Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,426 Member
    edited October 2022
    This is more of a question than a recommendation. I haven't played in loads of worlds so I don't have too many of those.

Is there a sims world that is absolutely tiny (rapid loading) where I can test a single sim or families that I create before using. Instead of loading a whole game world I would like to find a "world" dedicated to just creating sims - in the same vein as a Builder's world.

I had one before, but unfortunately with my deceased computer being unable to be salvaged at the moment (finances to convert the internal HDD to an external backup)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    This is more of a question than a recommendation. I haven't played in loads of worlds so I don't have too many of those.

Is there a sims world that is absolutely tiny (rapid loading) where I can test a single sim or families that I create before using. Instead of loading a whole game world I would like to find a "world" dedicated to just creating sims - in the same vein as a Builder's world.

I had one before, but unfortunately with my deceased computer being unable to be salvaged at the moment (finances to convert the internal HDD to an external backup)

There is one tiny world I downloaded but can’t check it right now. I’m using my phone. but if you go to the exchange and search for the smallest size world with the minimum lots you will find 18. The one that looks like a tropical island with a palm tree looks like it might be the world I downloaded. It turned out to be too small for me but might be what you’re looking for.
  • Mread1Mread1 Posts: 7 New Member
    moonlight fals
  • LamaaaayLamaaaay Posts: 66 Member
    I will go between all the different worlds pretty regularly. But I have 3 that I always go back to every time, that being Appaloosa Plains, Roaring Heights, and Moonlight Falls. I think that might be because they all feel like if you shoved them together into one big jumbled mess it reminds me of where I live. And also Appaloosa Plains is just the definition of Fall and that's my favourite season so it gets bonus points for that.
  • BuildModeBuildMode Posts: 23 Member
    Sunset Valley. Classic and timeless.
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I think I answered on this before but here goes anyway. I love Sunset Valley, as I seem to play there the most, but I also love Twinbrook. Those two worlds just have the most for my gameplay. If only they had supplied a train for those tracks in Twinbrook then I would be in heaven!

For Sims 3 store worlds, I adore Roaring Heights, Lucky Palms, and Lunar Lakes. They are so pretty.
    I need to play in the other store worlds more - like Aurora Skies and Dragon Valley. They are beautiful too but I just don't use them as much and I should. Also I love what one player said about Appaloosa Plains being the definition of Fall. I can really see that! Should play there more too.
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • tanezumitanezumi Posts: 15 Member
    to be technicAL, the original worlds arent bad at all. sims 3 is a really nice looking game for its time. i would play in every world dependinG on what i am doing, the thing is that they have routing errors and downloading the fixed ones arereally the only solution to it. custom worlds, i like to play my own really. it has its own charm to it; that it is my world i created.
  • AliceMamaJakeAliceMamaJake Posts: 2 New Member
    I love Barnacle bay. But most off the time I just move a lot because i get bored with the housing
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I love Barnacle bay. But most off the time I just move a lot because i get bored with the housing
    Barnacle Bay and Island Paradise content in Sunlit Tides.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Moonlight Falls, Appaloosa Plains & Bridgeport are the best in Sims 3. ;)
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Am I alone in loving Midnight Hollow? Which zi can't currently access due to ongoing issues with that EA app, that i hope will soon be fixed.

I love the dark Victorian Gothic ambiance, the architectural details, the fact that they have an actual diagon alley although I still don't know how to make all those places of business actually work: every last one of the has cash registers with no employee, asking my character to hire a cashier even though I'm not the proprietor.

I love the Magic Ticket Toy Shop that came with the gold edition, and the demented townies with Easter eggs about The Nightmare Before Christmas and many other fandoms as well.

Haven't trie Aurora Skies but want to if EA ever sorts out its new app and makes it play nicely with Sims3 store content.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    edited March 2023
    hello

Post edited by DivinylsFan on
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
  • ley65ley65 Posts: 19 Member
    a bit basic, but sunset valley is just so nostalgic for me and one of my all time favourite worlds.
  • PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    I love Dragon Valley not for the actual town (cuz I swear I get some of the worst lag and script errors in that world) but for the colorful households! I saved all of them to the bin and put them in custom worlds so I can still have my rainbow sims without the lag!
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
  • PantasticalCatPantasticalCat Posts: 38 Member
    face wrote: »
    I prefer a realistic gameplay, so I didn't give Supernatural a second thought... Until I saw pictures of the town. I'm a Twin Peaks and Twilight fanatic and Moonlight Falls just scratches all those itches.

Also, Aurora Skies, but I live in Northern Europe so I'm most likely biased.

lol I know this is kind of an old post but the twilight shoutout made me laugh so hard cuz I have family in Washington and I've been to the place where the movies "supposedly" take place (it was actually filmed elsewhere) and... let's just say I wouldn't blame Bella for being PO'd at moving there! :D I think it was like a single road town...

but I totally agree with you with the forest-y PNW vibe!! I love Moonlight Falls so much!
    ~Call me Cat, compulsive storyteller!
  • SimmingWithDanaeSimmingWithDanae Posts: 15 Member
    I think the diversity of worlds in the Sims 3 and the beautiful detail that's gone into all of them is one of the biggest strengths of the Sims 3. I don't know if I could pick a favorite, but the one I've played the most is definitely Sunset Valley. I also like Bridgeport, the island worlds, Monte Vista, Moonlight Falls, and the vacation worlds.

P.S. - Speaking of the vacation worlds, can we all take a moment to appreciate the fact that in a franchise where expansions only come with one new world, if any at all, World Adventures came with 3? She is an icon and the moment.
  • BaronwynBaronwyn Posts: 15 Member
    I cannot get into Bridgeport (it downloads fine but won't install), which I would love to do, but I sure enjoy Isla Paradiso.
  • AriesValentineAriesValentine Posts: 29 Member
    I cannot live without Sunset Valley, Ik I am a basic B, but like. Sunset Valley is so iconic. I was around 10 years old playing this game and its spinoffs. I mean I have all the games. Sims 1, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4 and all the packs except for Sims 3 and Sims 4. The funny thing is, I played it on Xbox when my CDs were destroyed by my mom originally. I rebought the packs and had all the expansion packs. (Even Adventureland) but yeah Sunset Valley is so iconic, in fact its referenced in 4 if you find a penpal, there's a chance someone from Sunset Valley will send a note saying: "Everyone moved from here, it used to be so lively" and what not.
  • stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    I can't live without Twinbrooks, or at least, the enlarged version which someone made. There's more map area and you can build on the water.
    but yeah Sunset Valley is so iconic, in fact its referenced in 4 if you find a penpal, there's a chance someone from Sunset Valley will send a note saying: "Everyone moved from here, it used to be so lively" and what not.

That's almost sad. I have such fond memories of this game, and chatting with everyone. It's sad that this place isn't busier but... it's really awesome that so much of the downloads and info about the game are still intact.

• Simexpert123Simexpert123 Posts: 809 Member
    Sunset Valley!!! I know, it's basic, but I love it so much! :blush:
  • bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member

Barnacle Bay is one of my favorite worlds too. I've made a lot of houses & commercial lots that I uploaded to my studio years ago. I had to download a couple myself recently when I couldn't find them on my hard drive and the Save File button seems to work best.

https://www.thesims3.com/userExchange.html?persona=bklienhart&assetType=lot
  • MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 373 Member
    It's been a while since I posted in this thread but I have another world I like to add: Isla Paradiso.

It is one of the most beautiful EA worlds, in my opinion. Ever since downloading the fixed version from MTS alongside another mod to fix the pie menu lag that occurs after playing in it (for some bizarre reason) I've been able to enjoy it without worrying something is going to get messed up.
  • Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    Midnight Hollow!! Also Isla Paradiso. I’m also playing in a small Custom world right now called Rock City and I love it. Isla Escudo is also great. I just really love islands/tropical locations haha.
  • EldraiEldrai Posts: 25 Member
    Another vote for Sunset Valley here. I just love it. Though I also like the style of houses and desert setting of Lucky Palms too.
  • CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    My favorites are Sunset Valley, Appaloosa Plains and Starlight Shores. I would like Isla Paradiso more, but it is soooo laggy.
    Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top