Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love and Fame in Hidden Springs (COMPLETED)

2...Next

Comments

• PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Thank you, @thuggishsplicer ! :) What is going on with Aidan?
  • thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I sent you a PM.
    Aidan's crush at school aged up earlier and they broke up. I wanted to set him up with Aisha (Jolina-)Sekemoto, but she hit it off with Jeremy! LOL Now, he's trying to go out with Xander Clavell and Tamara's daughter, but they're too slow. I need an alchemist. XD
    Nophret is going to the Town Hall. It's not a happy occasion.
    90ochw.jpg

She has woken up in the morning to find herself a disgraced celebrity. This is the second time this has happened to her, but this time she's done nothing to deserve it! Someone has spread the false rumour that she wet herself in public.
    Nophret has a good idea about who did this (a certain paparazzo pretending to be her friend) and is going to sue for slander.
    25rjl8g.jpg

Unfortunately, she loses the case and has to pay almost 2000 for the legal fees. This is not her lucky day!

Marcela the paparazzo pretends to be surprised by the rumours... but Nophret doesn't believe her.
    xp9cwg.jpg

Meanwhile, Molly and Bruce meet in the park after Bruce's work.
    2irkhf9.jpg

They are both pretty certain they want to spend their life together, so when Bruce suggests sightseeing in the hot air balloon, Molly is hoping she knows what is on his mind.
    105dw0l.jpg

Or maybe she's wrong? Maybe he's just enjoying the fact that he's in a hot air balloon.
    6rsfit.jpg

Bruce pours them some champagne to break the ice...
    x69zxe.jpg

2f0gj2u.jpg

... and then suddenly gets down on his knees and takes a ring out of his pocket.
    veyd0i.jpg

I love how shocked Molly looks in this picture.
    2a608at.jpg

And now, Molly and Bruce have a summer wedding to plan, and Nophret has some revenge to plot!
    og04cg.jpg

Over breakfast the next day, Molly tells her friends about her engagement. She asks them to be her bridesmaids. Of course, they accept!
    anh4t5.jpg

For the second time, the Bistro has offered a sponsorship deal to Nophret. This time she's an important enough celebrity for them to send a limo to pick her up.
    2s6q4na.jpg

The false rumours Marcela spread about her are still weighing on her, though.
    20zv3lv.jpg

But she has a revenge plan (for which she needed me to cheat a little: I temporarily changed her Good trait to Mean-Spirited.)

After dining at the Bistro, she invites Marcela to join her at the theatre café.
    23kq0ra.jpg

Were she able to see Nophret's expression just after the phone call, Marcela would never have accepted! Very fittingly, there is a heavy thunderstorm outside, and some of the townies in the café are vampires.
    f1crbb.jpg

Marcela arrives in a good mood...
    2lxj8t5.jpg

... although when Nophret produces her snake-charming basket, she seems to think: "Nophret looks a little witchy today!"
    tajyhh.jpg

Suddenly she starts screaming and jumping. Nophret pretends not to notice at first...
    2uyq4vc.jpg

... then she says: "Oh, sorry, Fangy must have escaped. I have no idea how that happened. Come here, Fangy!"
    2rqf2vn.jpg

When the cobra is safely back in its basket, Marcela says: "I'll write such a nasty story about you for this, Nopret Kingsley!"
    "What is the difference?" Nophret asks. "I was friendly to you, and you did it anyway!"
    xqjfox.jpg

Nophret walks out of the café... but then she sneaks back in, stands right behind Marcela and does her best cobra impression: "HISSSS!"
    Marcela screams again.
    dhejys.jpg

Nophret is having the time of her life.
    2yy2l2g.jpg

After this she goes home, and in her sleep she gets her Good trait back. (Hilariously, a message appears from Marcela saying it's been an okay group outing!)
    LOL, I'm glad Molly will get married in your game, too!
    As you know, she got married with Kyle, but Kyle was flirty. I changed his trait to lucky.

Marcela and Nophet's feud is getting better and better. XD
    I need someone to play the snake charm in my game too.
    edited May 2016
    @thuggishsplicer , a snake charmer would fit really well into your story! :)
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    lol A wedding and a revenge plot. What better way for some sims to spend their summer? :)

Also, Nophret's dress is really pretty. I love seeing old patterns colored in creative new ways that make them look new.
    Thank you, @KaytayRoall ! Nophret's dress is a base game dress, but the pattern is from the exchange: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8903688
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I'm so happy to see Nophret getting her well-deserved revenge on that paparrazo!

And congrats, Molly!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    Hello,
    @PalmArrow I can't wait for the next update. Nophret is an intriguing and beautiful Sim. I only wish she were on the Exchange.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    Thanks for the compliments, @Rococo1256 ! And thanks for posting the link, @KevinL5275 ! I was away so I didn't notice @Rococo1256 's post immediately.

This story comes to a conclusion with Molly and Bruce's wedding (and since I saved and quit while the wedding party was still going on, all my sims will be partying until I open the save again to pick them up for a future game. I definitely want to use all these characters again and continue their lives!)

A rainy Leisure Day comes, but the weather doesn't spoil the girls' shopping for wedding and bridesmaid dresses.

wmhstt.jpg

34t9w03.jpg

2zisuux.jpg

Always wearing your hair up and then letting it down just for the wedding is the opposite of what brides usually do, but I liked this hair and veil:

2qsqpw6.jpg

The bridesmaids will be wearing the same pattern (this one) on slightly different dresses:

rsu6m8.jpg

34es40h.jpg

And now it's time for the wedding party!

I made a park for the wedding on a 64x64 lot by the lake, with a Simhenge, a maypole, a Fountain of Youth and some fantasy trees. I wanted to make it look like an ancient sacred site.
    e5gzu1.jpg

The guests are beginning to take their seats. The ceremony hasn't even started, and Francisca Vanderburg is already crying her heart out!
    205rrlt.jpg

I can imagine this guest, Lord Piers, saying in Sir David Attenborough's voice: "As you can see, the bride and groom have assumed their positions under the traditional wedding arch, and are about to say their vows..."
    afc2vm.jpg

Bruce and Molly finally exchange their rings, and everyone is crying now.
    6r3lv4.jpg

2zqrdle.jpg

mugbux.jpg

Not everyone is concentrated on the bride and groom. The bridesmaids are impatient for the bride to throw the bouquet, and Lord Piers seems fascinated with Nophret.
    jpha88.jpg

I like this picture of Nophret and Ella throwing confetti. They look so graceful.
    16748yb.jpg

Lord Piers agrees with me!
    6pcocn.jpg

As the congratulations begin, the vampire Ian Nali arrives late, shielding himself from the sun.
    219tnc8.jpg

My household are the first to help themselves from the buffet - the guests linger around the wedding arch for a while, although some of them are yelling that they are hungry.
    aw88wm.jpg

rt10d1.jpg

"I hope we'll never get divorced", Molly is saying.
    xe35lh.jpg

2qbrn00.jpg

Finally, one by one the guests figure out where the food is. Lord Piers is the first to do so, and he chooses to sit with Nophret.
    2n71i5h.jpg

Ian the vampire remains alone beside the wedding arch, thinking about life and death and undeath.
    j7agxu.jpg

Molly has found love, Nophret has found fame, Ella has found Prince Charming, and I have seen a full cycle of seasons in Hidden Springs... so this is

THE END

When I make a sequel with the same characters, I will drop a link here.
    I'm so happy to see Molly married and happy in your game!
    She deserved it! I wonder what you'll do next. I do like your stories!

Congrats for them! XD