Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I will not let my sims have babies

I will not let my sims have babies till they bring toddlers to sims 4 and unchain babies from the crib . With out toddlers and babies as a object it dose not work for me .

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It's been a year and a half since I have been able to play a full family. I do have a kid in a household here and there but created in CAS. Seeing my Sims don't even celebrate the aging up of the baby to ten year old was even more devastating than seeing it pop out of a bassinette.

I saw that a few times, then thought I can't ever watch that again.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    gmomasue wrote: »
    I will not let my sims have babies till they bring toddlers to sims 4 and unchain babies from the crib . With out toddlers and babies as a object it dose not work for me .

We ll probebly get toddlers but I imagine babies will always be chained to the crib in TS4.
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    I have Sims who are waiting for Toddlers to come before starting a family, and Sims who are grinding out kids before Toddlers come out. I'm pretty sure the ones waiting for Toddlers to come out will die without children.
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

You're not alone.

I play an immortal robot (Olivia from the TS4 commercial) and just make her go around collecting things so that they will be available when I can actually play TS4 the way I want to and not the way the game is currently designed for (running around doing things just to tick off a checkbox) I ended up using the aspiration cheats to avoid motives because they were just getting in the way of accomplishing all these checklist tasks :unamused: Who cares about life simulation, right? Hopefully, when the life stages are worked out and family play is more natural, then TS4 will become more than a 'challenge' game.
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I'm actually going to be honest, I love this game I really do, but i'm not having babies until toddlers come back. I don't often play with children, but when I do I want to see them grow up slowly, making memories from a small critter to a big noisy teenager :D

I'm sure they'll come back, but until then i'm going to play out their relationships until toddlers make a comeback :blush:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    My sims don't even have babies anyways unless they screw up while having risky woohoo installed
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    I really enjoy the game as it is but toddlers would add so much to family play. I do let my sims have kids but I age the babies right up because they're so boring. I also tend to let the kids just do their own thing and don't really play with them very often. I wish they would add active schools or something to add to the gameplay for the sims kids.
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    I thought that before!
    But so sad I can't actually do that! :D
  • CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Me too. It breaks my heart every time a couple (who had a toddler in TS3) get the wish to have a baby. :-( But I'm convinced we'll get toddlers eventually.

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited March 2016
    I just can't play babies...I age them up the instant the option appears. I loved babies in TS2 and TS3, but the babies here being tied to the bassinet are just boring. Crying babies don't slow down the game either so too risky for me lol
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Okay.... I can understand the toddler part, but not the baby part. Untying babies from cribs isn't worth the effort they would have to put in. Honestly, what's the point? Your sim is just going to pick them up and lay them on the ground anyways. Making them untied from cribs isn't going to change the fact that babies have always been classified and treated as objects since TS1.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I know TS3 babies for a fact can't be bought in buydebug mode, so the "all babies are objects" part isn't true
    I never checked in TS2, but even if they were they could at least be carried and were like a real baby.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I know TS3 babies for a fact can't be bought in buydebug mode, so the "all babies are objects" part isn't true
    I never checked in TS2, but even if they were they could at least be carried and were like a real baby.

Babies in TS3 were still classified as objects by the game, doesn't matter whether or not they were in buydebug because the devs could've easily excluded it.
    edited March 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Babies in TS3 were still classified as objects by the game, doesn't matter whether or not they were in buydebug because the devs could've easily excluded it.

No, no, no. :) Babies in TS3 have traits, and emotions and moodlets, TS4 babies don't. Therefore, TS3 babies are Sims not objects. The difference of an object is can you click the Sim or the object it's ties to? In this case you can't click on the baby Sim you have to click the crib, in TS2 you can click either. So, TS3 is the only game that actually made the baby an actual Sim.

Those traits don't have effect until the baby ages up. And the moodlets are used to tell their needs if you don't look at the needs panel. The game still classifies the babies as objects internally, you cannot deny that.

Babies in 4 still have needs and emotions, but does that mean they aren't classified as objects? No.

No, no, no. :) Babies in TS3 have traits, and emotions and moodlets, TS4 babies don't. Therefore, TS3 babies are Sims not objects. The difference of an object is can you click the Sim or the object it's ties to? In this case you can't click on the baby Sim you have to click the crib, in TS2 you can click either. So, TS3 is the only game that actually made the baby an actual Sim.

Those traits don't have effect until the baby ages up. And the moodlets are used to tell their needs if you don't look at the needs panel. The game still classifies the babies as objects internally, you cannot deny that.

TS2 classified ghosts as objects as a term. But there is a huge difference on clicking a Sim baby or an object, and being able to buy a baby in buydebug.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member

Babies being able to be selected also their sim panel being abled to be viewed, would be nice. But the Gurus already said they tried various ways to unchain babies before release and after to see if the clipping issues or the baby disappearing in the arms would stop, but it didn't, so they left that feature out and there we have chained babies. (No misleading, literately what a guru said)

TS2 classified ghosts as objects as a term. But there is a huge difference on clicking a Sim baby or an object, and being able to buy a baby in buydebug.

Like I said, whether or not something is in buy debug doesn't mean the game doesn't recognize it as an object, the devs have the ability to easily take out something from the catalog.
    poppykoke wrote: »

Babies being able to be selected also their sim panel being abled to be viewed, would be nice. But the Gurus already said they tried various ways to unchain babies before release and after to see if the clipping issues or the baby disappearing in the arms would stop, but it didn't, so they left that feature out and there we have chained babies. (No misleading, literately what a guru said)

Then if they can't stop the clipping or leaving toddler at the public space park, I guess we will never see toddlers in this game. Thanks for the brilliant multitasking Maxis. So brilliant it hampers life simulator.

Yep, I forgot which guru, but one said it would've taken months of their time to fix the issue with babies, and that they had the same issues with the ones in 3 too.

Then if they can't stop the clipping or leaving toddler at the public space park, I guess we will never see toddlers in this game. Thanks for the brilliant multitasking Maxis. So brilliant it hampers life simulator.

They never said they couldn't, they said that they couldn't in a reasonable amount of time.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    edited March 2016

Almost the same for me, but it also includes those teens. I want pre-teens too, to lessen another huge life stage leap.
    None of my YA's are getting married until that happens.

Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top