Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chocolate Challenge- :)

AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
How's your progress? I've completed the first set with three sims working on the hobby, they just got to level 2 of the hobby a few minutes ago.

nhnz739.jpg
(Added Picture)

Comments

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Me too. I have 4 sims working on it and they have found 4 items.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    I saw the challenge pop up last before I went to bed and got four sims started on chocolate making. It's been kind of a busy day so I haven't been in much to get a lot done but after seeing your post I figured I probably should. :D I have a small room - with no door now, in a building I am using for four other sims to work on the workbenches getting me LP's.

How would I get a picture up? I'm almost afraid to find out, I might share a lot of pictures, lol.

My sims just got to level 2 chocolate making and have completed the first row in the collection. I should be able to get a fair bit accomplished the rest of today.
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar The challenge wasn't available to me until midnight last night, I was asleep though so I didn't start it till this morning, lol. It's going pretty fast so far, the first set was easy enough. The second one is a little harder, I only got one sim to make a new type of chocolate and the other two made the same thing from the first set. I have about an hour left till they finish making chocolate, then I'll set them to make another round of chocolate each before I go have Easter lunch/dinner with relatives.

It's actually pretty easy. I'm assuming you know how to take an in game picture? It's the big camera button in the top left, once you press that the picture comes up, then you click the little blue button on the bottom left (not bottom right, that's for sharing to Facebook) and you should get a pop up showing an envelope which represents your email (if you have your email linked to your kindle), click that then email the pic to yourself. Then when you open the email hold your finger on the pic then click download picture. Go find your picture in your album then upload it to Imgur or wherever you like to upload your photos then get the image link from wherever you uploaded the pic to and paste it here. Pretty simple. :D
  • Options
    I stayed up WAYYYY too late last night, lol, it was probably close to 1 before I went to bed.

Yup, I have been taking loads of pictures since I started. Now, I wonder what email is associated with this kindle, haha. I'll go give it a shot and share a pic of my happy little chocolatiers.

I hope you have a great Easter dinner! I chose to forgo all of that this year and instead made loaded omelettes for the family for breakfast and have the rest of the day to do whatevs. Everyone was more than cool with that, thankfully.
  • Options
    @Jessa_Dakkar Mmhmm omelettes. Anyway, it's actually any email that you want to use. Just use the search button on your kindle and search for 'email' and an app should come up. Then just use whatever email you want to use and then follow the other steps.

I'll have to take more pics too, tats something that I don't do enough of in any game that I play, lol.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    FPChocolaiers_zpslg7s8lva.jpg

Took me a while but I got it.. I think! :D

I took their door away because they would wander away after they finished and before I got them all queued up again. Took all the chairs off the lot, too. Now they just stand there like good little soldiers and wait my command.
  • Options
    That's a nice room, compared to mine which is a cleared out living room from one of the starter houses. :D

I think my ultimate goal is to have 1 or 2 multi-story homes and designed specifically for skill/hobby building. But what I hate are the skills that only let you have 1 of the hobby objects, like the spell casting podium or the music thing for babies, I guess things like that could just be kept in the recreational areas of houses.
  • Options
    I started a community center of my own next to the fire station in the game to do just that, but I haven't got very far with it. I wanted a place to put out the stuff others might need if they visit, like the fire hydrant... buuuuuttttt.. it's kind of a hot mess at this point. I only have a small room for designing fashion and a small room I sometimes send a teen to so she can work on her musical skills to build the sign in town. And a bathroom. It has a bathroom. And aspirations of being a better place. :D
  • Options
    Do you know if the woodworking hobby is timed? I can buy it in the promotions r us store but I'm kind of hesitant to start it because I don't have many sims that are available that don't have a skill set already.
  • Options
    For the bench there are two options, one is called Quick Practice and it takes 5 hours and the other option takes over 12. For a while I had 17 sims dedicated to that skill, to get the furniture sets not too long ago, but I've narrowed it down to 4 sims now. The collection completes fairly quickly I guess but I may narrow it down even further. Right now it's all good, though. So for a challenge I would suggest waiting until you can dedicate more sims to crafting, even if only temporary, since the shortest option to craft takes so long.
  • Options
    Woot, second set complete! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Astro wrote: »

It's pretty slow going! Thankfully between my cooks, fashion designers and woodworkers, I can easily afford to knock off the last 'almost' two hours off every cycle and only use one LP each. And still, I haven't gotten any further than the first two sets in the collection. I know it will speed up as it goes on and the sims gain skills, but right now it is almost painful.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

It's pretty slow going! Thankfully between my cooks, fashion designers and woodworkers, I can easily afford to knock off the last 'almost' two hours off every cycle and only use one LP each. And still, I haven't gotten any further than the first two sets in the collection. I know it will speed up as it goes on and the sims gain skills, but right now it is almost painful.

I actually feel like it goes faster in the beginning than it does at the end, lol. Because when you're at the end of a collection and are looking for one piece of a set you end up getting everything else but that one thing you're looking for. :D
  • Options

I actually feel like it goes faster in the beginning than it does at the end, lol. Because when you're at the end of a collection and are looking for one piece of a set you end up getting everything else but that one thing you're looking for. :D

That is true, yeah, but I am thinking when they build up the chocolate making skill so they aren't limited to making skill level three and under chocolates :D I still only have the first two sets, lmao. This is going smashingly. I need them to get to level five before they get that last chocolate in the third set.
  • Options
    I have the first 8 items on both my games (two tablets) and my sims are half way to lvl 5 which they need to get more. So with 6 days left this quest doesn't seem to be too hard - at least until now :)
  • Options
    Erpe wrote: »
    I have the first 8 items on both my games (two tablets) and my sims are half way to lvl 5 which they need to get more. So with 6 days left this quest doesn't seem to be too hard - at least until now :)

Hopefully it won't take to long, I'm still working on the third set.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I just collected all 12 items and got the gingerbread floors and the wall pack unlocked. Resetting to get the next items :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    edited March 2016
    I already have the gingerbread house from an earlier quest so I'm not sure if there are any new items. I wish the pics were a little larger.
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    I just collected all 12 items and got the gingerbread floors and the wall pack unlocked. Resetting to get the next items :)

How many different furniture sets are there? And once the time limit is up do you lose the ability to unlock the other furniture sets if you haven't already done so?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    There are 7 furniture packs so you have to complete the hobby 7 times to receive them all.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    There are 7 furniture packs so you have to complete the hobby 7 times to receive them all.

But do you know what happens when the 7 days is up?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I already have the gingerbread house from an earlier quest so I'm not sure if there are any new items. I wish the pics were a little larger.
    I had the gingerbread house too. But I seem to have got 6 new floors unlocked: cookie tiles, chocolate tiles, rocky road, blonde brownie, chocolate fingers and chocolate marble. I got 7 new walls too.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

You won't be able to buy furniture you haven't unlocked. But I don't know if you can continue working on the hobby.

The challenge may come back in some months so you can continue working on it - or it may not. We don't know yet. I am considering to have a fifth sim working on the hobby in a neighbor's town. Otherwise I believe that I will have to use quite some LPs if I want everything unlocked.
  • Options

You won't be able to buy furniture you haven't unlocked. But I don't know if you can continue working on the hobby.

The challenge may come back in some months so you can continue working on it - or it may not. We don't know yet. I am considering to have a fifth sim working on the hobby in a neighbor's town. Otherwise I believe that I will have to use quite some LPs if I want everything unlocked.

That's what I was wondering, thanks for answering. :)
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    I got at least two sims making some.
    2vc864m.jpg