Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited March 2017
    I only play custom worlds now. The two that I can't live without are St. Claire, by Awesims, and Beach City, by Rflong7. Both worlds are incredibly detailed with well delineated suburban, urban, and rural areas. These worlds are what the official worlds should have been. They made great use of all EPs and it was very easy to add store content to round out the experience.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ArielGrintArielGrint Posts: 50 Member
    I keep finding myself going back to Moonlight Falls, even if I have started playing the family in another city. I just really love the Victorian look that it has and the arboretum is one of my favourite places, I often send my sims on dates there, they just enjoy the garden, watch the stars and look for fairies all the time ;) I often play families where at least one of the Sims is a supernatural(in my current family all of them are actually) and I think they fit more naturally in Moonlight Falls. My current family started off in Twinbrook which I actually enjoyed quite a lot, but my female sim got an unexpected inheritance in form of a huge abandoned Victorian mansion(still WIP) in Moonlight Falls, just in time for the arrival of her first child, so they are moving there now. Her vampire brother in law is very excited about the move, as he is a Fire Chief and citizens of Twinbrook sometimes look at him funny when he arrives to the emergency sparkling like a human disco ball...

I've never played any custom worlds apart from the ones from Store. I did like the general aesthetic of Midnight Hollow, but I honestly couldn't stand the lighting in there, it just felt far too depressing for me, even though I understand that it fits the town well. Sometimes I just want to have a nice Spring/Summer sunshine that doesn't make everything look grey, I think even serial killers and psychos deserve that :)
  • Options
    ChokoronChokoron Posts: 6 New Member
    Absolutley Moonlight Falls! I'm working on creating my own world based off my fictional town Pine Harbor. It's set in Maine. There isn't really any Sims 3 town like that, official or EA, but Moonlight Falls looks the closest to a coastal, mountainous, new england town.
  • Options
    shakeninsaneshakeninsane Posts: 518 Member
    Sunlit Tides, Riverview and Sunset Valley are probably my favorite EA worlds. Especially Sunlit Tides. (If you ignore the routing and lag). It's a really beautiful world! The IP world is also a very nice one, nature-wise, but horrible imo when it comes to annoying roads, routing and the island hopping that causes so many issues. Sunset Valley is a bit boring, but still one of the least buggy ones, has a lot of great characters, nice nature, well thought of-layout etc.

The Harmony world that someone made, is very nice. I love the city-feel of it, and it's VERY well made. Great details everywhere. Very little routing issues and lag compared to how PACKED it is. Kudos to who made it. (I forget their names)

I've tried sooo many worlds, and most of the time they look amazing but they never quite are what I want. Either they use the rabbit holes underground, (I prefer the rugs), or they have too many similar lots, (ya know why u never see sims on your lots? because you have SIX parks and SEVEN beaches, and ALL lots can be visited...just stop)

I wish my CAW wasn't so buggy, then I would have made more myself, but I can only make small flat islands.

PS, where is the best place to get a hold of worlds these days? I find it hard to find, especially because I don't have Generations, haha.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2017

PS, where is the best place to get a hold of worlds these days? I find it hard to find, especially because I don't have Generations, haha.

Just in case you haven't already, try here :):

thesimscatalog.com/product-category/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-worlds/
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    luanaeviluanaevi Posts: 6 New Member
    Jericho on MTS. It's beuatiful, has lots of space and the houses are so well decorated.
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I'm so happy to see people still posting in here. It's been giving me worlds to try (and reconsider~!)

I would like to remind everyone, though: If you are mentioning a NON-EA world, please provide a link (if possible) and let people know if the world has additional custom content necessary to download. Thanks!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    I'm still finding my way around trying to install mods. But I would love to try CC and user-created worlds to explore. In fact, I'm trying to find CAW so that I can create my own to play in. I love the sandbox feel of Sims 3 and prefer it. Now if I only had the souped up machine to be able to run it without too much lag and game-stalls. Maybe I'll win the Lotto Max ($50M... I'm a Canuck)) I can get a decent computer...that's after I go into the camera store and buy out their range of Nikon super-telephotos up to and including the 800mm f/5.6. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2017
    EA: IP, LP & ST

Coasterboi's Los Aniegos

Jasumi's Oahu
    http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2011/06/oahu-hawaiian-island-by-jasumi.html

Rflong's Winter Wonderland

London World (need strong PC to run this)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sQefeesixY

Simkeys Paris
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgcHQM0b3ek

wisteriabrayan Hogwarts (perfect for Supernatural EP)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xut5btwjo_E
    Post edited by yoshi_dragur2012 on
  • Options
    AnckaaAnckaa Posts: 63 Member
    I recently found a Mayfield Springs world and I absolutely love it! It's huge and has a lot of community lots and beautiful houses.

Here's the video of it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=jkzgchtExLc
  • Options
    helleenlinahelleenlina Posts: 13 New Member
    I really like Isla Paradiso and Moonlight falls.
  • Options
    gothceltgirlgothceltgirl Posts: 10 New Member
    I really love Moonlight Falls, so dark & Goth, as well as Bridgeport b/c of the urban environment, wish we had more of those. And I find myself going back to a user-created world all the time: Homestead Hill. It's great. I actually downloaded a few, but it's the only one which actually worked. I am working on my own world, neglected it for a while, called Flat Earth. I'm hoping to combine urban & suburban smoothly. Hopefully it'll be the best of both worlds.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,427 Member
    edited May 2017
    The only worlds I have are provided by EA: Sunset Valley, Riverview, Bridgeport and the three World Adventures locations. I'm not brave enough to venture to installing user-created worlds but eventually I will. I still have to get CAW too to create my own world. But that will eventually happen after getting familiar with the worlds EA creates.

After playing for a while: I find that I'm partial to Sunset Valley and Riverview. I just can't seem to get into the hustle and bustle of Bridgeport - seems too overwhelming. I tried it once...never been back since.

But my absolute favorite is: Riverview. Guess I must be a country boy at heart.

Well a simple kinda life never did me no harm
    A raisin' me a family and workin' on a farm
    My days are all filled with an easy country charm
    Thank God I'm a country boy
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    The only worlds I have are provided by EA: Sunset Valley, Riverview, Bridgeport and the three World Adventures locations. I'm not brave enough to venture to installing user-created worlds but eventually I will. I still have to get CAW too to create my own world. But that will eventually happen after getting familiar with the worlds EA creates.

After playing for a while: I find that I'm partial to Sunset Valley and Riverview. I just can't seem to get into the hustle and bustle of Bridgeport - seems too overwhelming. I tried it once...never been back since.

Actually CC worlds are way better they are interesting to have your sim live in them.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member

Actually CC worlds are way better they are interesting to have your sim live in them.

I will argue that, for some people, EA worlds are better suited for their needs. Maybe their computer can't handle all of the content that comes with CC worlds? Maybe they aren't so versed in installing CC?

That said, though, I often play in worlds created by other people. I will run back to Appaloosia Plains or one of the other suburban worlds by EA every once in a while because I can't stand the lag that comes from having a full world, but I prefer all of the interesting worlds that people can create!
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    mizuru007 wrote: »

I will argue that, for some people, EA worlds are better suited for their needs. Maybe their computer can't handle all of the content that comes with CC worlds? Maybe they aren't so versed in installing CC?

That said, though, I often play in worlds created by other people. I will run back to Appaloosia Plains or one of the other suburban worlds by EA every once in a while because I can't stand the lag that comes from having a full world, but I prefer all of the interesting worlds that people can create!
    Not all world are huge and I have no problems with bigger CC worlds like Setra my computer is capable of running them. Like I said not all CC world are huge like Setra. @Rflong7 has awesome CC worlds.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Just to clarify for those who might not know, player-created worlds are considered custom content just because they aren't official EA content made by EA employees; but Rflong7's worlds do not contain any extra custom content - unless you count EA content from the Sims 3 Store (and that just gets replaced or will be missing if you don't have it) as custom content.

A few of her worlds have a couple of free EA Store content items or on occasion Premium content items if you own those already. But no third party CC at all. I have just about all of her worlds and I can vouch for that, as long as you download them from the links she posts (not going to guarantee any other places that might have inappropriately uploaded her stuff).

Just wanted to clarify that because I know the whole 'custom content' definition thing can get confusing.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    Just to clarify for those who might not know, player-created worlds are considered custom content just because they aren't official EA content made by EA employees; but Rflong7's worlds do not contain any extra custom content - unless you count EA content from the Sims 3 Store (and that just gets replaced or will be missing if you don't have it) as custom content.

A few of her worlds have a couple of free EA Store content items or on occasion Premium content items if you own those already. But no third party CC at all. I have just about all of her worlds and I can vouch for that, as long as you download them from the links she posts (not going to guarantee any other places that might have inappropriately uploaded her stuff).

Just wanted to clarify that because I know the whole 'custom content' definition thing can get confusing.
    I always choose the world's that don't have extra content that I wouldn't want I choose the ones with game or store content.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    mortandphilmortandphil Posts: 5 New Member
    Has anyone had any luck in changing a world name? I'm using Sunset Valley, but I've built it up and changed it so much (added apartment buildings from Late Night, show venues from Showtime, etc), that I feel like I'd rather have a different name--in my case, Mammoth Springs. I've renamed the police department and the hospital, but I can't rename the world itself. I've even tried editing the WDNM item in the .world file (using a hex editor), but my messages always say something like "The town council of has conferred on you the title of.." and that sort of thing. A blank space where the town name would be. If someone here knows how to do it, that would be great. Thanks, everyone!
  • Options
    fionaloveserranofionaloveserrano Posts: 584 Member
    There aren't world's I can't live without, each family is made for the specific world. Their lives kind of revolve around what world they're living in. If they live in appaloosa plains they're most likely farmers, and very family involved. If they live in Bridgeport, they won't have a lot of children, and the sims tend to be more work enthused. Each story is slightly different but the worlds affect it a lot
  • Options
    trishyjacktrishyjack Posts: 49 Member
    I almost always play in appaloosa Plains. I like that it has a lot of empty lot to customize the world. Next is Sunset Valley, Starlight Shores, Lucky Palms and Aurora.
  • Options
    tsunamimomtsunamimom Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Cynna said:
    >
    > Just in case you haven't already, try here :):
    >
    > thesimscatalog.com/product-category/the-sims-3/the-sims-3-worlds/

Great resource, thanks @Cynna
  • Options
    PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    I like Starlight Shores. It's a good balance of city-life and nature (with a giant beach on one end, and towering mountains on the other, and plenty of parks too). I also love how modern yet green it is. Bridgeport is just too grey for me, and other worlds are too laid-back and quiet.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top