Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Retail: finish ringing up customers when store is closed

This is just a little thing that has been bothering me that I'm hoping could get tweaked...

Sometimes my retail stores can be very busy around the time I'm ready to close. I can get several purchases right at the end of the day. However, customers continue to arrive and make purchases as I'm ringing the first few up and it turns into a bit of a never-ending cycle. If I close the store, all the sims will immediately leave, including the ones who are ready to make a purchase. I'm hoping this could be changed so that the sims already waiting to buy something will stay until the transaction has been processed. Unless we manually tell them to leave.

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    This is just a little thing that has been bothering me that I'm hoping could get tweaked...

Sometimes my retail stores can be very busy around the time I'm ready to close. I can get several purchases right at the end of the day. However, customers continue to arrive and make purchases as I'm ringing the first few up and it turns into a bit of a never-ending cycle. If I close the store, all the sims will immediately leave, including the ones who are ready to make a purchase. I'm hoping this could be changed so that the sims already waiting to buy something will stay until the transaction has been processed. Unless we manually tell them to leave.

Yeah, unfortunantly they don't seem to be interested in touching GTW again. Which is a shmae because there is much that desperatly needs improving there and some things that could actually be done and patched.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    edited March 2016
    The retail system in sims 4 leaves much to be desired . There are so many things that they just got wrong , including the non line-ups and useless cash registers. When it's time to close shop just lock the door so no one else can enter and unlock it when someone needs to leave. I know it's a pain to do it this way but it's the way I do it.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    There are so many things I'd wish they'd change about this expansion, but I doubt it'll happen. I don't believe it worked that way in Sims 2, at least, I think that customers who were in line stayed even after closing.
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Thank you the replies. @Frn0731 I'll try your suggestion about locking the door a little time before I'm ready to close. :)