away our freedom to color, at least they could have given us matching items. :(

I know, right? I actually tried to make a few houses this last few days and had to compromise... The Roof tool is cool, the pool tool is nice... but so much less that I felt sad. Decorating was never my strong suit but I could before and now I like white again (I like it a lot in TS2). :lol:
    I honestly full heartedly love the Sims 4.
    I love the art style I love the emotions, I love the sounds all of it the sims 4 has amazing environmental sounds. I love the little environmental animals that make the worlds areas seem so lively, I love going to places and it's full of sims doing what ever it is they want to do, I love the lighting how ambient and warm it feels, I love the pregnancy how your sim wears anything now, I like the little critters you can find while exploring space in a rabbit hole, even the little space rabbit hole encounters are super cute. I am 100% in love with the plant life and everything plant related in sims 4. I could go on forever.
    I love all the sims games for their unique individuality. :)
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited April 2016
    So am I the only one fine with the lack of toddlers in the game? It just seems that is the main reason some people hate the game.

I'm not bothered about the lack of toddlers either. I support the people who want them back (because in the end they were important to people and I can skip over it easily enough) but yeah, they're just not on my radar at all.
    Piperbird wrote: »

Ugh YES! I've always said I don't miss CASt and I still don't miss CASt, but goodness it drives me bonkers that there is always ONE item from a matching set that just doesn't have a single matching colour.

There's a bar that came with Get Together that looks super cool with like, neon and everything. Does it match with any of the counters that came with that expansion so I can create additional seating? Nope. Does it match with any of the existing items already in the game? Nope.

I barely use that bar because it just flat out doesn't match anything. Why you do this EA? Is it that hard to make colours match?
    I THINK I'VE FOUND WHAT BUGS ME!

I think I know why Sims 4 feels so different! It's the fact that the menus are no longer that awesome blue colour with a jigsaw-like design. Arrrgh!
    Ah, I see. Well, I used it to create themes and rundown areas and space and more than just one color. It was harder maybe for some but for me it was a palate of possibilities to create Everything. Now, I'm down to 3 colors which don't blend... at least my crayons blended. :lol:

*I remember when I thought it wouldn't matter- before the game was out- because I actually thought Maxis would make More options then they did. Now it's back to Sims 1- Sims 2 had tools to make more for walls and floors and clothes, at least. :)

Yeah they really need to beef up the color, pattern and texture options, no doubt. Especially textures so we can make some dingy, grungy stuff. That's my biggest beef with build mode, I think. Need more grunge. XD
    we need Vampies, they will bring the grunge, I want cemeteries and crypts and candles and more grungy brick/stone stuff ;w;
    Z6gfpiv.png?1