Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds You Can't Live Without

mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
First off, I feel like a thread like this needs to be stickied at the top of this subforum. This is clearly the main Sims forum now, so this needs to be easily accessible. Paging @SimGuruDrake to do so if you feel it's worthy!!

This is the thread for posting about worlds that you have found over the years for TS3 that you know love and can't imagine ever not having in your game. They can be your worlds, worlds that you've found in other places online, whatever! Just make sure to note if the world in question also requires CC (if the CC comes packaged with the world, make note of that, too!)

To start this off, I'm immediately giving a shoutout to Legacy Island III by @Rflong7. One of my absolute favorite worlds to have ever played in EVER. It's large, but contains content from every single expansion, which is perfect for me. Few, if any, routing issues. No CC necessary, just expansions!

Second is Alpine County by @western077 . HUMONGOUS world that utilizes a lot of different content from different expansions. I adore it, but don't play in it very often because of its size. Comes in both populated and unpopulated forms! Says it doesn't require CC or store items, but I feel as if there were a few item replacements for some store items. I could be wrong, though!!
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I have been playing in alpine county for a few days ,beautiful world c: .i also played in storybook county by mysimsrealty that I love to play in a lot
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    These worlds look fantastic. Question, though, if one doesn't have every single EP listed, can you still download and play the world? Will it just be missing some things? Thanks.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    These worlds look fantastic. Question, though, if one doesn't have every single EP listed, can you still download and play the world? Will it just be missing some things? Thanks.

I once had everything but showtime installed,the showtime venues were black lots and I just went to edit town and removed the buildings on the lots and used them for other stuff
    Happy Simming!♥
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member

It depends entirely on the world, I think. But if I stop and contemplate it, it should just mean that you'll have some things missing, but the world will still be functional. So if all the houses have a certain type of bed from a certain expansion and you don't have that expansion installed, you'll have a flower in that spot instead. The included winery will be missing the wine machine and some of the plants if you don't have World Adventures...

SO IN SUMMARY, you can still play the worlds. Some things will be missing, some of which have entire buildings dedicated to them, but you can still play!!
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,453 Member
    @SimGuruHydra is no longer here. D:

She was the community manager for the Sims back in 2014, but then was replaced a mystery SimGuru.

Then the mystery SimGuru was replaced by @SimGuruDrake at around May 2015-June 2015. :)

---

I can't live without Monte Vista. o:)

Monte Vista is a superior world.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
    @SimGuruHydra is no longer here. D:

She was the community manager for the Sims back in 2014, but then was replaced a mystery SimGuru.

Then the mystery SimGuru was replaced by @SimGuruDrake at around May 2015-June 2015. :)

---

I can't live without Monte Vista. o:)

Monte Vista is a superior world.

THAT was the name. Changing my post right now, thank you!
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    Another vote for legacy island lll, started playing it a little while ago and now it's my favourite world, I love that it has content from all the Eps, even dive lots!

Sunlit tides is another world I m always drawn back to, I just love how beautiful it is.
    I have Sunlit Tides, but I can never remember to actually USE it.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited April 2016
    I just started over with a new TS3 folder and here are the worlds I considered essential and installed in it:
    • All the Store worlds - even the ones I have never played much, like Midnight Hollow. That's because of all the assets those worlds came with. (Faves are Lucky Palms, Monte Vista, and Sunlit Tides.)
    • Rflong7/13 worlds: Legacy Island III, Glenvale County (it's my go-to build world), Beach City, My Bridgeport, Longview II (No CC, Store items used in some but optional; I have all of her worlds and may end up installing more).
    • MySimRealty: Storybrook County (No CC required, Store items often used but optional) I have many more of her worlds and may end up installing more of those, too).
    • Costerboi: Angel City (Comes with a CC decorative Ferris Wheel)
    • Nilxis: Plavi Raj (There is a separate, merged package file for the CC used in the world; it's playable without it but doesn't look as nice and ditto with having more of his worlds stashed).
    • Great Bear by Johnnywr (No CC)

Edited to mention CC/Store content in these worlds.
    Edited again to add another world :D
    Post edited by HappySimmer3 on
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • SimGuruDrakeSimGuruDrake Posts: 1,648 SimGuru (retired)
    mizuru007 wrote: »
    First off, I feel like a thread like this needs to be stickied at the top of this subforum. This is clearly the main Sims forum now, so this needs to be easily accessible. Paging @SimGuruDrake to do so if you feel it's worthy!!

Done :)
    Global Community Manager for Maxis / The Sims
    Holy heck, that was quick!! Thank you so much!
  • TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I've got Blank Evermore Falls,Glenvale County,Storybrook County,Winfield,Gibsons,Oak Leaf,Deery Meadows,Storybrook County and Alleria Lite installed and I love all of them.I worked on Gibsons,Winfield and Oak Leaf myself in CAW before exporting them into the game.All three of those worlds are very stable and I've had legacies there.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2016
    I really enjoy playing in whimsical/fantasy settings so I adore Rflong7/13's Bellatrix that uses assets from Lunar Lakes. Lunar Lakes is cool but I think Bellatrix is better.

One user-created world I also have and really like is Castle Canyon. I'm not sure if it's still available anywhere but it's based on the scrubland of Wyoming and looks a lot like where I live but with better colors.

P.S. I'm thrilled this got stuck--makes it so easy to find in case people need referred. :D
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • PikminWPikminW Posts: 169 Member
    I played a whole legacy in Moonlight Falls (until my cousin released his wrath and saved) :(
    And I am currently doing one in Aurora Skies/Bridgeport (though I'll go back to Aurora Skies once they finish college)

Other worlds I do like, but don't play in them are.

Roaring Heights (aesthethically pleasing but the 20's thing gets old)
    Bridgeport (I love cities, but the routing issues here meh)
    Monte Vista (gorgeous but again it wears off)
    Storybrook County (Did play for a lot there)

mizuru007 wrote: »

It depends entirely on the world, I think. But if I stop and contemplate it, it should just mean that you'll have some things missing, but the world will still be functional. So if all the houses have a certain type of bed from a certain expansion and you don't have that expansion installed, you'll have a flower in that spot instead. The included winery will be missing the wine machine and some of the plants if you don't have World Adventures...

SO IN SUMMARY, you can still play the worlds. Some things will be missing, some of which have entire buildings dedicated to them, but you can still play!!

The bed to flower thing has never happened to me hehe. The game replaces the item for a similar thing, like another bed. But that'd be funny
    When will my reflection show?
    0f6_zpsnz47jegb.gif
  • HuedMollHuedMoll Posts: 64 Member
    Monte Vista has my favorite 64x64 residential lot-- it is on a hilltop next to a large, beautiful fishing/ruins spot. One of the prettiest lots I've ever played on! And I think the walled city in this world is great.

Rflong7/13'ds Legacy Island II is another favorite because the community center and the mall are both fantastic! And it has a perfect blend of types of buildings.

Dragon Valley is nice because of the strange, fantasy inspired people. The architecture is nice, too. And there is a beautiful lot with a lake and waterfall that I like to buy and have weddings at.

And Roaring Heights for the 30s atmosphere all the cute outfits the people have. When I'm in the mood to do a farm/country game, this is a great world for that. Everything looks like the great depression. And the boardwalk is fun.

Shalua's Cornucopia is also a nice, simple island world. I like using it for builds because it is nice and flat and has good lots.

I've recently been playing with Aurora Skies and find that to be surprisingly nice. And I also like Lunar Lakes as a place for Sims to start a legacy. Story-wise, I like to have an exiled alien (royalty maybe) start a game marooned as an immigrant on the Lunar Lakes colony, working toward the goal of moving to earth. The lots are really tiny on Lunar Lakes, so it feels like a good refugee camp setting. I think I may do a Lunar prison game sometime soon.
  • DivinylsFanDivinylsFan Posts: 1,278 Member
    is this research for Sims 4?
    I remember you from university, I still have your story.
    is this research for Sims 4?

Nope, just a quick place for people to reference if they're looking for new worlds to put into their game!! I believe there was a post like this on the old Sims 3 forums, but that entire forum has since been locked, so no one can add anything to it or change anything.
  • veesalazarveesalazar Posts: 7 New Member
    I just love Moonlit Falls
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Sunset Valley. Always go back to it, can redo it, rearrange it many ways.
  • jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited April 2016
    My favorite EA worlds are
    - Sunlit Tides - it's the perfect destination for a honeymoon or vacations, but also if you're playing surfer dudes or a retired couple...
    - Monte Vista - You've never been to Italy? Go to Monte Vista...

My favorite CC world is Ziwa Bonde by Nilxis. It's an African world that comes populated, but with no roads. You need Pets to play, otherwise you won't have the zébras and hyenas...

Otherwise I play in my own world, Twin Towns since about two years, for the purpose of my Grey Witches' story.
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Gucio92Gucio92 Posts: 11 New Member
    Every world has a lot of useful objects, clothes and other stuff and even if I'm playing in just one world I couldn't have my game with the rest not being installed.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Store worlds, Sunlit Tides, Aurora Skies.
    CC worlds, New York City, Miami
  • _torraay_torraay Posts: 34 Member
    I can't live without Sunset Valley. I like the suburbia feeling to the town. I also love Appaloosa Plains. I wish Pets didn't crash so much because I would live in that town :(
    2h6rm7d.jpg
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    My current legacy family resides in Monte Vista...I just love that world. I want Sunlit Tides and Lucky Palms too...just can't afford them right now. I would love all of the TS3 store worlds...just to complete my collection. So, hopefully, the store doesn't close for a VERY long time. I don't foresee not playing TS3 in the future!
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • p3dromoisesp3dromoises Posts: 113 Member
    My favorite worlds are Sunset Valley, Twinbrook (I love that suburban feeling and those fogs are everything), and Isla Paradiso.
    The Store worlds, I don't have them but I would buy Monte Vista, Hidden Springs and Roaring Heights.
    From the CC Worlds I like Los Aniegos and Setra.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top